Designer Items, best and worst purchases #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so happy to have found a thread of other like-kinded women, we can support each others' purchases without judgement! Sometimes i don't want to bring it up with my friends because it can be awkward, like "you're going to spend that much money on a bag?!" You know what I mean?!
I know exactly what you mean 😂 I could never chat like this with my friends and don’t post stuff on social media in case it comes across braggy so this anonymous forum is perfect 👌🏻 welcome!

Reactions: 9
As others have mentioned before, I do feel a slight feeling of intimidation because I don't know how purchasing new from Chanel even works! You girls talk about making appts and having Sales Girls, do you think that's a UK thing or is it a Chanel thing?! Can I just walk in and buy what I want or do I need to pre-order it, make an appt, know someone in the store... how does it work?! Would love help from all you more experienced shoppers 🥰
I think appointments are a covid thing because stores are limiting customers for social distancing. Mostly because I’ve never heard about it till the last few months.

In the past I’ve just walked into Chanel with an idea of what I want and my budget and asked to too see for example card holders/coin purses and they’ve shown me what’s available.

I did call ahead for my classic flap to make sure they had one at Manchester(I live in the north and didn’t want to get there and find it out of stock having wasted train fare when I could’ve gone to London)They put it on hold for me overnight but on all other occasions I’ve just walked in no problem. I will say I don’t spend enough regularly enough to build a relationship with a specific SA but I’ve never found that an issue either at Chanel or LV.

Reactions: 4
Hi ladies! I'm new to this forum but have been reading the thread for the past couple of weeks, drooling over all your purchases from here in Australia 🤤🥰 I'm so happy to have found a thread of other like-kinded women, we can support each others' purchases without judgement! Sometimes i don't want to bring it up with my friends because it can be awkward, like "you're going to spend that much money on a bag?!" You know what I mean?!
My first designer bag was a beautiful tobacco Coach 31 Edie shoulder bag. My husband bought it for me and I still love it! I bought a LV GM Neverfull for my baby bag - I figured with 2 babies under 2 years old, I deserved something fabulous!
I then bought myself a stunning vintage Chanel calfskin wallet that I'm obsessed with and it has just sparked a deep desire in me for all things Chanel.... I just opened a savings account so I can reach my goal of buying my first Chanel bag new.
As others have mentioned before, I do feel a slight feeling of intimidation because I don't know how purchasing new from Chanel even works! You girls talk about making appts and having Sales Girls, do you think that's a UK thing or is it a Chanel thing?! Can I just walk in and buy what I want or do I need to pre-order it, make an appt, know someone in the store... how does it work?! Would love help from all you more experienced shoppers 🥰
Hi!! Welcome to the thread ☺ You don’t need an appointment but if you’re going on a busy day/travelling from far, I would probably suggest booking one to make sure you see someone :)
Technically you can just walk in and buy what you like, if it’s available. I didn’t preorder my classic flap, I just went in and asked for it, it was there, so I bought it :)

A little off topic but I watched a video the other day on the most expensive place to buy a Chanel classic flap in the world and I think the most expensive or very close to the most expensive was Australia 😭 (linked video in case anyone else is interested).

Good luck with your savings goal!! ♥

Reactions: 1
I read a book called the Vogue factor by Kirstie Clements who was the Australian editor of Vogue, I’m sure I remember her saying that Australia had the highest priced designer goods and even Vogue had trouble getting hold of stuff.
You can do it tho @LurkerLizzie! It will be all the sweeter once you’ve saved up get that bag on your arm.
This is the book on case you’re interested: Amazon product

Reactions: 3
Guys I have the classic wallet on chain waiting for me when I get home from work. My amazing fiance went to Chanel in Manchester for my card holder for my birthday, colour unknown but it's pink or black I let him decide. Sent him a screenshot of the wallet to ask if they have it and they did so he got it for me (paid for with my own money, I'm spoilt but not that spoilt 😂). He said he had about a 2 hour wait to get in the shop but he expected that. I'm a bit gutted I didn't get the experience but I'm sure I can find something to go back for another time...

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I felt the same, last year in lockdown I was ordering stuff left right and centre and I did feel nauseous about it. This year I’ve been pretty good but need to make sure I control myself. It wasn’t even expensive stuff, just stuff, a lot of it remains unworn too 😬
I’m in the process of having a damn good clear out, and that’s helping me x
I think I might do that this week- clear my closet and clear my head! ❤ I’m glad to know it’s not just me- I’m the same, it’s not always expensive stuff. Quite often it’s bits from Amazon, b&q, tkmaxx or Aldi/B&m etc.. Basically just anywhere I go! 🙈 Think I might set myself a shopping from my own wardrobe challenge! x

Reactions: 6
I think I’m going to sell my beloved zipped Bayswater 😬 I took it shopping today and forgot just how heavy and cumbersome it is! It’s a good bag for taking to lunch but it’s not very practical for day to day. I’m sad because I saved for ages and was so excited when I finally bought it!

I was thinking I could put the money towards a Neverfull or a Lily which I know I’ll use much more. I’m just so worried I’ll regret it! Has anyone ever been in this position and have any words of wisdom? 🙏🏼

Reactions: 6
I think I’m going to sell my beloved zipped Bayswater 😬 I took it shopping today and forgot just how heavy and cumbersome it is! It’s a good bag for taking to lunch but it’s not very practical for day to day. I’m sad because I saved for ages and was so excited when I finally bought it!

I was thinking I could put the money towards a Neverfull or a Lily which I know I’ll use much more. I’m just so worried I’ll regret it! Has anyone ever been in this position and have any words of wisdom? 🙏🏼
I had my eye on this bag for ages but the small/micro size. What size do you have? It does look quite roomy but also heavy 😭

I never sell things because I’m so scared I’ll regret it too, especially with prices increasing if I buy it back in the future, I’ll be paying more 🥲

I can vouch for the lily though, it’s really practical and easy to carry :)

I had my eye on this bag for ages but the small/micro size. What size do you have? It does look quite roomy but also heavy 😭

I never sell things because I’m so scared I’ll regret it too, especially with prices increasing if I buy it back in the future, I’ll be paying more 🥲

I can vouch for the lily though, it’s really practical and easy to carry :)
I have the small size and it is a gorgeous bag and I really love that it’s quite structured. It’s just so heavy! I weighed it earlier and it’s 1.3kg!! 😵 My problem is the handles aren’t long enough for it to go over your shoulder and it’s a bit too big and heavy to use the long shoulder strap, so I just have it in the crook of my arm all the time.

I haven’t seen the mini in real life but from the pics it looks a better size and easier to wear with the shoulder strap. So I would be tempted to say go for that one over the small! The micro size is also super cute, they don’t sell it anymore but they might have some at the outlets?

I have the small size and it is a gorgeous bag and I really love that it’s quite structured. It’s just so heavy! I weighed it earlier and it’s 1.3kg!! 😵 My problem is the handles aren’t long enough for it to go over your shoulder and it’s a bit too big and heavy to use the long shoulder strap, so I just have it in the crook of my arm all the time.

I haven’t seen the mini in real life but from the pics it looks a better size and easier to wear with the shoulder strap. So I would be tempted to say go for that one over the small! The micro size is also super cute, they don’t sell it anymore but they might have some at the outlets?
😱 oh wow that’s quite heavy...I can imagine that would really annoy me when shopping and also carrying heavy bags 😭 when I went to Bicester last they had all these sizes and colours! So quite a range.

I don’t carry a huge amount of stuff anyway so the mini or the micro would be fine :) good luck for selling it, if you decide to! ♥

Attachments

• Heart
😱 oh wow that’s quite heavy...I can imagine that would really annoy me when shopping and also carrying heavy bags 😭 when I went to Bicester last they had all these sizes and colours! So quite a range.

I don’t carry a huge amount of stuff anyway so the mini or the micro would be fine :) good luck for selling it, if you decide to! ♥
There was the most beautiful hot pink crossbody in mulberry at Bicester. Had to drag myself away 🤣

Edit to add pic

Attachments

• Heart
I am STILL thinking about that Cartier ring. God damn you all on here 🤣
You know that means you should get it then? 😜

saw a piece on tv the other day (think it was This morning) and this lady had spent £20k in lockdown on all sorts of shite. Tip was to put it in your basket and then leave it and if you’re still thinking about it a couple of days later and you can afford it, go ahead.

Reactions: 4

saw a piece on tv the other day (think it was This morning) and this lady had spent £20k in lockdown on all sorts of shite. Tip was to put it in your basket and then leave it and if you’re still thinking about it a couple of days later and you can afford it, go ahead.
Ah thats a good tip. Its been a good week now no? I will plan a trip to London soon as I want the store experience and need to try lots on of course 😏

• Heart

But what if it sells out 😭

• Sad
But what if it sells out 😭
This is always my fear😣 goes back to when I was young and skint and would have to save up - and then the blasted thing wasn’t there! I suppose that is what returns policies are for😂

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.