Dirty John 2 - The Betty Broderick Story

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand why they put this under Dirty John

They should of just said "from the credits of Dirty John"

The story is a bit meh, but I'm still watching b

Reactions: 5
Same

I've wanted to learn more about the BB case for ages so I'm lowkey interested

Reactions: 2
I don’t get it. Is it the original John from season 1 but back in the 80’s?

Reactions: 1
I don’t get it. Is it the original John from season 1 but back in the 80’s?
It’s a different true crime story altogether, separate from the story of Dirty John, but made by the same people. It’s very confusing, they should have taken that out of the title.

Reactions: 7
It’s a different true crime story altogether, separate from the story of Dirty John, but made by the same people. It’s very confusing, they should have taken that out of the title.
Ah yes. I’m watching it now but pissing about on my phone and not giving it my full attention 🤣
I thought it was a sequel to season 1.

Reactions: 3
The only entertaining thing that has come out of the first 2 episodes was Mike Scavo from desperate housewives 😅😍

Reactions: 6
It gets better from episode 3 onwards. Thought it was pretty boring & confusing to follow initially. I think they kept the dirty John in there as it’s alluded that the husband ripped her off, was calculating & taking money etc so although is in a different sense to the first series, it’s still similar if that makes sense haha.
I think I’m about to watch episode 8. Still don’t know how I feel about the case as a whole & trying not to google yet until I’ve finished the series.
I didn’t know anything about the case before watching so I’ve found it really interesting

Reactions: 9
I’ve watched episode 1 but its pretty dull. I too was confused as I presumed it was a carry on of the same story! They should not have called or series two, it should be its own series!

I'm on Episode 2 - not enjoying it thus far. Hopefully it gets better as I've nothing else to watch.

It does pick up later, I have two more episodes to watch but I’m working the weekend (nights) so will finish on Monday night.

I just finished watching this tonight. Looked up the real story too as didn't actually know it. I liked it but series 1 Dirty John was more interesting I think

Reactions: 2
I finished arching this last night.... I can’t decide if she was crackers in her own right or he had actually made her that way with the years of torment. It definitely came across with some patriarchal dominance.
im always disappointed when they don’t do a little follow up at the end with something like “Betty is now 76 and lives in Virginiaafter serving 25 years”
Or whatever.

Reactions: 7
Yeah I’ve now finished it & really don’t know what I think...
I won’t put any spoilers but going to go google the case now & find out some more info haha

Reactions: 3
Finished it now and all I can say is "Alexa play Chicago - Cell Block Tango"
raw.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m on episode 4 and not sure what I think about it!! I googled before I started so know the ending 😂

If anyone is interested in the case, years ago they made a TV movie called A Woman Scorned The Betty Broderick story. I thought it was really good and Meredith Baxter played Betty really well. Haven’t watched this tv series yet but it’s on my next to watch list.

Reactions: 4
Binged watched it yesterday up till 4am not my best idea 🤣 it got better as it went on . I do think she was a bit of a loose cannon but years of gas lighting and emotional abuse drove her to the edge .

Reactions: 14