Depher - James Anderson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah because other small companies are qoing to wait for depher to top up their invoices. If deemed acceptable.
Good luck with that. Seems more likely that all dephers bills will go up by that amount to cream more money out of the pot.

Reactions: 12
Here's the rest of it. Probably should have shared all this information so people knew what they were donating for.

1704713151448.png

ETA: Why do you have to prove state pension? Why not just prove age? Is it over 65s or pensioners? That's not the same thing as pension ages are changing.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
These are quite modest discounts to have share your bank statements.

View attachment 2675449
the plumbing company must directly invoice CPH if accepted? so is he saying if you're a person who meets the requirements for help you can go and source your own plumber and he'll pay them for you?
and what is TSA, please?

I wonder why he's giving to people on DLA (non means-tested) but not to people on means tested JSA or similar.

and re: pay for parts only - if i order the parts online he's going to send someone round FOR FREE, is he?

and proof of disability is a very different thing from disclosing health conditions and illnesses. where are his T's & C's? where can i see what he needs me to disclose what my health condition is?
why isn't an entitlement letter showing what benefit i receive enough?

everything he does just brings up red flag after red flag.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Here's the rest of it. Probably should have shared all this information so people knew what they were donating for.

View attachment 2675479

ETA: Why do you have to prove state pension? Why not just prove age? Is it over 65s or pensioners? That's not the same thing as pension ages are changing.
Also 65 isn’t even that old really given life expectancy in the UK now. And what if the parts are really expensive?!

Reactions: 11
So is it free labour for anyone over 65? My parents for example are minted and aged 78, they can get free labour paid for by the public (and Hugh Grant)?

Reactions: 18
If you’re holding special category data about someone, which a lot of this is, you better be ICO registered and have a Data Protection Officer. Unlimited fines for data breaches are no joke! Nor is potentially being reckless with other people’s personal information.

Reactions: 26
So you're giving access to your house and your personal financial/health data in exchange for the least quantifiable or verifiable aspect of the bill? It just sounds dodgy as duck, even if you only had that leaflet to go on.

Reactions: 15
I was very much under the impression everything he via Depher was free to the individual. Those are very small discounts.

What about food shops or bill payments (I'm sure I've seen both of them boasted about on his twitter page)

Reactions: 11
There are comments above this which demonstrate the posters' experience and knowledge of the pertinent issues here. Imo this CIC (now years into this venture) should have sought professional guidance / consultancy on means testing, data protection etc rather than telling Dom that he was the new social media guy and letting him rip into it after a Google search.
This relaunch is extremely problematic.

Reactions: 14
There are comments above this which demonstrate the posters' experience and knowledge of the pertinent issues here. Imo this CIC (now years into this venture) should have sought professional guidance / consultancy on means testing, data protection etc rather than telling Dom that he was the new social media guy and letting him rip into it after a Google search.
This relaunch is extremely problematic.
He’s been offered and given various guidance for years now. He knows where to get it. He knows things are needed. (Or his memory is none existent)
It’s a choice, I think
---
These are quite modest discounts to have share your bank statements.

View attachment 2675449
Just to point out here you could have a household income of £98k and claim child benefit. Bank statements are useless too. The fortune could be in another account. A new account could’ve been set up.
oh and he can’t collect this data without ICO and safeguarding stuff in place. Well, he can but he’s breaking all kinds of laws.

Reactions: 20
the plumbing company must directly invoice CPH if accepted? so is he saying if you're a person who meets the requirements for help you can go and source your own plumber and he'll pay them for you?
and what is TSA, please?

I wonder why he's giving to people on DLA (non means-tested) but not to people on means tested JSA or similar.

and re: pay for parts only - if i order the parts online he's going to send someone round FOR FREE, is he?

and proof of disability is a very different thing from disclosing health conditions and illnesses. where are his T's & C's? where can i see what he needs me to disclose what my health condition is?
why isn't an entitlement letter showing what benefit i receive enough?

everything he does just brings up red flag after red flag.
Also child benefit - the cut off point for that is £49,999, not accounting for any maintenance. I just think this is a backtrack because he's been subsidising himself tbh
---
So is it free labour for anyone over 65? My parents for example are minted and aged 78, they can get free labour paid for by the public (and Hugh Grant)?
I'd love Hugh Grant to come and sort my pipes out
---
They almost certainly should be holding some of this data for six years:

View attachment 2675724
"As always" = We'll write a policy as soon as we google it
Fuckin hell James Dominic
---
Also child benefit - the cut off point for that is £49,999, not accounting for any maintenance. I just think this is a backtrack because he's been subsidising himself tbh
---

---

A bit off topic but please can someone explain to me why all my replies to different people end up as one post?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
---

---

---

A bit off topic but please can someone explain to me why all my replies to different people end up as one post?
The platform merges them into one post to stop people posting multiple times on one thread. First it merges and then if you’ve left too long, it tells you that you have to wait x amount of time until you can post again.

Yours, someone who starts typing before they’ve finished thinking.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The platform merges them into one post to stop people posting multiple times on one thread. First it merges and then if you’ve left too long, it tells you that you have to wait x amount of time until you can post again.

Yours, someone who starts typing before they’ve finished thinking.
Thanks for explaining that, the added insult made me cry so well done

• Sad
Reactions: 1
They almost certainly should be holding some of this data for six years:
This screams of an answer of someone who thinks they're avoiding a GDPR-type trap, but yeah this is rubbish.

So once they've paid the invoice they delete all the information? So why is he reposting old photographs and invoices? What if there are issues with the works - construction companies generally have a 12 year liability period and it would not be unreasonable to expect records about the works undertaken to be retained for that length of time.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.