Deliciously Ella #3 Deliciously delusional and munchable Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she enjoyed the business leader / entrepreneur / CEO identity as a differentiator from the other food industry heirs swanning around Chelsea doing duck all. Especially when she moved into the tech area eg launching the app. But at a certain point it ran away from her, she hit the her limit and that’s when her Dad brought Matthew into the picture. He love bombed her, promised to rescue the princess from all her problems… and here we are 🤢
He’s gaslight her so well that she really thinks he saved her, not the other way around.

Reactions: 16
I can’t stand Matthew, he’s probably emailing his side pieces on the laptop.
there is something incredible sleazy about him. I’ve never met him but I can tell the sort of vibes I’d get from him. I know the sort of aura and things he’d say. He’d humble brag about his wife’s accomplishments and claim them as “theirs” which would eventually, somehow because “his”

He’d be deeply insecure but present as very arrogant, which will come across as confidence to people in his circle.

he’ll be a total snob and deep down, believe he is better than anyone he decides he is.

He’d have the sort of temper that comes from his deep seated entitlement. Ask him to move or wait in a queue? He’ll eventually erupt and pretend it’s because of the inconvenience, but deep down he’d be affronted he was dared denied something he felt was his due.

I’ve met many a man like Matthew.

As for Ella? She’ll be the meek quiet type who has always understood she would never be expected to have a career, but to engage in some flimsy philanthropy and support her husband at company dinners. She’d have understood she was always going to marry someone like Matthew and is well accustomed to his type from her social set.

She won’t ever have been told directly that she should just “shut up and put up” with the men in her life, but somehow there has always been a quiet understanding/expectation.

the whole DE was her branding and her achievements as it were, and deep down she probably knows Matthew is a weak insecure man. But she can’t bring herself to ever tell him his ideas are tit or this whole thing isn’t what she really wants. Instead she nods and smiles and goes along with it all and pretends, pretends, pretends.

Affairs? Smile and pretend. Nasty tempers? Smile and pretend. Having your company steamrolled into something you never really wanted? Smile and pretend. Knowing that he’s not half as capable as he makes out, but still think that’s a better option than doing it alone? Smile and pretend.

Reactions: 20
This is wellness 😂😂 on a black tote bag. Another market leading idea from Ella and Matthew! How DO they come up with such brilliantly creative ideas?!

At least Ella put her foot down and didn't let Matthew design a clashing old people's home printed bag, that would have sold even fewer bags

Reactions: 5
I think this hits the nail on the head tbh…
Absolutely hits the nail on the head. And this would still have been exploitative of her - but she probably would have been happier that way than her setup with always busy CEO Matt?!

Reactions: 3
She's never going to sell many of them "this is wellness" bags. The reason for them must be a clapback for the criticism she's had.

What next? "This is thin", "this is rich"

Reactions: 7
there is something incredible sleazy about him. I’ve never met him but I can tell the sort of vibes I’d get from him. I know the sort of aura and things he’d say. He’d humble brag about his wife’s accomplishments and claim them as “theirs” which would eventually, somehow because “his”

He’d be deeply insecure but present as very arrogant, which will come across as confidence to people in his circle.

he’ll be a total snob and deep down, believe he is better than anyone he decides he is.

He’d have the sort of temper that comes from his deep seated entitlement. Ask him to move or wait in a queue? He’ll eventually erupt and pretend it’s because of the inconvenience, but deep down he’d be affronted he was dared denied something he felt was his due.

I’ve met many a man like Matthew.

As for Ella? She’ll be the meek quiet type who has always understood she would never be expected to have a career, but to engage in some flimsy philanthropy and support her husband at company dinners. She’d have understood she was always going to marry someone like Matthew and is well accustomed to his type from her social set.

She won’t ever have been told directly that she should just “shut up and put up” with the men in her life, but somehow there has always been a quiet understanding/expectation.

the whole DE was her branding and her achievements as it were, and deep down she probably knows Matthew is a weak insecure man. But she can’t bring herself to ever tell him his ideas are tit or this whole thing isn’t what she really wants. Instead she nods and smiles and goes along with it all and pretends, pretends, pretends.

Affairs? Smile and pretend. Nasty tempers? Smile and pretend. Having your company steamrolled into something you never really wanted? Smile and pretend. Knowing that he’s not half as capable as he makes out, but still think that’s a better option than doing it alone? Smile and pretend.
They both come from very wealthy and well connected families so if you think about it, Ella is probably still going to get the type of life she actually wants. I mean she is designing an incredibly expensive kitchen for a house somewhere and there was a lot of hints about a move to the countryside.

CEO Matthew probably negotiated himself a few years of playing big boss. I’m fairly sure they have a pretty solid prenup because a good chunk of their starting equity was Ella’s parents money. Also their wedding was at Ella’s mum’s property.

I think Ella just generally does not have a personality so she just goes along with whatever makes her feel important and gives her engagement and validation on IG.

But they also look super NOT compatible as a couple. They do say opposites attract but they just look super forced and uncomfortable next to each other whenever they take pictures together. There is exactly 0 chemistry. Matthew probably “steps out” and Ella is happy she has the Insta perfect family but does not have to put out.

Reactions: 8
‘Wellness’ will be debunked and cancelled sooner or later, just like ‘clean eating’ was.
Except this time, it will be much harder for Ella to remove all traces of association with the word…

Reactions: 7
Matthew probably “steps out” and Ella is happy she has the Insta perfect family but does not have to put out.
Matthew has no time for stepping out for he is a super serious business man who works a 300 hour week dontcha know

Also I think Ella getting pregnant when she had a newborn debunks not having to put out, cannot think of anything worse than the chafing on fresh stitches 😵💫 for me that alone shows how his needs are prioritised above her own

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Matthew has no time for stepping out for he is a super serious business man who works a 300 hour week dontcha know

Also I think Ella getting pregnant when she had a newborn debunks not having to put out, cannot think of anything worse than the chafing on fresh stitches 😵💫 for me that alone shows how his needs are prioritised above her own
But she had a perfect home birth of course. And lay in her bed for a month being waited on with heavenly nutritious garlicky mush

• Haha
Reactions: 10

She had a home birth etc. also “just get it over with” strategy.

Reactions: 1
Her current stories ‘look at everything we have achieved over the years’ with the unsaid ending to that being ‘with all the money that we have had backing us. With the knowledge that if we failed it didn’t matter at all. With the private educations and live in nanny and central London house and contacts of the family’. Zero recognition of all of these.

Reactions: 21
In other news… it seems their “Plants” range has had quite a few new products launch in Waitrose this week and Ella hasn’t even bothered to advertise about it 😅 Too busy bragging posting all over the business account about her personal life milestones from over the years instead. Surely that’s what the personal account she made is for?!

Reactions: 4
In other news… it seems their “Plants” range has had quite a few new products launch in Waitrose this week and Ella hasn’t even bothered to advertise about it 😅 Too busy bragging posting all over the business account about her personal life milestones from over the years instead. Surely that’s what the personal account she made is for?!
That's ridiculous, how hard is it to post about a new product? I would love to see a real diary of what her day to day life looks like, she cannot be that busy that she can't do a quick post publicising her products

Reactions: 3
I’ve just had a look at the reviews on Waitrose for her Lentil soup - my god. 1 Star Reviews Galore, followed by 4 ‘5 Star’ Reviews clearly written by Ella and her team. 😂
Most of the positive review have her favourite buzzword ‘Warming’ in them 😭😭😭. The usernames are so made up on the spot.
Every negative review has been downvoted.

But every review besides her own are negative. Was hilarious reading through all of these. Must be a PR nightmare.
---
I’ve just had a look at the reviews on Waitrose for her Lentil soup - my god. 1 Star Reviews Galore, followed by 4 ‘5 Star’ Reviews clearly written by Ella and her team. 😂
Most of the positive review have her favourite buzzword ‘Warming’ in them 😭😭😭. The usernames are so made up on the spot.

But every review besides her own are negative. Was hilarious reading through all of these. Must be a PR nightmare.
Also - all the positive reviews have her classic spelling errors riddled all over!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11

---

Also - all the positive reviews have her classic spelling errors riddled all over!

noticed that as well…and they are so pricey

Reactions: 5
As someone who used to work there I can confirm they get their staff to write positive reviews.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
This is legit sad… this is all they can come up with for their anniversary… legit 0 effort to make sure they look after their own relationship and marriage…
Very fitting that their anniversary feels more like a humble brag about their business.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.