Depher/CPH CIC #5 No Weddings and One Funeral

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kicking my feet in the air and giggling because charities are still more regulated than CICs

Screenshot_20240517_201406_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
I probably don't have the full picture of what went down between Depher and BWC but I think I understand most of it. That they were calling him out early on and he went after them in an unhinged and aggressive manner that was blatantly tinged with racism. He also made false allegations that some of these women travelled to Burnley and damaged his store, which was not true.

I can understand these women have been badly treated and are now hyper-sensitive to anything to do with Anderson. I hope they get to tell their story because it's another important angle on this mess -- that Anderson is a bigot who has attacked people on the basis of race, as well as being particularly nasty about disabled people.

From my point of view, I think it was the correct editorial judgement for the BBC team to focus initially on the data breaches and exploitation of Depher's vulnerable clients. Because that gets to the heart of the problems with how this business has been operated and funded.

The BWC women and the other Twitterers who have been calling him out, as great personal cost in some instances, have done so much hard graft on this and they do deserve to be heard and credited for this unpleasant task. Perhaps this will come out in future coverage in the press. Fingers crossed.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I probably don't have the full picture of what went down between Depher and BWC but I think I understand most of it. That they were calling him out early on and he went after them in an unhinged and aggressive manner that was blatantly tinged with racism. He also made false allegations that some of these women travelled to Burnley and damaged his store, which was not true.

I can understand these women have been badly treated and are now hyper-sensitive to anything to do with Anderson. I hope they get to tell their story because it's another important angle on this mess -- that Anderson is a bigot who has attacked people on the basis of race, as well as being particularly nasty about disabled people.

From my point of view, I think it was the correct editorial judgement for the BBC team to focus initially on the data breaches and exploitation of Depher's vulnerable clients. Because that gets to the heart of the problems with how this business has been operated and funded.

The BWC women and the other Twitterers who have been calling him out, as great personal cost in some instances, have done so much hard graft on this and they do deserve to be heard and credited for this unpleasant task. Perhaps this will come out in future coverage in the press. Fingers crossed.
Completely agree - the exploitation of all these 100s and 1000s of elderly folk is the main thing. Now his racism and violence towards women needs to come next.

Reactions: 24
The happenings get kind of convoluted and confusing when you start trying to piece together what an earth happened. Because of the format of twitter and not knowing who is who, it's hard to get the full picture from day 1 of what they went through. I can understand why it wasn't included but I do hope they get to share their story. I think one of the first pieces of critical media was the one about the racist image he shared.

I think because there's serious allegations of crime (breaking into the shop etc.), it's a harder one to unpick with legal.

A lot of the really awful things he's done and dirty deleted I've learned about through them posting receipts. It's just not really something the news has touched on. Hopefully they get their chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Hey - just some tweets from Jude that she's asked to be shared here (with permission) cos she's not on tattle. Screenshots attached.
Hey @drunkwasps

This is an imperfect channel but, if you're in touch with Jude and the BWC women, please let them know they have been heard here. We (or at least I am) are grateful for their courage in standing up to a nasty, racist bully like Anderson, at great personal cost in some instances.

Along with the other Twitter warriors who have kept the pressure up on Depher, it's been hard and frustrating over so many months.

We all hope justice is served, however flawed that might be.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
The happenings get kind of convoluted and confusing when you start trying to piece together what an earth happened. Because of the format of twitter and not knowing who is who, it's hard to get the full picture from day 1 of what they went through. I can understand why it wasn't included but I do hope they get to share their story. I think one of the first pieces of critical media was the one about the racist image he shared.

I think because there's serious allegations of crime (breaking the shop etc.), it's a harder one to unpick with legal.

A lot of the really awful things he's done and dirty deleted I've learned about through them posting receipts. It's just not really something the news has touched on. Hopefully they get their chance.
Not sure whether it would be through the BBC or a mainstream news outlet at this stage. Yes James did and said horrific things to these women, but emailing James telling him you “would smash his daft face in” and “duck you…and your creepy clone bleep you call a son” won’t really bode well…hence why Tattle wouldn’t ever be used

Reactions: 17
Why did bwc get involved, the catalyst please? I'm getting lost , soz

Reactions: 1
Why did bwc get involved, the catalyst please? I'm getting lost , soz
I’m genuinely not sure. I remember seeing something about James following a racist Twitter account. Then the discovery of his old racist fb posts. They got into all sorts of altercations with random nutjobs on Twitter who stuck up for James. Some of it is still ongoing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Hey - just some tweets from Jude that she's asked to be shared here (with permission) cos she's not on tattle. Screenshots attached.
I missed that post, this thread is moving so fast.
I actually feel tit that someone wants to make racism 'another story' when it was the actual prologue of this one

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I keep seeing posts asking the journos at the BBC why they haven’t spoken to the BWC women. It’s my understanding that MG worked with the BBC in linking them with sources for the story and she’s close to the BWC women. Whilst they have done good in exposing DEPHER and James for the racist behaviour, objectively speaking, one of them did send James a pretty aggressive letter calling him a bleep and I’m sure threatening to fight Decky (lmao). So tbf I can see why the BBC didn’t get involved with them directly. But there is 100% another story about James’ personal behaviour incl. racism and him setting others onto anyone who questioned him.
apologises in advance if this has already been addressed but I can’t keep up with all the messages. BWC have debunked this with a screenshot of what they emailed back to him a few hours ago. Easily found on twitter but not sure what the rules are here about sharing screenshots etc. Also I’m not sure if any one from here tuned into their X- space last night but I did and they are so articulate in what they have been saying. I saw a post here earlier too saying how satisfying this thread has been because it’s been fast paced and results have happened in a short time, yes in terms of tattle threads absolutely it’s been quick but this has been on going for three years for the BWC women over on twitter, daily abuse, must feel like the longest slog in the world and now even today people are still trying to invalidate what they’ve been saying. I try not to speak on it too much because I am white and I don’t want to speak for them. I feel like the whole point of what they’ve been saying is that nobody listened to them, I don’t wanna be white-knighting all over a story that is actually theirs.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Completely agree - the exploitation of all these 100s and 1000s of elderly folk is the main thing. Now his racism and violence towards women needs to come next.
I'm not sure why it can't be wrapped up in one massive mess of exploitation and bigotry? With respect, why would his racism be an 'also be' ?

Reactions: 3
In terms of anyone who doesn’t know the whole story about how the racist posts and how BWC are connected to this, there is a thread by I_AmMukhar on twitter (orginially posted in may 22 but reposted very recently) that gives a summary of what happened and how it all came about,It’s a few tweets down now but its there and gives a timeline of what happened. There’s a lot more to it that’s happened before and since but for any confusion it gives a summary.

Reactions: 13
apologises in advance if this has already been addressed but I can’t keep up with all the messages. BWC have debunked this with a screenshot of what they emailed back to him a few hours ago. Easily found on twitter but not sure what the rules are here about sharing screenshots etc.
Yeh it’s an email to James saying that they’d smash his face in and called Decky a bleep hahahah
This came after he alleged that they hacked his insta (they didn’t) and smashed/vandalised the DEPHER shopfront (they didn’t)
James encouraged pile ons of them all as well as other women later down the line
You can share screenshots but if someone doesn’t have a big following 10k+ best to censor names and faces.
---
In terms of anyone who doesn’t know the whole story about how the racist posts and how BWC are connected to this, there is a thread by I_AmMukhar on twitter (orginially posted in may 22 but reposted very recently) that gives a summary of what happened and how it all came about,It’s a few tweets down now but its there and gives a timeline of what happened. There’s a lot more to it that’s happened before and since but for any confusion it gives a summary.
I have just read it there and gives a better picture! I knew bits and pieces and saw James personally instigate witch hunts against them
---
I'm not sure why it can't be wrapped up in one massive mess of exploitation and bigotry? With respect, why would his racism be an 'also be' ?
That’s a good question and one for the Beeb/MSM not me, but I agree his character and personal behaviour on social media should’ve been a part of it. I’m not sure if there were/are legal implications to it?

Reactions: 9
Yeh it’s an email to James saying that they’d smash his face in and called Decky a bleep hahahah
This came after he alleged that they hacked his insta (they didn’t) and smashed/vandalised the DEPHER shopfront (they didn’t)
loool maybe debunked was the wrong word but he is a bleep and so is his father so it’s not like they were wrong 😂

• Haha
loool maybe debunked was the wrong word but he is a bleep and so is his father so it’s not like they were wrong 😂
Hahahaha I know I’m just saying that’s possibly why BBC were a bit hesitant 😂 it gives credibility to James saying he’s got bullies and trolls, no matter how deserved it is 🙄

Reactions: 5
Also (and I am not saying that James's racism and what BWC and all the other accounts have suffered should fall by the wayside) but in terms of a cut and dry (and this will get past internal legal piece), "here's X Y Z that Depher said/posted re: his clientele and CIC, here's why it's a lie, here's Depher showing himself to be a liar as he tries to deny it" is a more cohesive arc for a 30 minute mini-documentary

ETA I don't want to seem like I don't care by not having mentioned these accounts/accounts by name (especially when they have their real names attached to them), I'm just wary of flouting Tattle rules etc about chatting about small accounts/random members of the public on the threads. Although I suppose at this point they're not random members of the public

• Heart
Love you trolls do you feel the same?
I don't wanna play James, no James, ah-ah
You're the boiler and I'm the flame
Baby, just play it straight, straight, no James, ah-ah🎶

Reactions: 1
2020 James Anderson is something else.

Screenshot_20240517_192650_Facebook.jpg

Is the bit where Jesus gets his Facebook account restricted in the old or the new testament? I must have missed it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Now he knows how Jesus felt as the next thread title please. Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
The fact a certain other “unmasking grifters” account who lies constantly themselves (anyone who has been on the JM threads can verify I was v critical of this account re:her) has now jumped on trying to take some of the credit and they’re having to defend themselves from him too says it all. Absolutely ridiculous how they are being ignored and having their work taken.
Yep, saw that too.
---
I feel like I'm going to hell but the fact he tore eyeholes destroyed me the first time this was on here, and it's destroying me again
That was actually funny. Did he think nobody would notice? 🤣 What an absolute 🔔🔚

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.