Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Given the discussion of chocolate, you can now get vegan cream eggs! Such a far cry from the days when the only vegan chocolate available was bars of carob. Had one that was dark chocolate, really quite nice.

Reactions: 3
Livia’s just announced they're launching something chocolatey soon too

Reactions: 4
I find it bizarre they want to open a restaurant? She always makes Matt seem very business savvy but is this really a good move in the current climate?

Are her products even that popular? I’ve tried a few and they were OK but nothing amazing

Reactions: 6
I find it bizarre they want to open a restaurant? She always makes Matt seem very business savvy but is this really a good move in the current climate?
Yeah, I find the restaurant a bit strange too - especially since she closed two of her delis and posted losses of over £700,000. Then again, it's not like she ever has to worry about money!

Reactions: 9
Yeah, I find the restaurant a bit strange too - especially since she closed two of her delis and posted losses of over £700,000. Then again, it's not like she ever has to worry about money!
yeah I was about to say this! I thought I had misremembered that the delis closed! why the hell would they do this, let alone now?!

Reactions: 3
It's a very odd choice! Her food is much better suited to a deli environment, samey salads and different type of roasted chickpeas, simple cakes and breakfast foods like granola and porridge, turmeric lattes etc... I cannot see anyone wanting to pay restaurant prices for anything like this?! What would she serve? Pesto pasta?!

If her deli in the heart of London couldn't make it I really don't see how a restaurant would!
Even her food ranges at the supermarket are very simple and suit a deli style cafe.

Reactions: 8
It's a very odd choice! Her food is much better suited to a deli environment, samey salads and different type of roasted chickpeas, simple cakes and breakfast foods like granola and porridge, turmeric lattes etc... I cannot see anyone wanting to pay restaurant prices for anything like this?! What would she serve? Pesto pasta?!

If her deli in the heart of London couldn't make it I really don't see how a restaurant would!
Even her food ranges at the supermarket are very simple and suit a deli style cafe.
I think she said she’s taking on a vegan chef to do more fine dining food at the restaurant

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Hi all! Just very randomly found this thread. I used to follow her maybe about 5-6 years ago? I used to like her quite a lot and I actually bought her first app, but she started to annoy me quite a lot even back then, I just used to find her too nice too happy too in your face all the time, I had forgotten about her until now! I remember one time I bought one of her energy balls (or something like that) in whole foods and she used to say that she didn't count calories and calories didn't matter and all that, anyway, I was trying to lose some weight then and I bought the balls as a snack and when I checked the calories it was just ridiculous, too much for a single ball, I also found them to have a horrible taste, like they made me feel a bit sick, I basically ended up throwing it away...

Her girls are so bloody cute but I cannot bear Deliciously Matt’s voice in that “Happy Mother’s Day” video of Skye. My skin is turning inside out.

Reactions: 1
Her girls are so bloody cute but I cannot bear Deliciously Matt’s voice in that “Happy Mother’s Day” video of Skye. My skin is turning inside out.
Her girls are adorable. For as much as you may dislike them, they did produce some cute kids! 😅

I don't think Ella is a very nice person and I actually doubt that the recipes are really hers.

I got the app and tried some of the recipes. I wanted to make a brownie recipe, but it didn't turn out right despite me following the instructions - I tried it again and it as another fail.
So I contacted her on Insta and asked about it, I asked two very specific questions (I did this, should I have done this? etc) - she didn't know the answer!
First she said she would get back to me but never did, then when I chased her she said that there never was an issue with this recipe before. Hmmmm?????

Also very suspicious that all her recipes are either gooey, or garlicky etc and she also does a lot of pasta (which I don't need a recipe app for).

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I don't think Ella is a very nice person and I actually doubt that the recipes are really hers.

I got the app and tried some of the recipes. I wanted to make a brownie recipe, but it didn't turn out right despite me following the instructions - I tried it again and it as another fail.
So I contacted her on Insta and asked about it, I asked two very specific questions (I did this, should I have done this? etc) - she didn't know the answer!
First she said she would get back to me but never did, then when I chased her she said that there never was an issue with this recipe before. Hmmmm?????

Also very suspicious that all her recipes are either gooey, or garlicky etc and she also does a lot of pasta (which I don't need a recipe app for).
yeah if you look at the timeline of what (she claims) about her illness/learning to cook etc it makes very little sense, I bet she has recipe developers to do the hard work for her. I find this with a lot of vegan/health food cooks, a lot of the meals just have the same flavour profile either covered in nuts/tahini or nutritional yeast

Reactions: 7
yeah if you look at the timeline of what (she claims) about her illness/learning to cook etc it makes very little sense, I bet she has recipe developers to do the hard work for her. I find this with a lot of vegan/health food cooks, a lot of the meals just have the same flavour profile either covered in nuts/tahini or nutritional yeast
Let's put it this way: my question would be easy to answer for anyone who developed the recipe.

Initially I was fooled by her and admired her, I thought: Wow, she was so ill but created this popular blog and managed to cook so much and creatively and she is also so pretty.

Now I think: what a shame that she inflated her own achievement and hid the massive help she got to get off the ground. money and connections make everything possible

Reactions: 13
I always thought the deli idea was born from her wanting ready made food on tap so she could conserve energy, very confused about the restaurant though, who on earth wants gourmet avocado on toast?!

Please don’t attack me for this, but the one thing I’ll defend her on is the illness she’s dealt with. Whilst I don’t agree that shes “cured herself with food” it CAN make a huge difference to the overall symptoms, I have the same conditions, and I’ve found the same results, since she’s never gone back to having refined sugar or white carbs I can see why she thinks she’s cured as the symptoms don’t creep back, but from the amount of time she spends in bed, and the choices she makes over convenience foods, I feel perhaps she’s moderating her energy output without actively realising she’s doing it, and the high carbohydrate food choices (everything is toast or pasta or potatoes) she’s again propping her energy levels up with fast fixes. She isn’t cured, she’s found a way to adapt that works for her body. I don’t know if she realises she’s doing this, but I get annoyed when people rubbish her claims because if I stick to a diet like that I feel massively better too, so I do see what she’s saying, and I can see how it would help others to try it too. Surely it’s got to be better for them than frozen pizzas and potato smiles?

Reactions: 20
Her girls are adorable. For as much as you may dislike them, they did produce some cute kids! 😅
I actually think the video she keeps posting of the older one laughing is a bit odd. I would choose another if I were her.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.