Designer Items, best and worst purchases #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone check TK Maxx? Worth having a mooch in the Gold Label section, they’ve had a Gucci drop.
I didn’t even know they did this! I did see a Steve Madden rip off of the prada nylon I was a little tempted at in store last week as it was only £30

Reactions: 1
I’m a big TK Maxxer😂! Sign up for their updates and you’ll get the emails. When you’re on, filter for price high to low and you’ll get the expensive stuff first instead of having to trawl through everything.
I got a lovely silk Dolce & Gabbana blouse the other day and a navy wool Chloe pea coat in the winter online. I’ve bought jewellery recently that is still full price in Harvey Nics atm, winner!
They sometimes have stuff in store but at the bigger ones, my nearest is Manchester. These stores have a dedicated Gold Label section now so there’s no need to root about x

I didn’t even know they did this! I did see a Steve Madden rip off of the prada nylon I was a little tempted at in store last week as it was only £30

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m a big TK Maxxer😂! Sign up for their updates and you’ll get the emails. When you’re on, filter for price high to low and you’ll get the expensive stuff first instead of having to trawl through everything.
I got a lovely silk Dolce & Gabbana blouse the other day and a navy wool Chloe pea coat in the winter online. I’ve bought jewellery recently that is still full price in Harvey Nics atm, winner!
They sometimes have stuff in store but at the bigger ones, my nearest is Manchester. These stores have a dedicated Gold Label section now so there’s no need to root about x
Ah amazing!! I knew that they did sell high end and I’ve heard many a story about celine etc being found but I’ve never been lucky yet. I’ll deffo sign up and keep an eye! 🖤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I am, I keep looking at it 😂 I did put it down to watch Mare of Eastown though😮😮😮

Hope you’re feeling better @MrsLucas xx
Aww thank you just seen this. I’m getting there now still not 100% but defiantly better than I was thank goodness.

I’ve found so many good buys in TK’S. when my eldest was a baby they had baby Dior, baby Chloe I bought sooo much. They just didn’t come with the boxes but at the time I was 18 and couldn’t really afford to buy baby Dior or baby Chloe then. I’ve bought lots of sunglasses Valentino, Stella, Moschino, Marc jacobs. I never knew they did hand bags here though I thought it was just in the states. My daughter bought a Ralph Lauren cap the other day it’s £35 on asos £19.99 she paid in tks. Some days you can fall up on some gems.

Can any of you lovelies recommend a good eye cream? I’ve been using Kiel’s for around a year now but fancy a change.

Last edited:
  • Heart
What dis? Tell us more👀

When I first read this I thought you said the shop in Manchester Royal Exchange (whose name escapes me).
They do have a shop in the royal exchange Manchester but the website is called Designerexchange. They sell preloved designer things but Ive never bought anything from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
They do have a shop in the royal exchange Manchester but the website is called Designerexchange. They sell preloved designer things but Ive never bought anything from there.
Ah yes, I’ve been in and had a nosey in the the past, they do have some nice items.

Ah yes, I’ve been in and had a nosey in the the past, they do have some nice items.
They have loads of stuff on the website but dont seem to be much cheaper then buying brand new. There is a a Gucci purse £220 it is only £260 from the Gucci website!

That’s what mainly puts me off preloved, because often the prices are so similar, I’d rather just buy it brand new. I’d have to be getting a killer deal for me to buy it second hand 😂

ive actual tried selling to them before and they give you ridiculously low prices lol how are you offering me 100£ for a brand new lv bag lol avoid selling to them and try luxecollective

Girls just an update on my YSL toy lou lou selfridges bag drama, they emailed me on friday saying how they refuse a refund because it has scratches and isnt in 'saleable' condition, and i replied basically saying exactly how are you sending me a bag thats faulty and in that condition thats how it came to me and very upset blah blah and then they havent replied to the email at all. then i rang yesterday asking for an update and the customer service said i will recieve a call by the end of the day by the claims representative or something to discuss recieved no call i rang again today and they said the same thing. honestly im just so upset i have been a customer there for 5 years online and much longer in store and they have the audacity to treat me like this what can i do girls

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
ive actual tried selling to them before and they give you ridiculously low prices lol how are you offering me 100£ for a brand new lv bag lol avoid selling to them and try luxecollective

Girls just an update on my YSL toy lou lou selfridges bag drama, they emailed me on friday saying how they refuse a refund because it has scratches and isnt in 'saleable' condition, and i replied basically saying exactly how are you sending me a bag thats faulty and in that condition thats how it came to me and very upset blah blah and then they havent replied to the email at all. then i rang yesterday asking for an update and the customer service said i will recieve a call by the end of the day by the claims representative or something to discuss recieved no call i rang again today and they said the same thing. honestly im just so upset i have been a customer there for 5 years online and much longer in store and they have the audacity to treat me like this what can i do girls
Have you spoken to Trading Standards? Is it worth going in store to see if you can see that same sales assistant? I think TS will help you. I don’t see how they can send you faulty goods and get away with it?! Does it still have the tag on it, you know the one that says ‘ if you remove me, you can’t return me?’
I would document absolutely everything in writing to them, a timeline from the date you ordered/received the bag, your order no, etc. Include dates you visited the store, who you’ve spoken to. definitely include dates and times when they have not returned your call when they said they would - that’s really not good practice. Say you expect a refund and copy Trading Standards in (speak to them first).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I want to go to Tiffany's in Manchester on Saturday. Do you think the wait times will be bad?
We went to LV 3 weeks ago in Manchester, 7 hour wait for an appointment, returned at given time, was shown to a counter and left for half an hour. The service in Manchester LV has always been appalling, Leeds are 100% on point.

I haven’t been to Selfridges since they reopened, all I would say is try and get there when they open. Or call ahead? @MrsLucas might have an idea how busy it is x
It's absolutely shocking in there. Service is terrible. Bought my neverfull there 3 weeks ago. Better customer service in Primani

• Wow
Have you spoken to Trading Standards? Is it worth going in store to see if you can see that same sales assistant? I think TS will help you. I don’t see how they can send you faulty goods and get away with it?! Does it still have the tag on it, you know the one that says ‘ if you remove me, you can’t return me? ‘
hey girl, nope havent spoken to them yet but if i recieve no response by the end of the week i will its so annoying bc i have to take time out of my working day to keep an eye on my phone if they call - it didnt come with the if you remove me, you cant return me tag just the small barcode tag with name and price usually the one you see in store inside the bag, but even if a tag was removed isnt it still classed as a faulty item?

i actually cant go in store with the bag becuase i returned it online and they aren't replying to my emails nothing

• Sad
We went to LV 3 weeks ago in Manchester, 7 hour wait for an appointment, returned at given time, was shown to a counter and left for half an hour. The service in Manchester LV has always been appalling, Leeds are 100% on point.

It's absolutely shocking in there. Service is terrible. Bought my neverfull there 3 weeks ago. Better customer service in Primani
I have been to LV when it was busy and was almost about to leave when they served me. I don’t usually have any issues in the Manchester store but still not visited post lockdown this year 😬

I just had my first experience last Saturday with the LV on New Bond St and it was a breath of fresh air compared to the awfulness at LV in selfridges Manchester!

im quite surprised i went LV manchester as soon as it opened on a wednesday and there was already a 3 hr queue i was so confused but maybe try your luck

I just had my first experience last Saturday with the LV on New Bond St and it was a breath of fresh air compared to the awfulness at LV in selfridges Manchester!
sorry you had to go through that

im quite surprised i went LV manchester as soon as it opened on a wednesday and there was already a 3 hr queue i was so confused but maybe try your luck

sorry you had to go through that
It’s just a shame they can’t all be as lovely as some of the other stores! It’s not like we are buying a 50p chocolate bar 😂😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.