Depher - James Anderson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Standard innit.

Well-meaning thicko gets attention, gets more cash, gets messiah complex, cannot handle any questioning, doubles down.
That sums him up in a nutshell.
The money and the twitter fame has gone to his thick head.
As said by @FlashBoof giving that bleeping bleep Sarahvayjay at least £450 shows a serious lack of judgement

Reactions: 13
I feel the same as you guys - something not quite right but can’t put my finger on it! This is top story… I think they’re onto him!
IMG_0323.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I feel the same as you guys - something not quite right but can’t put my finger on it! This is top story… I think they’re onto him!
View attachment 2645244
If they look into this they’ll find many similar examples plus all the times he’s reused the same photo story each time acting as if it’s just happened.

I think he does do some good stuff but as I said before, I also think he’s seen £££ now and is grifting alongside the good. It’s not always as black and white as genuine person doing good vs complete grifter after all, there can be elements of both.

Reactions: 19
I don’t think he’s grifting for the reason of money. I think he wants total adoration and praise for every single thing he does - and the more he posts the more he gets it. Except now people are seeing the inconsistencies in his posts and he’s losing track of which photo he’s put where.

Reactions: 17
He could have just been re-using some and using stories with unrelated images to push for donations. And if that's going to those in real need then excellent.
But how are those in need identified? It seems people can request for themselves - I wonder how many who don't need it are taking advantage.

Anyway, I still think there's some racist tendencies. Saw a post about him and golliwogs.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I don’t think he’s grifting for the reason of money. I think he wants total adoration and praise for every single thing he does - and the more he posts the more he gets it. Except now people are seeing the inconsistencies in his posts and he’s losing track of which photo he’s put where.
I think he seems a bit thick too. And as you say giddy with the praise and people like Hugh Grant donating money.
Those 'candid' photos of him helping the homeless man were so obvious and the caption was 100% written by him.

Reactions: 15
It’s very unclear why it’s so difficult when he’s doing a good deed that he wants to publicise to actually take a photo of the actual fire/boiler and not use a paying customer’s photo. It’s not like the householder needs to be in the photo and identified. If the householder doesn’t want their home photographed he could just use his company logo for the photo.

There’s no logic or excuse for reusing photos and attaching the wrong picture…he’s one guy…it’s not difficult for him to match the photo to the deed from his phone.

Now that the media are potentially onto him…wonder if he will have the sense to start being more careful to get caught grifting…or is he arrogant enough to carry on thinking his ‘good image’ will overrule any bad press?

Reactions: 11
I’m not sure what to make of this one. It’s quite clearly payment on the 27th. So either it is true and the people are super desperate, or James has got himself muddled up when creating a fake message again. Again, it just feels like major shock value, add in a pregnancy loss, a child with cancer, domestic violence and a suicide attempt and it’s the ultimate saviour post to white knight yourself. Also, if she’s disabled wouldn’t she be getting disability or PIP rather than universal credit?
I know there are many circumstances where parents can’t help out, but you’d like to hope the person who sent this message on behalf of her would give her food to help.

He’s just made me question every post he makes as they’re so outlandish.

IMG_9395.jpeg

IMG_9394.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 9
So many things don't add up with this bloke, never takes a salary apparently 🙄 The thing that bothers me the most is this thing always in his ear! He's one of those "I'm so important and need to be reachable at all times" I wonder if he sleeps with it in 😂

Screenshot_20231222_213059_X.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
It may seem a minor point, but why is Domestic Violence in sentence case? Seems like a phrase put in after to pad out the message.

Cut out all the sob story to the relevant parts, which is what any sensible person should do in assessing whether to donate to someone like this.

1 - as per above, any UC due on 27th is being paid on the date it is supposed to. So what is the actual problem?
2 - if money isn’t arriving when it is supposed to, why not? Maybe she has been sanctioned by the benefits office? There is no explanation given as to why there is a problem with payments.
3 - if this is just an emergency plea for help because money is arriving late…then there should be an offer to repay it once the late payment arrives.
4 - …and for me the killer point…why is there mention of he not having Christmas presents? That’s not essential and it says her child is 1 year old. It’s 22nd Dec, was she planning on a spending spree for Christmas today and now can’t do it? Anyone asking for money because they can’t afford to eat shouldn’t be mentioning non-essentials such Christmas presents.
5 - why is the parent not transferring £20 to see her through for her groceries, why can’t she use the food bank? She won’t ask for ‘help’ but is happy to live off UC?

If James hasn’t written this himself…he’s an idiot for sharing it because it’s clearly a grift of some kind. The daughter staying anonymous is a convenient way to ensure no-one is able to check any details.

The more I see of James…he’s either a grifter or being targeted by other grifters. There’s no way he’s checking on honesty of people he’s ‘helping’.

• Heart
It may seem a minor point, but why is Domestic Violence in sentence case? Seems like a phrase put in after to pad out the message.

Cut out all the sob story to the relevant parts, which is what any sensible person should do in assessing whether to donate to someone like this.

1 - as per above, any UC due on 27th is being paid on the date it is supposed to. So what is the actual problem?
2 - if money isn’t arriving when it is supposed to, why not? Maybe she has been sanctioned by the benefits office? There is no explanation given as to why there is a problem with payments.
3 - if this is just an emergency plea for help because money is arriving late…then there should be an offer to repay it once the late payment arrives.
4 - …and for me the killer point…why is there mention of he not having Christmas presents? That’s not essential and it says her child is 1 year old. It’s 22nd Dec, was she planning on a spending spree for Christmas today and now can’t do it? Anyone asking for money because they can’t afford to eat shouldn’t be mentioning non-essentials such Christmas presents.
5 - why is the parent not transferring £20 to see her through for her groceries, why can’t she use the food bank? She won’t ask for ‘help’ but is happy to live off UC?

If James hasn’t written this himself…he’s an idiot for sharing it because it’s clearly a grift of some kind. The daughter staying anonymous is a convenient way to ensure no-one is able to check any details.

The more I see of James…he’s either a grifter or being targeted by other grifters. There’s no way he’s checking on honesty of people he’s ‘helping’.
Thank you for saying exactly what I was trying to say but much more eloquently!

There is a few posts drifting around on Twitter of people who’s real life friends/acquaintances have tried to get help from Depher but were denied because they didn’t pass their checks. So if he has received this message today, I can’t see all the checks being carried out to ensure this person is legit in time for Christmas.

Reactions: 18
I used to work in Burnley and they have a coordinated toy appeal that all charity’s and groups can tap into for gifts as they get so many. https://burnleytogether.org.uk/christmas-appeal-2023/
Yep, he does this often not a fan of working with orgs already doing these things and claims himself the only person.

Im also aware of an “awards evening” they were doing and were ringing round local charities to say they’d nominated them/ won in such an award. Then asking the charities to pay a chunk of money for “tickets to the awards ball”. When the charity say they can’t/wont they get a bit pushy and then ghost, no award won.
---
I’m glad there’s a thread now. As someone not too far away my spidey senses have twinged for many years now. Something is just off.
He doesn’t work with other orgs/charities, posts photos of vulnerable people, (he’s not ICO registered btw), very often says he’s shutting shop/is being targeted by trolls etc. Doesn’t apply for grants stating they won’t give him anything as if it’s some conspiracy (wouldn’t take help in writing grant bids).
Theres quite a few things that don’t add up.

Reactions: 19
Yep, he does this often not a fan of working with orgs already doing these things and claims himself the only person.

Im also aware of an “awards evening” they were doing and were ringing round local charities to say they’d nominated them/ won in such an award. Then asking the charities to pay a chunk of money for “tickets to the awards ball”. When the charity say they can’t/wont they get a bit pushy and then ghost, no award won.
---
I’m glad there’s a thread now. As someone not too far away my spidey senses have twinged for many years now. Something is just off.
He doesn’t work with other orgs/charities, posts photos of vulnerable people, (he’s not ICO registered btw), very often says he’s shutting shop/is being targeted by trolls etc. Doesn’t apply for grants stating they won’t give him anything as if it’s some conspiracy (wouldn’t take help in writing grant bids).
Theres quite a few things that don’t add up.
BIB is what first twinged my spidey senses and makes me lean more towards grift for him. He’s honestly opened and shut more initiatives than you could ever count over the past few years and threatened to stop helping people thousands of times as a thinly veiled emotional blackmail beg for more funds.

Yet then you get to the CH stuff and Depher’s finances are perfectly healthy, not on the bones of their arse at all.

The maths isn’t mathing.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I’ve worked for charities and you often get lone do-gooders who think they can do better. And honestly, 99% of the time, they can’t. He would be much better offering his services via another charity or group of charities in the area. He obviously has the plumbing and heating expertise, which is great. He does not have poverty relief/benefits/isolation experience. My understanding is his region is awash with fantastic charities and grassroots orgs who tend to work collaboratively, I think he’s in the NW of England and they’re renowned across the UK for the collaborative way they support people, to try and be holistic and play to their own strengths. But you can never tell a Lone Ranger these things. Ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’ve worked for charities and you often get lone do-gooders who think they can do better. And honestly, 99% of the time, they can’t. He would be much better offering his services via another charity or group of charities in the area. He obviously has the plumbing and heating expertise, which is great. He does not have poverty relief/benefits/isolation experience. My understanding is his region is awash with fantastic charities and grassroots orgs who tend to work collaboratively, I think he’s in the NW of England and they’re renowned across the UK for the collaborative way they support people, to try and be holistic and play to their own strengths. But you can never tell a Lone Ranger these things. Ever.
It’s very much like Carly Burd and her allotment, giving out bread from supermarkets FOR FREE. Apparently people have messaged her and not had replies for weeks, for example, while a food bank would be much more reactive and also help signpost to other services. Reading some of the stories of Depher’s clients, I really hope they’re getting referred to adult social services or support with things like benefits claims. Fixing their boiler is nice but it’s so easy for vulnerable people to fall through the cracks.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.