Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
16B6A3D8-6629-4770-BC91-8C6769E3332C.png

It really surprises me that this is what her house now looks like, in contrast to the flat she use to own before Matt which was so modern. This looks like it’s from the 70’s. Her taste has definitely changed…

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I know, I don’t like the style at all. V grannyish.

Reactions: 4
There’s no thread for Livia but since so many here follow both: I think she’s had the baby early, it’s suspiciously quiet on her social media...

Reactions: 1
The style is very "I just moved into a brand new build called trellick tower", it's got a certain merit and it does all match nicely even if it isn't for me.

She probably had a fight club IKEA moment realising how generic her modern flat was and yearned to be something different and unique.

Not asking for anything doxxing, but does she live in a period house in Kensington and Chelsea?

Reactions: 3
There’s no thread for Livia but since so many here follow both: I think she’s had the baby early, it’s suspiciously quiet on her social media...
She's been posting today. Still a few weeks to go, unless the baby's early.

Wonder if Ella and Matt plan on having any more children.

View attachment 769664

It really surprises me that this is what her house now looks like, in contrast to the flat she use to own before Matt which was so modern. This looks like it’s from the 70’s. Her taste has definitely changed…
She reminds me of a LA blogger who became really successful and had quirky style and a cute house.
She then met her now husband, through a work event, who is a decade plus older and who took over the management of her "company"/blog.
They now have a shop and a few cooperations with retailers and brands.
The blogger's popularity tanked immensely.

They now live in an expensive but boring house, similar beige/brown/bland like Ella's now, and also have empty stares.

The similarities are baffling.

She reminds me of a LA blogger who became really successful and had quirky style and a cute house.
She then met her now husband, through a work event, who is a decade plus older and who took over the management of her "company"/blog.

They now live in an expensive but boring house, similar beige/brown/bland like Ella's now, and also have empty stares.

Has to be Emily Schuman? Her new house could not be more bland. If not her then this kind of thing must happen to a lot of bloggers!

Yes, I meant her!

Isn't it eery how her husband also took over the management of the brand she created and there is an age gap?
Yeah, Geoffrey runs the whole show there. Similar dynamic to Matt and Ella, I think. Also, Geoffrey looks quite like Emily's dad, which I've always found a bit strange! 😄

Reactions: 2
View attachment 769664

I always wondered whether she inherited her MiL home & its contents because it’s all very twee, the style of a much older woman. I couldn’t live with all those patterns & all that stuff 😬

I don’t know the blogger you’re referring too but you’ve hit the nail on the head with Ella and Matt. I don’t have an opinion on him as a person, however, I find it really sycophantic how she always posts about how amazing he is at leading her business forward. Kind of sad that she doesn’t feel able to lead it herself and needs a 40 year old white man to do it for her.

Reactions: 8
I don’t know the blogger you’re referring too but you’ve hit the nail on the head with Ella and Matt. I don’t have an opinion on him as a person, however, I find it really sycophantic how she always posts about how amazing he is at leading her business forward. Kind of sad that she doesn’t feel able to lead it herself and needs a 40 year old white man to do it for her.
I guess he had a decade or so in an actual job (albit with all the nepotism to get there). Maybe she hasn't got a great deal of real life experience outside of her bubble?

Reactions: 5
I guess what I find so puzzling is that both of these young women set up a brand that (at least initially) was quite young and girly, and then their older male partners come in to manage the business - instead of appointing a CEO, COO or business advisor these girls chose to work with their partners and their partners chose to focus on these (at that stage) girly and quirky ventures, instead of pursuing opportunities that should be better suited to their maturity and interests.

Reactions: 3
I guess what I find so puzzling is that both of these young women set up a brand that (at least initially) was quite young and girly, and then their older male partners come in to manage the business - instead of appointing a CEO, COO or business advisor these girls chose to work with their partners and their partners chose to focus on these (at that stage) girly and quirky ventures, instead of pursuing opportunities that should be better suited to their maturity and interests.
I find it a bit misogynistic TBH. I know a lot of these influencers are problematic but you can't deny they've created their own business and success. I find it really sad when their male partners swoop in and try to share the credit or take over. Same happened with The Anna Edit and her content went down the toilet.

Reactions: 9
I find it a bit misogynistic TBH. I know a lot of these influencers are problematic but you can't deny they've created their own business and success. I find it really sad when their male partners swoop in and try to share the credit or take over. Same happened with The Anna Edit and her content went down the toilet.
Yeah I agree. Ella is always at pains to say that Matt does everything “find yourself a husband who will spend 2 years creating you the perfect chocolate bar”… “Matt has lead this project entirely”… “Matt is the CEO and leads the company”

She is so privileged and has got to where she is because of that, but that’s not to deny she hasn’t worked hard. It is pretty grim when you think about it, that she built up a company and then when it gets successful hands it over to a middle aged white man for them to take all the credit.

It’s almost so she can keep her girl next door image “I’m not smart enough to do this myself. I’n only good at posting photos to Instagram, but I’ve found myself a successful businessman husband” 🤮

Reactions: 12
Fancy some bread & butter at Plants by DE? That'll cost you £6.50. Carrots £11 - is this a joke?!

Screenshot_20210921-073647_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Who says she needs him to do it? Maybe it’s just a choice they made that makes sense for them. Just because it’s happening doesn’t mean she is unable or needs him to do it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.