Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who says she needs him to do it? Maybe it’s just a choice they made that makes sense for them. Just because it’s happening doesn’t mean she is unable or needs him to do it.
Yes although the picture Ella has always painted is that the business was floundering and in a bit of a mess (because she says she is not a business minded person) and Matt came along and sort of saved the day - unpicked many poor decisions (eg binning the one off payment app and launched a recurring subscription model one) and re-shaped the entire business. So I know what you’re saying but it’s the narrative Ella herself has pushed.

I wonder what attracted the wannabe CEO to the young heiress (of a multi billion pound trust) with her own business with huge brand recognition and loads of potential and the industry contacts of dreams - just in desperate need of a business leader? 🧐

No wonder he works himself into the ground - to prove he didn’t just marry his way in and is worthy of the business position she’s given to him.

Reactions: 10
Who says she needs him to do it? Maybe it’s just a choice they made that makes sense for them. Just because it’s happening doesn’t mean she is unable or needs him to do it.
But @Shutterbug99 didn't say that "she needs him to do it" but described the image it portrayed, which is of course subjective.

To me it rather paints a bad image of these two husbands, that didn't manage to create something of their own but jumped on the ideas their girlfriends (at the time) had and then married them and made themselves heads of: a pink blog aimed at girls and a company called "deliciously Ella".
I kind of can't take them seriously. Get your own job, mate.

Reactions: 5
I didn't realise the app was a subscription. That must make some serious coin as it's the #1 grossing food app on Google.

600 recipes apparently but in the photo to promote it there's pasta, salad and smoothie bowls. Do people really need a subscription to that? I'd rather have a couple of good books personally. I've seen Ella's in charity shops.

Screenshot_20210921-081949_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20210921-082012_Google Play Store.jpg

Reactions: 1
I didn't realise the app was a subscription. That must make some serious coin as it's the #1 grossing food app on Google.

600 recipes apparently but in the photo to promote it there's pasta, salad and smoothie bowls. Do people really need a subscription to that? I'd rather have a couple of good books personally. I've seen Ella's in charity shops.

View attachment 773556

View attachment 773557
I admit I have the app, had it unused sitting in my subscriptions for a year, and recently looked at it again.
Hardly any new recipes, just a few unspectacular ones, new fitness/yoga videos I am not interested in and the podcast which you can get for free anywhere.

I finally have to cancel it!

Reactions: 2

The app must be the cash cow that pays for everything else. It’s 99p/month or 9.99/year. Sneakily when you download the free trial the default subscription is the 1 year option. From a business POV the yearly subscription would hugely help with financial projections, that alone is worth a lot.

I scoped it out (put an alarm on my phone to remember to unsubscribe before 7 days - miracle) it all just seemed so similar? Variations in a theme. Great if you are into that.

For a book I love Rose Elliot’s Complete Vegan. Maybe a bit basic for some but it’s so concisely written and well thought through, I keep going back to it.

I guess it's easy to subscribe and forget about it. You'd need to put a lot of money behind it to make a good app, sounds like the deliciously ella app is doing the bare minimum. I personally hate this subscribing to everything and owning nothing lifestyle.

@whathastheworldcometo I hope you remembered to save the recipe for the berry & coconut smoothie bowl and the aubergine and tomato pasta! It'll be near on impossible to figure out how to make those :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She says she needs him to do “the running of the business things”. Multiple times.

Back in the good ol days, Ella was candid about Matt continuing to eat meat and animal products. Not asking to criticise, but I’m curious, the narrative has changed now to a united front with plant based meals at home, does anyone know if he is now fully plant based?

I’ve always thought Matt worked on DE because he didn’t have his own career basically. Then I thought maybe Ella went on about how important he was to DE to make him look good and not that he just couldn’t carve his own career out and jumped on her bandwagon.
I had the free trial for the app but never paid for It because there were literally no recipes I wanted to make on there.

Reactions: 3
Back in the good ol days, Ella was candid about Matt continuing to eat meat and animal products. Not asking to criticise, but I’m curious, the narrative has changed now to a united front with plant based meals at home, does anyone know if he is now fully plant based?
It's interesting that she stays quiet about it now, I guess it's not a good look if she's presenting it as a family company with an ethos that the person apparently running the show doesn't follow.

I wonder if Ella is even vegan? So many of the vegan accounts that have been going as long as her are no longer vegan. Like niomi smart who's been preaching about veganism for so long, but now has been pictured Infront of seafood. She's said nothing about it.

It's interesting that she stays quiet about it now, I guess it's not a good look if she's presenting it as a family company with an ethos that the person apparently running the show doesn't follow.

I wonder if Ella is even vegan? So many of the vegan accounts that have been going as long as her are no longer vegan. Like niomi smart who's been preaching about veganism for so long, but now has been pictured Infront of seafood. She's said nothing about it.
Was it Ella that said that she sometimes ate fish?
I know for a fact that they were selling organic chicken in their first deli.

• Wow

I think she’s always been careful to say she eats a ‘plant-based diet’ so who knows what that actually means!

What is on her hand? 🧐

*I know she’s posting pictures of her children for over a million people to see on a public page but I’m not personally comfortable with posting a picture of another persons child online
ABF5938E-C28A-43D1-88C8-0DA708D156EA.jpeg

Reactions: 6
What is on her hand? 🧐

*I know she’s posting pictures of her children for over a million people to see on a public page but I’m not personally comfortable with posting a picture of another persons child online
Her eyes remind me of Elizabeth Holmes's eyes 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Her eyes remind me of Elizabeth Holmes's eyes 🙈
If someone told me that Ella was actually Elon Musk’s attempt at a humanoid robot to control the mainstream media and peddle whatever Big industry conspiracy… I would have a hard time disbelieving it based on this picture. The staring eyes! And it can’t even be a genetic quirk because Matt is the same… unless they really are siblings?!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Does anyone know if Ella is an anti vaxxer? I’ve absolutely no knowledge of her being one, don’t want to start a false rumour or anything. I don’t think she mentioned getting vaccinated. Fair enough if they want to keep that private. Some wellness/ vegan influencers are anti vax and quite vocal about it.

I think Ella will do what ever is most profitable for the "family owned brand". So she'll say nothing on vaccinations as to not upset either side.

Reactions: 11
I think Ella will do what ever is most profitable for the "family owned brand". So she'll say nothing on vaccinations as to not upset either side.
yeah exactly, I would imagine she is not getting the vaccine though

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.