Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ella is so annoying and Matt seems like a total money hungry creep. I don’t think he understands business at all.

Reactions: 1
She definitely needs to stop this “look at us how hard we work” because even if they do (or not, I don’t know, we only see a fraction of their day on insta and you can portray what you want) they have the choice to delegate and still be super well off.
It’s quite offensive for her staff (chefS, waiters, cleaning staff) who don’t have a choice but to work hard and still having 0.1% of the wealth she has.
I said this before, it doesn’t make her a saint working hard but if she really wants to do something great she should demonstrate that she offers her staff a great life balance, above average salary and other perks like that.
Yes you work hard Ella but you may be the only benefitting from this so get off the pedestal
I do question if she actually knows what working hard looks like in relation to say an NHS nurse who works long hours and has no home help. I’m not sure swanning off during nap time to check on your restaurant is quite the same. Plus it’s obviously the nanny who gets the kids to bed anyway. We see small snippets on Instagram but I’m sure we would all be shocked to see how much assistance she gets at home at what her working days really looks like.

Reactions: 13
Sometimes I can’t quite believe this girl is only 30? Like she looks/acts mid 40s!

Reactions: 7
Poor Ella.

Also this launch seems to be another one of those things that is a big deal behind the scenes for the business but actually should seem appear par for the course for the user, by and large, no? Like it’s a totally rebuilt app so very stressful internally for the switchover (I get that, and hats off to them for a smooth launch) but as far as the end user is concerned, the app icon will change and you can access it on a desktop / multiple logins. And now there is a ‘mindfulness’ and sleep section. Or need to hype it up as a massive deal because the cost has gone up to £4/month or £21/year?

Attachments

It’s rubbish you can’t even download the sleep stuff as I hate not having my phone on aeroplane mode at night.

Reactions: 4
Is it just me or is it a little strange to have your own name on your child’s weaning bowl?

....and if it was gifted like that, surely it should be declared as per ASA rules?
Maybe it was Ella's bowl from when she was little and it has a sentimental value.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
All of this “we work every hour we can” and “it has to be early in this house” oh duck off would you. It’s so damaging to say these things, ellas audience are likely quite vulnerable and overwhelmingly female. If they see that she’s getting “success” whilst working every hour they will compare themselves to her, and even if they’re working incredibly hard they likely won’t be at a comparable level.

This is due to the fact she was born into immeasurable money and business advice. That’s what’s got her where she is, not the fact that they’re wasting their youths and time with young children on this damaging folly.

No one else can do that.

It’s bad for mental health to see this on social media. For all that she claims to be trying to improve physical health this is awful for young women’s mental well-being and someone should have a word.

Unless, cynically, she’s doing this on purpose so that when people message saying they feel down she can direct them to her app, ergo more sales.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
For someone who's apparently in the business of 'wellness' (though I think DE is nothing more than a money-making enterprise these days) Ella really doesn't look great right now; she's increasingly pale and drawn and just looks worn out. To me, she actually looks ill here. I hope the way she's living her life right now is what she really wants (not just what her husband wants) and that it's all worth it in the end.

Screenshot_20211006-074833_Instagram.jpg

Who were their investors? Yes, she looks very unwell, pale and with shadows under her eyes. Hosting the bank at the restaurant……at least the bank won’t have to pay for the food.

Reactions: 5
It does feel a little weird that she keeps banging on about buying out their investors, her customers don't really care, it's just an excuse for her to humble brag!

Additionally it doesn't feel like as much of an impressive boast as both Ella and Matt come from inconceivable amounts of wealth. Part of me wonders if they are taking care to say "family owned" because they had a lot of family help in buying their investors out 🤔 they're peddling such a ridiculous fake life like they started from working class backgrounds and it really grates!

Reactions: 18
It’s interesting they are now targeting corporate memberships with their wellness app. I can totally see big corporates like banks signing up for it as for a relatively small sum per employee you can tick off the ‘what are you doing about mental health and well-being for your employees’ question.

can you imagine the poor souls approaching HR on the verge of having a breakdown because their line manager is a psychopathic monster and the HR rep going ‘yes but have you tried the meditation on the deliciously Ella app? And there is a great podcast about managing stress’ 🤪

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
For someone who's apparently in the business of 'wellness' (though I think DE is nothing more than a money-making enterprise these days) Ella really doesn't look great right now; she's increasingly pale and drawn and just looks worn out. To me, she actually looks ill here. I hope the way she's living her life right now is what she really wants (not just what her husband wants) and that it's all worth it in the end.

View attachment 796546
To me she actually looks fine 🙈

I still think it is too much information to share, you can tell this your friends and family on your personal insta, but what business tells his clients/followers they are hosting a financial advisor?

I find it unprofessional

Reactions: 13

View attachment 796546
She always has crazy eyes

Is it just me or is it a little strange to have your own name on your child’s weaning bowl?

....and if it was gifted like that, surely it should be declared as per ASA rules?
That ain’t Bolognese 🤣🤣🤣🤢

I still think it is too much information to share, you can tell this your friends and family on your personal insta, but what business tells his clients/followers they are hosting a financial advisor?

I find it unprofessional
I was just going to say the same. Bizarre

I don’t think she looks too bad, it’s just that stupid face she pulls. She needs to open her mouth when she smiles and stop bulging her eyes she looks manic

they are promoting burnout and overworking idgaf what they say. bleeping idiots

Reactions: 8
She’s an insufferable bore. Their family life doesn’t appeal to me at all it’s like she’s trying to prove something all the time . Defo crazy eyes these days and looks about 40 as lost so much weight. Your family are minted Ella regardless of whether you “work every hour” you will be fine. You would think she has come from nothing how she goes on . She came along at a good time … the right time got a good break but she won’t remain that successful. Her cereal bars are shite …. Dry and boring. Cereals are ok but very over priced. All the same boring recipes on the app. Chickpeas , thahini, pesto , lentils , repeat lol . I of course cancelled before the free trial was over so I didn’t pay. She’s trying to prove that she’s doing things differently and spending soooo much time with the girls while being a full time bad ass business woman. Let’s be honest the nanny is doing 85% of the heavy lifting and she is just lying to herself that she’s “doing it all” . Can’t stand people like her so far removed from reality … do a day as a nurse Ella and let’s see how u survive and spend your days off doing childcare for without your nanny 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
They've certainly got the pricing structure right

Screenshot_20211011-104355_feel better.jpg

I do think the tracking thing is ridiculous, surely most of that you'd have to input yourself making it beyond tedious? Then again I have a smart tracker and only wear it for exercise, these rings in general I don't think are particularly healthy - I know when I haven't had any exercise or if I've had a bad night's sleep.

Screenshot_20211011-104440_Google Play Store.jpg

Then again I'm never going to subscribe to one of these influencer apps when all the stuff can be found elsewhere. I hope this time they actually invest in putting in new content rather than launching and barely adding to it.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.