Dirty John 2 - The Betty Broderick Story

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nearly at the end of season 2 Dirty John, and I'm absolutely insenced on Betty Broderick's behalf. I read up on it recently and the Operah Winfrey interview with the real Betty was very interesting too. It's clear Dan baited her, he didn't have to ask for full custody of the kids, he didn't have to treat her so bad, or fine her and be so sneaky and controling, he went from a loving (albeit selfish & sexist) husband to being attracted to basically a younger model of his current wife. He was very sexist and every thing in the courts was about him and supporting him it was all so male dominated back then and she was portrayed as an hysterical jealous crazy woman and got terrible support. Linda was portrayed quite badly, showing no empathy or remorse, wonder what she was really like? Most courts back then often seemed to favour the men. Betty had to demonstrate she was a good mum, yet Dan didn't seem to need to show how good he was as a father, where were the meetings from the school and friends, work colleagues etc? Anyway, obviously I don't know all the facts about the real story or but it still has left me reeling!!! Anyway, just needed to vent!

Reactions: 6
Nearly at the end of season 2 Dirty John, and I'm absolutely insenced on Betty Broderick's behalf. I read up on it recently and the Operah Winfrey interview with the real Betty was very interesting too. It's clear Dan baited her, he didn't have to ask for full custody of the kids, he didn't have to treat her so bad, or fine her and be so sneaky and controling, he went from a loving (albeit selfish & sexist) husband to being attracted to basically a younger model of his current wife. He was very sexist and every thing in the courts was about him and supporting him it was all so male dominated back then and she was portrayed as an hysterical jealous crazy woman and got terrible support. Linda was portrayed quite badly, showing no empathy or remorse, wonder what she was really like? Most courts back then often seemed to favour the men. Betty had to demonstrate she was a good mum, yet Dan didn't seem to need to show how good he was as a father, where were the meetings from the school and friends, work colleagues etc? Anyway, obviously I don't know all the facts about the real story or but it still has left me reeling!!! Anyway, just needed to vent!
I agree but she put her hatred of him before her children. She put her love of material wealth before her children. Her children wouldn't have minded living in a smaller house and not having designer clothes. They both dragged them kids through hell.

Reactions: 5
I agree but she put her hatred of him before her children. She put her love of material wealth before her children. Her children wouldn't have minded living in a smaller house and not having designer clothes. They both dragged them kids through hell.
Yep they did the classic game of using the children as weapons. Both of them.

Reactions: 2