Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that's the thing, it's not just she's a bit privileged. She was born into something that most people (including myself) can't even fathom.

Ella, 26, was born into wealth — an estimated £40 million of it. Her father, Shaun Woodward, was in Gordon Brown’s Cabinet, while her mother is Camilla Sainsbury, of the supermarket dynasty. She boarded at Rugby School in Warwickshire and grew up in a £24 million Oxfordshire mansion, with holidays alternating between the family’s £7 million villa in the Hamptons, an apartment in the Alps and a holiday home on the private island of Mustique.

It's no wonder her parents were contacts of Jeffrey Epstein with the circles they'd mix in.

I'm not suprised she demands that medjool dates must be used for her recipes. With her background maybe it's unfair to expect her to understand how some people would find it daunting to buy normal dates at Lidl.
Exactly this, I also think that the estimation may be conservative, they will have trust funds and who knows what in Switzerland hidden away.

Deliciously Ella is a vanity project and although they show they work very hard it is a small part of their $.
What she should do in my opinion is source local food from farms in Kent/Surrey/Sussex and create vegan and sustainable food, pay her staff above living wage.
We all know she can afford to do that, so many entrepreneurs have to make money because they live of their job but she really doesn’t have to

Reactions: 11

Yel

What she should do in my opinion is source local food from farms in Kent/Surrey/Sussex and create vegan and sustainable food, pay her staff above living wage.
I don't think she wants to do any of that. She wants the vanity of her brand in hundreds of supermarkets across the country and a restaurant that serves a slither of aubergine with mousse for a tenner. I know I say it a lot on the grace Beverly thread also, but these people share more attributes than they'd care to admit with someone like trump 😆

A real shame that it's setting back veganism, so many guys from the reviews walking out saying they're hungry after £30pp.

The supermarket range surely can't expand much more. I wonder if she'll do burgers and sausages as that's all that's left? Such a crowded segment though.

What's in the plants by DE potato hash to make it so black? Doesn't look good even without the burnt bits, but the reviewer said 5-stars
Screenshot_20210903-122038_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 1
I think it is too much information, no other business would share this detail in their thinking process and etc etc.

This is one reason I cannot take them seriously as a business. What are they?
Influencers?
Business owners?
Entrepreneur?
Health promoters?

They don't really have an identity, they appear bland to me.

Reactions: 7
Do we think "our bank" is Sainsburys Bank, where they can get favourable interest rates and incentives to take out the loan?
"raising money from our bank" is very different from taking out a loan..

I think it is too much information, no other business would share this detail in their thinking process and etc etc.

This is one reason I cannot take them seriously as a business. What are they?
Influencers?
Business owners?
Entrepreneur?
Health promoters?

They don't really have an identity, they appear bland to me.
To me she’s just a very successful influencer. It’s only been in the last few months the DE Instagram picture wasn’t a picture of Ella, and that the profile name hasn’t said Ella Mills but instead says Deliciously Ella.

Probably trying to remove her identity with it a little.

Reactions: 1
Totally agree, so unprofessional. There’s no way she would have succeeded with this business if it hadn’t been for her background. The way she acts she must be so out of touch with the real world, probably has absolutely no clue that going out for a meal at her restaurant could be the same cost as someone’s weekly food budget. She could really do with a reality check instead of all these people praising her in the comments.

Totally agree, so unprofessional. There’s no way she would have succeeded with this business if it hadn’t been for her background. The way she acts she must be so out of touch with the real world, probably has absolutely no clue that going out for a meal at her restaurant could be the same cost as someone’s weekly food budget. She could really do with a reality check instead of all these people praising her in the comments.
I have noticed this with other influencers too, trying to imply they are just people who have built a business from the ground up rather than rich influencers who have been involved at the right time and largely built a business based on followers (if anyone else here follows the Grace Beverly thread it is exactly the same)

Reactions: 5
To me her life sounds like a nightmare - works all hours of the day with no days off, barely sees her little girls, only sees her husband when they’re working, as her Instagram story said they have a handful of friends (nothing wrong with that) but a “teeny tiny social life”, guessing they don’t see family either. They just live to work , how can she preach about balance and the importance of being mindful etc when her priority is her business and she has no down time. I think there will come a time when her babies are older and it will hit her just how little time she spent with them, these young ages are some of the best and most important stages of their little lives and she misses them all, also the fact that she acknowledges that she doesn’t spend enough time with them but doesn’t change that. The best things in life are spending time with your loved ones and your friends and family etc . My life is rich with that love and time I get from quality time with my friends and family so no I’m not jealous of her life at all, even with all that money I wouldn’t trade my life with hers. I find her life quite sad really they’re always striving for the business but what about when they’re at a point when theyre done with that and are older? I think they’ll look back and possibly be able to say well look at that great business we grew in all those years but what else will they be able to say?

I don’t know why she didn’t wait a few more years for children, she’s only 30. She doesn’t have time for them so why make that decision! She could’ve waited a few years where DE got to a point where she could have a bit more time off

Reactions: 11
To me her life sounds like a nightmare - works all hours of the day with no days off, barely sees her little girls, only sees her husband when they’re working, as her Instagram story said they have a handful of friends (nothing wrong with that) but a “teeny tiny social life”, guessing they don’t see family either. They just live to work , how can she preach about balance and the importance of being mindful etc when her priority is her business and she has no down time. I think there will come a time when her babies are older and it will hit her just how little time she spent with them, these young ages are some of the best and most important stages of their little lives and she misses them all, also the fact that she acknowledges that she doesn’t spend enough time with them but doesn’t change that. The best things in life are spending time with your loved ones and your friends and family etc . My life is rich with that love and time I get from quality time with my friends and family so no I’m not jealous of her life at all, even with all that money I wouldn’t trade my life with hers. I find her life quite sad really they’re always striving for the business but what about when they’re at a point when theyre done with that and are older? I think they’ll look back and possibly be able to say well look at that great business we grew in all those years but what else will they be able to say?

I don’t know why she didn’t wait a few more years for children, she’s only 30. She doesn’t have time for them so why make that decision! She could’ve waited a few years where DE got to a point where she could have a bit more time off
I agree, having kids felt a bit rushed when she's barely known Matt long enough to get married, and like you say, she's really young. She could have spent some serious time setting the business up and getting it to a steadier place, maybe hiring more help to do the bulk of her work, and then spent more time having a family. I really don't get the marriage kids rush she had with Matt, seemed so unnecessary!

I do think they overegg how much they do to be fair though, anyone that busy wouldn't spend so long talking about how busy they were on social media 😂 I wonder if her time management skills could be better!

Reactions: 8

Yel

She's such an influencer and show pony so I wouldn't take her flexes about working so so hard for so so long too seriously.

Maybe she does work long hard some days, but being the boss can take any days off when she wants to. She's in complete control of how much she works and what she spends her time with.

It's so different having the choice to work or not, compared with the little people that don't have those options available.

Not that I begrudge that some people are free, but effectively the work is a hobby. So it's very disingenuous her posting about how much she loves work when her work is nowhere near comparable to the drudgery many experience with work.

Reactions: 15
I do think it’s because Matt’s 39. He probably didn’t want to wait.

It’s not how I’d want to live my life - she’s far too overcommitted to too many different things - but I can see why they’d want to build their family early if they can afford to.

Reactions: 6

Totally agree, there is only so much money you need, I thought his burnout would have given them pause for thought but evidently not. it is sad to live in a city with so much to do like london and not take advantage of it imo.

Reactions: 4

Yel

I do think it’s because Matt’s 39. He probably didn’t want to wait.

It’s not how I’d want to live my life - she’s far too overcommitted to too many different things - but I can see why they’d want to build their family early if they can afford to.
With some of the stuff Matt has had to deal with like his mother's public cancer battle around the time he married Ella and his dad with whatever he was found guilty of and jailed after working as Berlusconi's lawyer (was it just cash bribes for corrupt information or was there fraud too?) I can't blame him for wanting to settle down seeing as they have the means.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
With some of the stuff Matt has had to deal with like his mother's public cancer battle around the time he married Ella and his dad with whatever he was found guilty of and jailed after working as Berlusconi's lawyer (was it just cash bribes for corrupt information or was there fraud too?) I can't blame him for wanting to settle down seeing as they have the means.
Who has been found guilty? Ella's or Matt's dad? I had no idea about that.

Reactions: 2

Yel

Who has been found guilty? Ella's or Matt's dad? I had no idea about that.
Matt's dad, the scandal even has its own wiki entry

These two with their families are only a step away from so many world leaders and billionaires. It's kinda wild when she's all on social media pretending to be a blogger that just found fame and a literary agent and book deal from working and pitching like a pleb 😆

PSX_20210908_183106.jpg

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.