Designer Items, best and worst purchases #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There seems to be queues in department stores but not standalone? I was in Harrods and the Hermes queue was huge, but 3 mins away on Sloane Street it was empty, same with Chanel. Weird.

There seems to be queues in department stores but not standalone? I was in Harrods and the Hermes queue was huge, but 3 mins away on Sloane Street it was empty, same with Chanel. Weird.
Was that last weekend when they had their 10% promo? I know it doesn’t apply to those brands but people were maybe in harrods because of that. I’ve only been to the shops during the week as well so maybe that’s why it’s been quieter.

Reactions: 2
When I went to Louis Vuitton in selfridges last week they had a virtual queue but it was only 30 mins. The Hermes on new Bond Street had a bit of a queue, I was going to go in for sandals but I was in a rush for lunch reservations 😂 wish I got them now 🥲

Reactions: 1
Ah I hate that feeling wishing you’d got something at the time but didn’t. Are you planning a trip back to London? Which sandals did you want?

Ah I hate that feeling wishing you’d got something at the time but didn’t. Are you planning a trip back to London? Which sandals did you want?
Yes but not soon enough 😂 the Oran sandals in gold! I can’t order them online, otherwise I’d just do that. I think I know my size :)

Reactions: 3
No it was the Thursday, although I did randomly pop in again on the Friday and it was noticeably busy, - but I managed to get straight into Chanel on Sloane Street.
I sadly left empty handed though.

• Sad
I keep meaning to say I haven’t experienced any queues to get into shops in London at all the past few weeks but seems from what you guys have been saying there’s mad queues for the shops up north? I saw a queue for LV in selfridges but only a few people in it which is normal for there really.
I think it’s because up here we don’t have as many of each shop as there is in London, so more people have to use the couple we have!
I waited about 30 mins to get in LV Leeds last weekend, but the queue behind me was HUGE!

I think it’s because up here we don’t have as many of each shop as there is in London, so more people have to use the couple we have!
I waited about 30 mins to get in LV Leeds last weekend, but the queue behind me was HUGE!
I think you’re right, and I think I’m right in thinking Manchester has the only Chanel outside of London.

Ah yes makes sense x

I’m in London again this weekend and have told myself I WILL NOT shop! The last 6+ months have been really bad as we’ve not been able to go anywhere so I’ve ended up spending money I would normally spend on travel/eating out etc on buying other stuff. I don’t want to sound ungrateful but it’s starting to feel like a gluttonous addiction/habit and I don’t want to head down that avenue. I feel like I can share that here without shame because it’s anonymous. 🙈

Do you lovely London ladies have any recommendations for nice restaurants for dinner on Sunday? Our usuals are fully booked with it being bank holiday. I’d prefer somewhere that serves halal options but if not, anywhere with vegetarian/pescatarian options is fine.

Reactions: 5
I think you’re right, and I think I’m right in thinking Manchester has the only Chanel outside of London.
Most probably, and they aren’t even stand alones in Manchester.
i really love Versace but there are no boutiques up here 😂 so I either have to travel to london or order online lol

I’m in London again this weekend and have told myself I WILL NOT shop! The last 6+ months have been really bad as we’ve not been able to go anywhere so I’ve ended up spending money I would normally spend on travel/eating out etc on buying other stuff. I don’t want to sound ungrateful but it’s starting to feel like a gluttonous addiction/habit and I don’t want to head down that avenue. I feel like I can share that here without shame because it’s anonymous. 🙈
I felt the same, last year in lockdown I was ordering stuff left right and centre and I did feel nauseous about it. This year I’ve been pretty good but need to make sure I control myself. It wasn’t even expensive stuff, just stuff, a lot of it remains unworn too 😬
I’m in the process of having a damn good clear out, and that’s helping me x

Reactions: 7
Most probably, and they aren’t even stand alones in Manchester.
i really love Versace but there are no boutiques up here 😂 so I either have to travel to london or order online lol
There’s a Versace outlet at Bicester 👀😜

There’s a Versace outlet at Bicester 👀😜
Bicester is a witch 🤣 I went there when I was in the depths of grief once. Bloody terrible idea I spent a fortune 🤣🤣 I go at least once a year now. The new biscuit outlet does the tastiest biscuits I've ever had haha

• Haha
There was a Dior large book tote at my local auction a few weeks ago. Basically new with dust bag. Sold for £360. I'm still kicking myself for not bidding higher lol (I wasn't the winning bidder)

I felt the same, last year in lockdown I was ordering stuff left right and centre and I did feel nauseous about it. This year I’ve been pretty good but need to make sure I control myself. It wasn’t even expensive stuff, just stuff, a lot of it remains unworn too 😬
I’m in the process of having a damn good clear out, and that’s helping me x
me too🙈. I have tried to be better recently I’m trying to focus on the loft conversation for my big Girl and manifest my Kelly🤣. I don’t really have any other big purchase planned now until auntmn.

Hi ladies! I'm new to this forum but have been reading the thread for the past couple of weeks, drooling over all your purchases from here in Australia 🤤🥰 I'm so happy to have found a thread of other like-kinded women, we can support each others' purchases without judgement! Sometimes i don't want to bring it up with my friends because it can be awkward, like "you're going to spend that much money on a bag?!" You know what I mean?!
My first designer bag was a beautiful tobacco Coach 31 Edie shoulder bag. My husband bought it for me and I still love it! I bought a LV GM Neverfull for my baby bag - I figured with 2 babies under 2 years old, I deserved something fabulous!
I then bought myself a stunning vintage Chanel calfskin wallet that I'm obsessed with and it has just sparked a deep desire in me for all things Chanel.... I just opened a savings account so I can reach my goal of buying my first Chanel bag new.
As others have mentioned before, I do feel a slight feeling of intimidation because I don't know how purchasing new from Chanel even works! You girls talk about making appts and having Sales Girls, do you think that's a UK thing or is it a Chanel thing?! Can I just walk in and buy what I want or do I need to pre-order it, make an appt, know someone in the store... how does it work?! Would love help from all you more experienced shoppers 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Gutted!!! I love the totes but think they’re just too much for what they are - that’s a bargain!
Such a bargain! I could have even resold that for a pretty penny and put towards something else. Just seemed a lot to chuck out at auction 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.