Derry Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe it's because I've always found Clare a bit annoying as a character but I thought Nicola Coughlan was the weakest of the bunch in that first episode, I know Clare is shrill but she was completely over the top. The actresses that play Michelle and Orla are the ones with the most natural comic timing. Uncle Colm was the MVP for me last night

Reactions: 15
I thought all the mains were weak last night. I rewatched it today and it seemed very disjointed and like they patched a load of footage together, do you know what I mean?

“I’m a boy”
“ok love” - killed me off

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I didn’t enjoy it. I had it on while I cleaned the living room and it just seemed to be a strange choice for ep1 and it ended all of a sudden.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Everytime Claire spoke all I could imagine was the amount of spray that must come out her mouth when she speaks, or maybe I'm just weird 😂 She really was overacting the part in that episode. Liam Neeson, was great!! Orla is the best character, she's always made me laugh. I found the adults more amusing than Erin and co this episode.

Reactions: 15
I bloody loved the new episode, Derry Girls is one of the funniest comedies of the century

Reactions: 6
Uncle Colm was the best character in the first episode. Maybe because he reminds of so many people I know!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Loved it,and Seamus the cat just slayed me, especially when he was made to wear a collar at the end,

Reactions: 11
I just love it, I’m glad this is the last series.. to many amazing series are ruined by being dragged on and on

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Irish people- did anyone see the actress who plays michelle on the late late on Friday? 😅

Reactions: 2
Irish people- did anyone see the actress who plays michelle on the late late on Friday? 😅
Yes I did, she totally overreacted to Ryan's question about her age and calling him misogynistic.
Get over yourself love and remember where you come from. Five years she was a nobody.

Reactions: 5
Yes I did, she totally overreacted to Ryan's question about her age and calling him misogynistic.
Get over yourself love and remember where you come from. Five years she was a nobody.
Completely agree.

I think she thought she was about to make some big statement by saying that he wouldn't have asked a male co star the same thing but it just came across as pathetic. It was so irrelevant and not what Ryan was trying to do at all.

Reactions: 3
My SIL (In Ireland) was telling me about it and I saw it online afterwards. She was completely OTT. She's playing a part of a teenager, but it's common knowledge that they're all much older than the characters they play (she's 30 as far as I know) so I could understand why the presenter asked her what age she was.

I thought all the mains were weak last night. I rewatched it today and it seemed very disjointed and like they patched a load of footage together, do you know what I mean?

“I’m a boy”
“ok love” - killed me off
It feels like they wanted to throw in Liam Neeson and the script was written around getting them to meet him

About halfway through the episode and it just doesn’t feel like Derry Girls in a way. Very overacted too

Anyone else now having flashbacks to their own high school Stars in Their Eyes show? Am now recalling a class rendition of Pray by Take That and a girl who actually dressed up as Matthew Kelly to host 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Anyone else now having flashbacks to their own high school Stars in Their Eyes show? Am now recalling a class rendition of Pray by Take That and a girl who actually dressed up as Matthew Kelly to host 😂
Same! And about 25 different entrants for the Spice Girls .... the leopard print, hairspray, doing high kicks and peace signs still haunt me now😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Loved last nights episode

Michelle sees the plumber:

'duck me sideways'
'Language Michelle!'
'duck me come on Mary, that's ridiculous'
'Even so'

🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Nah...very underwhelming. Thought Nicola Coghlan was really OTT. Could barely understand what she was saying. Liam was a nice surprise though!
I think Nicola has an inflated ego since Bridgerton, she’s not as funny in this season of Derry Girls.
I’m still enjoying it so far but it’s got a slight air of self awareness where they know it’s a hit so they tend to overact/live up to previous series.

Reactions: 22