Denise Pelo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know did she get vaccinated? Fully vaccinated 22 weeks pregnant here and freaked out watching her stories.

Deffo agree re section. They might not agree readily but it is one of those times we need to speak up and advocate for our babies. I'd be getting that baby out tonight. No question. What happens with a covid positive mum in terms of being able to hold/ feed baby?

I had to fight for my section. It was only confirmed 3 weeks before my due date. It was a really stressful pregnancy not knowing. I’d had surgery a few years prior & was told future pregnancies would be an automatic section. The consultant disagreed & wouldn’t sign off on it. Only for he was missing towards the end someone else booked me in with no hassle.
I’d say she’ll end up having a section, if she hasn’t got the energy now & her lungs are giving her grief they’d be taking a huge risk making her go through a natural birth
I would have thought with her history etc she would have been a private patient but it doesn't appear like she is cause consultant would likely recommend a c section in this instance. I really hope she has a great team keeping an eye on her and baby.

Deffo agree re section. They might not agree readily but it is one of those times we need to speak up and advocate for our babies. I'd be getting that baby out tonight. No question. What happens with a covid positive mum in terms of being able to hold/ feed baby?
You are given an option to care for them yourself or delegate a health care worker or family member. If you do it yourself the HSE advice is an isolated room, baby in an incubator and gowning with PPE when holding the baby and its meant to last for 14 days but not sure how that is being implemented now

I had to fight for my section. It was only confirmed 3 weeks before my due date. It was a really stressful pregnancy not knowing. I’d had surgery a few years prior & was told future pregnancies would be an automatic section. The consultant disagreed & wouldn’t sign off on it. Only for he was missing towards the end someone else booked me in with no hassle.
I’d say she’ll end up having a section, if she hasn’t got the energy now & her lungs are giving her grief they’d be taking a huge risk making her go through a natural birth
That’s disgraceful, whatever happened to a woman’s right to choose? I hope she does end up having a section. At this stage when induction has started it will be an emergency one. A lot more panic will ensue then in comparison to a planned one which she should have had imo

Reactions: 1
Apparently she is not vaccinated.
She didn’t want to get vaccinated because she is pregnant. I understand her concern but I think I would get vaccinated if I was pregnant just to be on the safe side. I don’t think she is anti vaxx but she is terrible about wearing her mask.

Last week her team was in Pelo in Dublin having a training session and the lad giving the talk had no mask on and one of her team members had it under her nose. Its no wonder she got it, the mask is up and down all day.

She even proudly announced on IG stories last year that she wears her mask upside down because its more comfortable i.e. looser.

Reactions: 4
I understand her concerns but I got the vaccine because I am pregnant and I still stay at home working from here 90% of the time. Not wishing in any way to blame her but I think I would have been in hiding if I was her at this stage of her pregnancy with cases rising if she wasn't vaccinated. I'd imagine her husband probably is vaccinated based on age...?

Reactions: 2
I commenting here on the photo of all the staff on top of each other maskless the other night.
Now look. How many close contacts are on her list.
I hope everything goes OK for her though.

• Heart
You can I done it in January!
My reason was I refused induction and baby needed to be born so they obliged my section no problem.

A planned section is an easier recovery than an exhausting birth (again personal experience) and regardless the evidence is out there to show covid is very dangerous for the baby that's enough reason to book or want a section. That baby is safer out than in!
Absolutely, I was traumatised after my first due to a long drawn out induction which lead to exhaustion, and not so pleasant midwives added into the mix. I then developed ptsd as a result so for my second I requested a section straight away. Recovery was harder with the section yes, but my mental health recovered immensely & with a newborn, the physical scars dont hurt as much as the mental ones so I was so happy I had control over that

• Heart
I really hope she and the baby are OK BUT I had a baby last year and do ye know how I avoided covid? By staying the hell at home, seeing no one and going nowhere. The amount of mixing she's done over the last few wks is shameful whether she's pregnant or not but fact she's pregnant makes the mixing even worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I'm sorry but if I was in the situation shes in the last thing I'd be doing is posting on insta jezs come off the phone and consentrate on a safe birth for herself and her baby

Reactions: 3
I commenting here on the photo of all the staff on top of each other maskless the other night.
Now look. How many close contacts are on her list.
I hope everything goes OK for her though.
When I seen that I was like jeez is she not ready to pop, wouldn't consider it safe. Hopefully mom and baby will be OK though

I understand the nervousness of taking a vaccine in pregnancy that hasn't been around long. No-one would choose to do that but it's about balance of risk. If she didn't want to take the vaccine she should have taken every precaution to protect herself from catching covid. The only surprise is that she didn't get it sooner! I really hope she doesn't end up gravely regretting her decisions. 🙏😔

Reactions: 6
If I was her situation, the last thing I'd want to be doing or worrying about is tagging other celebs/influencers on indsa- and I've had 4 kids, and been induced twice, so I know the drill.
Don't forget shes trying to twist this into a positive marketing/engagement thing. Hence tagging pippa (who's just launched her own book aboutnoregnancy/fertility journeys etc) hoping shel catch the story is related to pregnancy, uniquely covid and labour, and get her some engagement.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If I was her situation, the last thing I'd want to be doing or worrying about is tagging other celebs/influencers on indsa- and I've had 4 kids, and been induced twice, so I know the drill.
There on insta now , wouldnt it be the last thing on your mind , shes trying to pull everything for sympathy, i empathise with her situation, She documents too much online , she needs to think of herself and baby , pood midwives trying to deal with a covid induced patient, put the phone away, bloody insta takes over their lives

Reactions: 2
I am 30 weeks and have not got the vaccine and won’t be getting it until after the baby there is not enough info on it for pregnant woman I don’t blame her not getting it but that meal was very silly

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am 30 weeks and have not got the vaccine and won’t be getting it until after the baby there is not enough info on it for pregnant woman I don’t blame her not getting it but that meal was very silly
And all the traveling up and down to Dublin and Belfast in a pandemic when a highly transmitted variant is rampant in both places.

I really hope she is ok but she needs to reflect on her actions and use this as an opportunity not for PR but to warn other pregnant women to be extra careful.

If she was so worried about getting COVID when pregnant why didn’t she isolate or stay away from everyone? In my last 2 weeks of pregnancy I stayed in as much as I could. Went out walking on my own or with my son. My mam was my birth partner and she done the same thing. COVID is still playing a part and we all have to do our bit to stay safe. Yes it’s sad she’s caught it but she should of been taking precautions especially so close to her due date.

Reactions: 3
Just watched her last snap, in her nightie etc. Girls... she is very very sick. She looks terrible. Her breathing is really short.. she's got nasal flare pursed lips and laboured breathing. As I've said elsewhere on here, my background is medical.
Thats not induction kicking in.... I think there enough of us here with experience of that personally that I don't need to get into why its not.

I actually think someone close to her needs to give her a buzz and tell her this is really inappropriate & put the phone away. She is... really sick. I feel for the midwives and SHO on tonight... unstable patient, covid +, induction in progress

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.