Denise Welch - COVID denier, Twitter tyke, Ghislaine Maxwell lookalike

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s high time we had a Tattle thread for ITV’s resident mad woman in the attic, Jacqueline Denise Welch.

Previously known as a drunk and druggy good time girl who played herself in every low-rent TV show she was in, the Loose Woman cleaned up her act about a decade ago and waxed lyrical to anyone who’d listen about the virtues of sobriety. Over the last 18 months, she’s taken an even more outrageous turn by constantly downplaying the impact of COVID.

Denise is always tweeting about how the data is wrong and that any measures to stop the spread of the virus are beyond her tolerance. She’s become such a martyr for the cause that she was recently tweeting her outrage about Wales reintroducing one-way systems in shops. And don’t get her started on masks! It would be one thing if this was something she’d taken up recently but she’s been playing the same tune throughout almost all of the pandemic, woe betide the 150,000 deaths.

Denise would argue that she’s standing up for people’s mental health but seemingly shows little regard for the mental health of people who are anxious of COVID. Heck, what’s the use in having 100% mental health on Monday if you die of COVID on Tuesday?

If she’s this loud and boring sober, I can only imagine what she was like as a drunk!

Every cloud has a silver lining and Denise’s unfortunate and uncanny resemblance to Ghislaine Maxwell during her brunette era has been the butt of many jokes on Twitter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
*she suffers from depression
*her husbands name is Lincoln

Not that anyone would know cos she NEVER mentions it 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Thank you for creating this thread. I’ve recently seen some things shared on Instagram from her page which I’ve been shocked about - I didn’t realise she was such a Covid denier! And the fact that people I thought were intelligent resharing her nonsense really shocked me. She seems a bit unhinged. Why does she care about one way round for shops in wales? Does she live there? What’s it to her?

I was most shocked at her comments regarding seeing her dad last Christmas and she was glad she did so because he died. It just seemed really insensitive to people who have suffered greatly and lost loved ones but who did their best to stick to the restrictions in place. What world would it be if we all just said duck you I’ll do what’s best for me, I don’t care about you. Everybody’s fed up but I don’t know what the answer is except we all try to get through it as best as possible.

Reactions: 25
I am such a fan of Matty but I have always been horrified at some of the things she’s said and done (esp in regard to Matt). I feel sorry for him

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
the fact that she’s a covid-denier doesn’t hugely surprise me tbh. her resemblance to ghislaine maxwell very much does though!!

i was actually talking about dw with a colleague in work the other week - she’s a huge 1975 fan and said denise has talked about how the band wouldn’t exist with her giving matty a difficult childhood and material to write about, which i’m hoping was a misquote! while i think it’s valid that she’s so open about her post-natal depression and how she struggled to love him as a child i do wonder how that openness effects him as an adult. i’m not sure if i’d want to hear my mother telling so many people that she found it hard to love me (even though it obviously wasn’t her fault) :(

I am such a fan of Matty but I have always been horrified at some of the things she’s said and done (esp in regard to Matt). I feel sorry for him
my feelings exactly! speaking about her depression is completely valid and i’m sure is extremely helpful to so many people, but i’ve never been a fan of how personal she makes it about matty and his childhood.

Reactions: 13
One of the reasons I love Matt is how open and honest he is but sometimes he’s painful to watch performing or interviewing. This doesn’t mean I am gonna give her credit for it because I would rather he wasn’t actually traumatised 🤦🏻‍♀️

I always feel like she’s got to be the most important person to everyone in her whole family. Like, she’s supportive but also, she’s constantly always that person who talks about her own mental health. It’s become a facet of her personality now

Come on - his mother made him famous like other mothers - Colleen Nolan, Beckhams, Ronan Keeting et al. Yes he is a good musician but he would not have got the exposure unless he was in a famous family.

This young man busks in Liverpool - West - North Wales - and he is brilliant but has not a leg up from Mummy or Daddy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Got mixed feelings about her. Think she is quite the narcissist at times but has done some good things for people with mental health issues but I think she genuinely can and does care for others. As for the Covid denial...I do get her concerns over mental health. I have my own and have strong views on the impact of Covid upon the well being of vulnerable people but you could never call me a Covid denier. I'm glad she has tackled her drug and alcohol issues because she was very clearly off the loop for a while but I'd guess she would say she was 'self-medicating' for pre-existing mental health issues. Mental illness can and does kill people. There is some difference between those who have a reactive episode and those who have to endure it as a lifelong experience. You can't 'fix' it with medication or 'getting a grip' and she has done quite a lot to raise awareness about 'managing' it. She does, however, spend a fair bit of airtime talking about herself or bringing the conversation back to herself. I felt awful for her when her dad died because she absolutely adored him. I feel sad for her because I think she's a born 'performer' but also quite a tormented soul who's quite needy.

Denise Welch can barely book employment of her own so to suggest that her great power and influence led her son’s band to two Grammy nominations is an almighty stretch.

Reactions: 26
Forgot to say his name is Sion J Jones -- the street musician.
I will say again - I like Denise and always have done no matter what has gone on in her life and glad she met Lincoln but sure she had a nice life with Tim Healey when they had the kids. They both can't both be awful people.

Denise Welch can barely book employment of her own so to suggest that her great power and influence led her son’s band to two Grammy nominations is an almighty stretch.
This really does not make much sence.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Denise has worked consistently for the past 3 decades. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Auf Wiedersen Pet, Coronation Street, Waterloo Road, EastEnders and now Hollyoaks. She has also done much along side this such as Loose Women, Big Brother and the voice over for 10 Years Younger. She's had a very successful career and hasn't sat on her early success unlike some other Loose Women panelists.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Denise has worked consistently for the past 3 decades. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Auf Wiedersen Pet, Coronation Street, Waterloo Road, EastEnders and now Hollyoaks. She has also done much along side this such as Loose Women, Big Brother and the voice over for 10 Years Younger. She's had a very successful career and hasn't sat on her early success unlike some other Loose Women panelists.
Sorry Lincoln!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Thank you Gloria - I was going to look them all up but you have done it for me. Thank you.
RJF -- nowt to do with Lincoln. No way,

Sorry Lincoln!
Tatt;e should have a shaky head emoji

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Come on - his mother made him famous like other mothers - Colleen Nolan, Beckhams, Ronan Keeting et al. Yes he is a good musician but he would not have got the exposure unless he was in a famous family.
i love that you’ve included colleen nolan with the beckhams in terms of fame here; i don’t think they’re quite the same level 🤣

nepotism exists obviously (the beckhams being a great example) but i don’t think we can truly say that denise welch has the power and influence to get her son a music deal, step into the industry etc. she’s not an a+ list celeb with a huge lists of names to call on. at most, being the son of parents with averagely successful british acting careers might make it easier for you to buy some equipment and pay for rehearsal space 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha