Designer Items, best and worst purchases #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering if anyone has any Coach bags? Are they great quality? I have just purchased my first, the new pillow tabby shoulder bag. Saw some reviews saying it creases easily and now I'm apprehensive about wearing out a lot.
Any thoughts or recommendations for keeping leather bags in good condition?

Has anyone got this bag in particular? How do you find it?

I have a Central Tote 39 in black. I don’t use it very often so can’t really comment on wear, but it’s roomy, comfy and beautiful. It’s good quality for its price and goes well with a lot of different clothes

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have a Central Tote 39 in black. I don’t use it very often so can’t really comment on wear, but it’s roomy, comfy and beautiful. It’s good quality for its price and goes well with a lot of different clothes
That's one thing about Coach- the prices! Very reasonable compared to other brands. I do like that bag also. I'm glad you mentioned it being good quality as I was worried about that. Thanks for your response 😊

Reactions: 4
That's one thing about Coach- the prices! Very reasonable compared to other brands. I do like that bag also. I'm glad you mentioned it being good quality as I was worried about that. Thanks for your response 😊
Yes, I’d say the quality is good. If it’s not your only bag, you should be fine — it might last for a really long time :)

Reactions: 3
Ladies, any ideas for a stylish but practical but not totally breaking the bank bag I could use as an ‘extra’ bag on work days? With a return to the office on a few days a week basis, and no longer having a fixed desk, I’m going to have to start carting my laptop and other paraphernalia back and forth regularly 😒
I do like to use my good bags for work, and swap to match my outfit, so don’t have/want just one work bag, but I don’t want to start stuffing my laptop/water bottle/flat shoes etc etc into them. Most of them are top handle so I wear just in my hand/crook of my elbow, so am thinking some kind of swish tote that can go on my shoulder? Maybe a Le Pliage in all black? What do you all do?
Should note that I am deeply opposed to rucksacks!

Yes, I’d say the quality is good. If it’s not your only bag, you should be fine — it might last for a really long time :)
Yes, I have a few bags (from other brands). I agree now, with the Coach bag leather being so soft and delicate, it's best not to wear it daily, but instead wear my other bags too.

Reactions: 1
Ladies, any ideas for a stylish but practical but not totally breaking the bank bag I could use as an ‘extra’ bag on work days? With a return to the office on a few days a week basis, and no longer having a fixed desk, I’m going to have to start carting my laptop and other paraphernalia back and forth regularly 😒
I do like to use my good bags for work, and swap to match my outfit, so don’t have/want just one work bag, but I don’t want to start stuffing my laptop/water bottle/flat shoes etc etc into them. Most of them are top handle so I wear just in my hand/crook of my elbow, so am thinking some kind of swish tote that can go on my shoulder? Maybe a Le Pliage in all black? What do you all do?
Telfar medium would be big enough to meet that criteria.neverfull too but they do break the bank.

Would you use a laptop bag and then use your normal bags that youd usually use?

Telfar medium would be big enough to meet that criteria.neverfull too but they do break the bank.

Would you use a laptop bag and then use your normal bags that youd usually use?
Oh the Telfar is cute, that wasn’t on my radar! Love the Neverfull but more than I want to spend on what will basically be a glorified canvas shopper!

I did think about just getting a swish laptop bag, but I think I want more space than they tend to give for all the extra bits and pieces (I’m an overpacked, even day to day!)

have you looked at the YSL shopping bag tote? :) it’s quite modern and stylish, but understated!

Oh the Telfar is cute, that wasn’t on my radar! Love the Neverfull but more than I want to spend on what will basically be a glorified canvas shopper!

I did think about just getting a swish laptop bag, but I think I want more space than they tend to give for all the extra bits and pieces (I’m an overpacked, even day to day!)
Max Mara?
Saint Laurent have a tote, might be a bit more than what you want to spend but it’s all leather.

My sis has a fab Anya Hindmarch bag that holds her lap top plus has cute little sections labelled for all your bits and pieces. I think it’s this one:

Thank you so much for replying. That's a shame, that is something that would really annoy me, as I like to keep my stuff looking as neat as possible. I bought it to use as a daily bag, but if it scratches easily, maybe I will wear it out only occasionally.
Do you use any leather protection?
I haven't used leather protection. Do they make a big difference? I have other Coach bags but they are saffiano leather so don't scratch easily. Overall my Coach bags are in great condition though.

I haven't used leather protection. Do they make a big difference? I have other Coach bags but they are saffiano leather so don't scratch easily. Overall my Coach bags are in great condition though.
No I haven't either, I was just curious because I have seen some leather bag moisturisers, dirt protectors and cleaners online. Wasn't sure if it was really necessary to get all of those things.

I am having the same problem! Coach have 2 that I really like - the Lora and the Willow. I have never bought from Coach before but they seem to last well and the branding is subtle which is great for the office/client meetings. I would quite like to see them both IRL so in the meantime am just using a classic black Le Pliage!

Tory Burch also have a laptop sized bag, think it’s called the Perry tote.

D20CFBBC-54A3-4A0E-B437-FFBDD8916728.png

59455149-7784-45B1-B9AB-3A6D3371BAB0.png

I have been after the louis vuitton pochette accessoires for a while but its never available online. Plus they increased the price by over £100 this year...

I want to go to Tiffany's in Manchester on Saturday. Do you think the wait times will be bad?

I have been after the louis vuitton pochette accessoires for a while but its never available online. Plus they increased the price by over £100 this year...
I managed to get it just before the price increase 🤞🏼 But even at the current price I’d repurchase it, it’s such a cute little bag and goes with everything

I had to stalk the website for months though ☹

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.