Carly Burd and her salty allotment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At least the marrows courgettes will come ready salted I suppose. With an added flavour of exhaust fumes.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Once again, why is she getting all this end-of-shelf-life unsellable bread and so on, and not the established food bank charities (or is it that the food bank charities don't want it, because they know it's difficult to deal with end-of-shelf-life bread, so the wholesaler is dumping it on her instead rather than pay to dispose of it).

And aren't the neighbours getting pissed off with the commercial vehicles coming and dropping this stuff off at her house, or the empty bread trays cluttering up the place until they're collected again, and so many people coming to her house to pick stuff up? Aren't the council bin men getting pissed off with extra rubbish at her house?

Has she got her driving licence yet? My partner got a new passport the other day, to be fair it was a renewal, but it look a little over a week, not months.
All supermarkets give unsold yellow sticker stuff away. It might be taken by an individual like Carly, an Olio volunteer, a community group. They get fined for binning it.
It’s good to avoid food waste and help people who might need some food, but to dress it up like it’s a lovely treat and we can all have warm fuzzies that it wasn’t binned is a bit over the top.
P.S. The bread wrapper is still going to landfill even if the bread (the part which breaks down to a compost) isn’t.

Reminds me of a smol head wanting head pats for saving all her cash for herself but feeding sb slimy salad sandwiches

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
She's got quarter of a million pounds in the bank, can she not buy people food that isn't minutes away from going past its best or even inedible?

Reactions: 17
She's got quarter of a million pounds in the bank, can she not buy people food that isn't minutes away from going past its best or even inedible?
Exactly.

Jeepers, and allow people their dignity.
She honestly makes it sound and look like she has a skip of near enough gone-off food, sitting in her driveway and that she (and of course, Wayne) sit by the window patting themselves on the back. I certainly hope I am all wrong on that.

I did say previously though that I wouldn't be surprised if she is totally indiscreet about helping people. 😕

Reactions: 14
I just don’t understand why she can’t take a fresh picture each day she does it and post that if she has to do an overblown post exaggerating how lives will be saved by her slightly stale rolls and overripe marrows.

I think she is doing basically exactly what she claims in those posts, getting a load of past its best stuff and leaving it out on the driveway for people to take but reusing the same pics makes it look like she’s done it once and is pretending to give out the same milk forever. It just seems like step 1 in the social media handbook would be to post a pic of that day each day or have a “no pic today, so busy with my marrow!”.

Reactions: 9
What a waste of all those donations. She's too incompetent to understand how she is failing to put them to good use.

Reactions: 12
What a shambles. With 250k sitting there I'd either purchase land from the council and create a new allotment site so people have a space to grow their own food or shop for them at Waitrose and hand out nice food.

Reactions: 15
You just know she's one of those busiest people, always so much to do, but never accomplishes anything and leaves the running around to everyone else

Reactions: 14
Oh yes. And she’s definitely the long-suffering self-sacrificing martyr type as well. 🙄

Reactions: 13
You'd think so.
She could even get receipts for waste food procurement, that would help with her tax and any P11D

Does she claim internet for business use?

Reactions: 5
Harsh imo alert...
Foodbank near me gets a weekly dump of end-date stuff from I think Costco. It's often almost worthless - semi-stale croissants are bearable but several pounds of chilliflake salmon or split tomatoes are not really what you're after for the kids' tea.
These places don't do it to be charitable, they are getting it into individuals' domestic bins instead of having to pay for commercial waste disposal.
Something like a soup kitchen or community centre can potentially get it cooked etc and used on the night, so no waste plus people fed .. but randomly handing it out to individuals rarely achieves either aim

Reactions: 27
Carly’s soul twin, James from Depher is doing a Carly again

That’s what they charge for the boiler on the left except the boiler on the left quote is a GlowWorm ultimate and the one on the right invoice is a Baxi compact… ie not the same??

I know this isn’t a depher thread but wondering what you guys think and if it’s worth starting a thread about them?

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Both Baxi and glow worm have 24kw (normal) boilers that retail at around the same price - that's the bill for parts on the right. The "bill" on the left includes labour as well, and is again totally normal (I saw another random company advertising the job at 1800 with no searching about)

I'm not sure what James is trying to say by posting these?

Reactions: 3
Both Baxi and glow worm have 24kw (normal) boilers that retail at around the same price - that's the bill for parts on the right. The "bill" on the left includes labour as well, and is again totally normal (I saw another random company advertising the job at 1800 with no searching about)

I'm not sure what James is trying to say by posting these?
Yeah I’m not disputing that the boilers may well be similar but he’s saying the Glowworm one is the receipt he got buying it then the baxi one is what he would charge installing the boiler and the price he’d charge then discounted to zero. Except the install isn’t for the boiler he’s claiming it is.

The prices do seem perfectly normal but the way he’s claiming they’re for the same boiler when they’re clearly for two different boilers is making him look dodgy.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.