Depher - James Anderson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place for it, I was going between a few different locations to put this.

Is anyone else getting weird vibes from this guy?

At first I completely believed it, that he was supporting all of these people through a crisis and at their lowest point. However there’s been so many moments now I’ve been questioning if this is actually real.
The first thing, is every post asking for help is in the same format, always like a Facebook message with poor grammar and always something along the lines of ‘I know you can’t help everyone but I have no food and was told to contact you’. If you read his Twitter you’ll notice the similarities in every post.
Today he posts a Primark receipt about a struggling family who didn’t have coats, shoes or socks. That’s brilliant, except he posted the receipt and conveniently missed the date and time of the receipt off the photo.
I once offered to buy football boots for a young boy he posted about, after his Dad had to sell them to pay for food/gas/electric but he never contacted me or told me how to help.

I have no doubt he does help people, but not to the extent he’s claiming. Anyone else noticed he doesn’t seem to be all he claims and a lot of the asking for help feels fabricated to make him sound like a saint?!

Reactions: 25
I hate the way he always posts pictures of kids and elderly vulnerable for likes and shares.
He also chipped in £450 for a spurious go fund me to Sarah Jay Godwin when she was begging to pay for a flight for her sons girlfriend as she did not get permission to enter the county and was turned around at the airport.
He is both manipulative, a bit stupid, AND a low level grifter that is definitely living off other peoples kindness and misplaced generosity. And racist apparently.

Reactions: 15
Noticed this morning he has scored a big donation a publicity from Hugh Grant.

The accounts will be interesting to read, me thinks.

Reactions: 2
Ooh I didn't know he had his own thread - I just posted the Hugh Grant bit on both Sarahvag and Fatty Harris' threads.
I don't know much about him but he seems terribly unregulated like a lot of these SM dogooders - Monroe and Harris spring to mind.
I just don't trust them.

Reactions: 7
He had to be a wrongun- also, a quick scroll shows he is still showing vulnerable people pictured on his SM (I had blocked ages ago).

I did snort at him sharing a post about visiting the same person over 50 times in 2 years to provide “repairs”. So he’s a tit plumber too then! 😜

And another post mentioning being happy to visit an elderly vulnerable (gentle)man - IF Baxi would donate a boiler for free. He makes Jack look like the homeless lads that sit outside Asda and must be coining thousands a week.

Reactions: 10
Appalling spelling, grammar and almost entirely lacking in punctuation- dat you sarahVaJayJay?

in all seriousness- it’s entirely possible I suppose that they are from different people. But I absolutely don’t believe it and if demonstrates yet again the need for charity to be as completely transparent as possible. Not to expose recipients (he does plenty of that unbidden) but an independent auditor or accounting firm that can sign off on the legitimacy of his antics.

Reactions: 4
Been on my radar for a while - too many things are tickling my spidy senses, and I'm old enough to trust them.

There's a few others on the hellsite that are watching him closely, and pulling up discrepancies in his stories.

This isn't going to end well for James or Hugh...

Reactions: 6
Ohh I've been wanting a thread on this too.

I think he started off genuine but he's not capable of handling social media and he's seen the $$$ now, and is just a grifter.

He posts old pictures as if they've just happened all the time to add to how exploitative it is that he posts at all - I've seen the one of "Is it ok I have a husband" about 1000 times now. He posts receipts claiming he's given away a boiler for free compared to the quote he has that he paid - only the quote was for a different boiler (https://tattle.life/threads/carly-burd-and-her-salty-allotment.38600/post-16669424 ) and it all seems so dodgy. There's all the posturing about him not taking a wage but apparently he pays his wife very well to do the bare minimum in the office (not sure if anyone can 100% confirm this). Never a VAT number on any invoice either.

Not to mention all the initiatives he's started up to close them a week later with a PUBLIC NOTICE sadface post saying they can't afford it and the constant "We can't pay for anyones gas or electric again no money 😢" to try to emotionally manipulate people into giving.

He gets into constant spats with people in the replies and at one point pretended they'd got a social media manager but it was 100% him the whole time, you could tell clearly.

Reactions: 12
This was the store receipt. Conveniently posted without a date or time on it. I also can’t see anything on the receipt that would indicate shoes were purchased?

IMG_0155.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
This was the store receipt. Conveniently posted without a date or time on it. I also can’t see anything on the receipt that would indicate shoes were purchased?

View attachment 2618301
The Pokémon Hi presumably are the Pokémon high top trainers but that’s one pair between two kids, unless something else is shoes. The denim borg jacket will also be warm but not very waterproof and I’d assume as Burnley isn’t particularly far from me they’re having similar weather ie very wet so a waterproof jacket would have been a priority for me.

Reactions: 2
Another odd one from James tonight…

Surely being a trustee he’d already know about all of this and not posting making out it’s a completely separate entity asking for support?!

IMG_9355.jpeg

IMG_9353.jpeg

IMG_9354.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Christ. That has SCAM written all over it. Bring back The Cook Report pls.

Reactions: 13
He’s such a dodgy bastard. And there’s no need, nobody would even blink if he’d said “I’m the trustee of X and they need some help with their Christmas appeal so on behalf of Depher I’m donating £200 for toys”.

I used to work in Burnley and they have a coordinated toy appeal that all charity’s and groups can tap into for gifts as they get so many. https://burnleytogether.org.uk/christmas-appeal-2023/
If that’s the case then surely local hero James should know all about it? And even if he wasn’t involved in the charity, the ‘secretary’ would know all about the coordinated appeal? I knew one day that James clearly sending messages to himself for pats on the back would bite him.

The amount of times he has been used for content (see YouTube) for showing his good deeds as part of cost of living documentaries or fundraising is excessive…he must be seeking out these media opportunities.

In one video (I can’t find the exact one, it was part of a larger documentary)…he visits an elderly lady, presses a button on her boulder and declares it fixed, then sits with her and offers to bring her a food parcel. It looked totally staged, he clearly knew her very well. I don’t doubt there have been good deeds done, but I think it’s for a select few people who are willing to help him publicise it.

I’m also not a fan of these types of do-gooder’s generally. There’s no way to know if he is actually profiting from donations, plus for example the elderly lady in the film I mention wasn’t living in squalor, there’s no proper means-testing…it’s just him distributing freebies and other people’s donations. How many people might say they are a poor old pensioner in hope of a freebie and it turns out they have £100k in the bank? How would he even know, everyone he’s doing repairs for us surely an owner-occupier, he would need landlord consent otherwise and why would he do it free for a profit-making landlord? An elderly person who owns their own home and can’t pay for a boiler repair would have the option of using something like equity release or downsizing to reduce their costs.

Reactions: 11
I think he's becoming a target for trolls now. I hope he is genuine but sadly doubts creeping in.

I read something with screenshots about his racist comments. Uncomfortable reading.I seem to recall the people he helps are predominantly white.

Reactions: 3
Spiderman senses utterly tingling after today. Properly hope he's genuine but there's been a few things recently that are really making me question it.
This mail online story - he posted about it earlier. Now that's deleted, followed up with a bunch of success stories and reposted...

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.