Designer Items, best and worst purchases #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No same only Selfridges my nearest is Manchester. I’m exactly like you with HV I don’t rate it. Yes Saturdays are defiantly the busiest when I’ve been in the week it’s been when I’ve taken work off due to school holidays.

Reactions: 1
I absolutely hate this with a passion and it almost makes me want to hate buy something to prove otherwise!

I always wonder why and I think i said this on the thread before - most v wealthy people are understated in how they dress (no obvious branding) whereas they’d sell to the ones wearing the fake gucci t shirts happily 🤨🥴

I look quite young and I usually have my toddler with me and when I went into Harvey nicks last year to browse the shoes they literally walked away 😂
ive done this before 😭 but also I hate going in to just browse, I know these shops are really busy and I feel shy and awkward trying stuff on. So I only do that when I’m certain I’m going to buy something 😂😭

Reactions: 3
We should all go in together😂

I went into LV with a wealthy colleague once who had no qualms about anything, she went in eating crisps 😂 and picked up stock at random at the same time, she just didn’t care. And no one said anything to her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
unfortunately without going to London I don’t have any high end stand alone stores where I live so the only place that has any is HN, which I don’t rate at the best of times!

I work full time so I only ever got to go on a Saturday (mostly pre covid!) which is probably the absolute worst day ever 😂 all the Saturday stand ins I would think
Do you know what we should do? Is call them out face to face when it happens..... ie " do you have an issue in helping me make my purchases today?" They'd soon change their attitude, we are too polite and just accepting of it. Well I've decided if it happens again I'm saying something.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Do you know what we should do? Is call them out face to face when it happens..... ie " do you have an issue in helping me make my purchases today?" They'd soon change their attitude, we are too polite and just accepting of it. Well I've decided if it happens again I'm saying something.
Let us know how that goes 😂 I’m way too much of a coward to confront someone like that 😭 the most I’d say if someone was being truly awful is “do you mind if I have someone else help me today?” Or pretend I changed my mind and go to a different store

Reactions: 5
Hope you don't mind me adding to the conversation but I always get nervous going to the posh shops, especially Selfridges in Manchester. I feel like they look at me and think I can't afford anything. I can but it doesn't stop them assuming that I can't. However when I went to Chanel for some shoes the lady was lovely and offered me an alternative to the ones I wanted.
My fiance went to Chanel again this weekend and was told to book an appointment but when he tried to phone on Sunday no-one answered the phone. Hoping to go during the week when it's quieter. He's buying me the black calfskin card holder for my birthday. The mini flap bag in black lambskin with gold hardwear is my dream bag and I wish I had bought it years ago when it was much cheaper but I don't know if I can bring myself to pay that much for a bag now!
Also both times I bought a Mulberry from Selfridges at The Trafford Centre the girls were so lovely and helpful, bringing me a couple of bags to choose which one I liked the look of the grain of the leather best.
When I see SA giving crappy attitude to customers I always feel smug thinking I’m shopping here, you’re just working here!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Your money is as good as anyone's honey. But I get what you mean.
This is always my attitude too, my money is as good as anyone else's and I wouldn't hesitate to complain or walk out if I didn't receive decent service. I don't expect anyone to kiss my ass but I do expect a bit of basic courtesy and wouldn't stand for being looked up and down. I was once in an expensive shop and the snooty sales assistant said 'the sale rail is over there' so I walked straight out.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Hi girls, I’m in London today and just received the nicest service at Cartier 😄 I wasn’t even making a huge purchase but the man who served me was so patient and lovely! (On old Bond Street) ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I like it, I must admit I am tempted myself but this one https://www.ysl.com/en-gb/rive-gauc...MIiJP2gP3Y8AIVw4XVCh25vQQUEAQYBiABEgLhevD_BwE the weather we’re having at the moment is seriously putting me off and we’re not due to go on holiday while July/august and even then it’s still a big IF😢. Ive also not long since bought the Chloe woody straw bag. I do love this YSL one though 🥰🥰 if You haven’t got anything like it treat your self.
Those raffia ones are gorgeous for holidays! Mine would mostly be used for travel as a carry-on bag (once we're doing that again...) so I was thinking black would be the most practical colour.

• Heart
Oooh I was looking at these yesterday. If I purchased one it would deffo be the black one. Selfridges do the smaller version.
The big one is quite big isn’t it, that’s what’s put me off it before I think! Quite like the smaller size

Reactions: 1
The YSL tote is lovely! I much prefer it to the Loewe bucket bags and the price point is much better than the Dior book tote and deauville. Call me a cheap skate but I can’t get my head around paying such a crazy price for canvas!

Reactions: 6
I just quickly wanted to post this as we were talking about not judging someone when they go into luxury stores and how SA’s tend look down on women who aren’t well dressed/don’t seem rich.

I shop in Primark and Cartier 😂 they do very comfy PJ’s! Which is just what I needed since I forgot mine 😱

Oooooh what did you get? 🤩
I bought a JUC ring :) I tried on some bracelets, the love ring with diamonds, but ultimately settled on the ring! And a pair of Sophia Webster’s haha. My sister bought a Louis Vuitton pouch (copying me lol) and a fendi ring too, I’ll ask her to let me take some pics 😄

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Sounds like you’ve had a gorgeous day 😊. Good choice 🥰🥰. I do also love me some primark pjs 😁. Which Fendi ring did your sister get?😍

• Heart
I just quickly wanted to post this as we were talking about not judging someone when they go into luxury stores and how SA’s tend look down on women who aren’t well dressed/don’t seem rich.

I shop in Primark and Cartier 😂 they do very comfy PJ’s! Which is just what I needed since I forgot mine 😱

I bought a JUC ring :) I tried on some bracelets, the love ring with diamonds, but ultimately settled on the ring! And a pair of Sophia Webster’s haha. My sister bought a Louis Vuitton pouch (copying me lol) and a fendi ring too, I’ll ask her to let me take some pics 😄
Love that - it’s so unusual looking (in an absolutely lovely way!!)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.