Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tin Can Crook

Chatty Member
😭 I'm in pieces at the idea of Jeremy Vine cycling past wearing his helmet cam whilst Alan Titchmarsh dismantles the garden and Hugh Grant is tapping his foot waiting for his £75k back

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Lazarus

VIP Member
In lay terms whats the crux of this story. Clearly he has done some good (?) but whats the issue, he told fibs and hes got rich on the back of it?
Safeguarding
Breach of GDPR
Emotionally manipulative language to extract money from donors
Lying (see above)
No license to offer financial loans and gave someone a £2,400 loan at a rate of £2pw (23yr repayment term)
Malpractice (smoking in client’s home, smoking whilst fixing a faulty boiler)
Misuse of funds (buying a house, for example) when money was donated for gas, plumbing, boiler repair
Offering funeral support without being a member of National Association of Funeral Directors

the list goes on

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
The good thing is that this has been huge today, sweeping across all platforms and news agencies. Jimmy squirms a lot in his interview with the BBC, well Jim that's going to seem quite softball compared to the rabid tabloid journalists that will have been dispatched to get their masters fresh dirt on the hottest story of the week. Hopefully they realise there's a goldmine of outrage content to be mined for clicks in Burnley.

Reactions: 23

MurielSnark

VIP Member
In a crowded field of creepy and weird things James has done / said / written, that terrible front garden is in a special category. Apart from it being objectively ugly, it's just strange. He lives in a street where everyone has the same front garden space -- so why would anyone walking past need to sit down in his front yard when they have their own? And, if someone was feeling sad or whatever, why would sitting in some stranger's front garden help? It's not as if it's a comfy space, with secluded seating or anything remotely mentally soothing. And you just know that there'd be curtains twitching from behind you -- hardly a reassuring feeling if a person is emotionally fragile in that moment.

Honestly, the sooner Jimmy is reined in, the better.

• Haha

Swipeupguyzzz

It was the same with Monroe. Like with Depher to start with a few brave souls poked their heads above the parapet and got told they were discusting jealous trolls, while rewards were showered on the grifters in the form of money, fame and attention from celebrities. They then think they are invincible because the likes of Hugh Grant, Gary Lineker and Nigella think they are so marvellous.
Yeah the puclic figure support definitely lends credibility. Monroe is a much more obvious scammer to me though (not worse, just more obvious) While JA is pondlife at least he did something that could at least look believable from a quick scan. I've never seen JM do anything even once that wasn't for the whole entire benefit of JM.

Tin Can Crook

Chatty Member
There's some really revolting stuff in that report involving the obvious lies and exploitation of vulnerable people so it's really easy to overlook the confirmation of what experienced people have been saying for ages.

They're worked in an unregulated and unqualified manner and he's not afraid to lie about that. He lied about people being subcontractors. So what was occurring when his registration on the gas safe register lapsed earlier this year. He was the only one registered. Were they still operating?

Screenshot_20240516_013756_BBC News.jpg

And again, something we all knew but nice to see this in black and white. Sure makes all those people posting about all the miscellaneous things he's paid for for them on his wall look pretty suspect. He's got people claiming he paid for dental bills, car repairs, gave them money, toys, food etc. None of which are plumbing and heating repair related and no means testing took place to ensure they met the supposed CIC eligibility criteria.
Screenshot_20240516_013732_BBC News.jpg

Lazarus

VIP Member
If this doesn’t put a stop to the emails to him from various members of staff at the council, the social work departments and ambulance services then nothing will.
Whether they were on an official list of approved suppliers, or not, the fact of the matter is that staff in Local Authorities were emailing him. This practice should be stopped with immediate effect and all of those agencies should be sending an email to ALL of their staff instructing them to stop this.

Dragonspark

Interesting tactics from some defenders:
Q: well, he's obviously a bit thick so it's not his fault.
A: all it would take is the appointment of a qualified legal advisor, they're not even that expensive.

Q: it's not that bad, he's helped loads of people, hasn't he?
A: yes, he may have done, but he's also 'harmed' loads of people. Can't we do the helping alone?

• Sick
  • Heart

ahkrin

And if I drove to Burnley and went to sit in that garden I bet I'd be welcomed with open arms :rolleyes:

More likely have my picture taken, called a troll and accused of trespass

lilykestrel

VIP Member
well, looks like now we're on two times Tattle has driven me to watch GB News. First when the Sue Lee money was covered, and now this

• Haha
  • Wow

Lazarus

VIP Member
i love that photo - it's got him at his best (with that stupid fucking thing in his ear). I bet he keeps his mobile on a holster on his belt!

• Haha

BeardyBap

VIP Member
If no one hung around for the post-interview autopsy, Kelvin McKenzie said he’s privately pleased that Hugh Grant was taken in, Jimmy clearly isn’t capable to run the operation, he should stand down and refund everyone, and he’s surprised that the police aren’t involved yet.
James Schneider said it illustrates that any safety net should be provided by the state rather than people neither qualified or competent.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
The “Public Notice” stuff is the usual grandiose plus the usual attention seeking knowing full well he was always going to “donate” to that project as it’s very easy to spend other people’s money. A word of warning to the organisers if it is a genuine project - you will be tarred with the same brush as him.

He is absolutely obsessed with the “elderly and disabled isn’t he”
His thick brain has probably realised a vague 'youth hub' is fuck all to do with his remit and why people donated. So he's trying to make it vaguely relevant by mentioning old and disabled people. Because of course they want to go and sit in a shipping container in a car park.

• Haha
  • Heart

gimm3more

VIP Member
He’s back on “damage control” again this morning and reeling out some of his greatest hits again.
- Funnily enough, everyone has to pay tax on their earnings. He’s tagged BBC Breakfast for some unknown reason. Then onto…
- Two separate occasions he appeared on BBC Breakfast, one when he creepily wormed himself into the BIONIC ARM kid’s story and I think the other one was an appearance from 2022.
- a really disturbing message saying that someone has sent James their dying dad’s last £2000.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry