Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Walkthehemline

It was horrific. Their culture is to bully their way to getting things done. Matt blamed his team working from home for a reduction in sales. Most people hate it there. The staff turnover is dreadful. It’s chaotic. There’s no celebration of good work/outcomes. There’s no care for their staff well-being. The contract terms are awful.
---
Case in point…evening website meetings?! Surely their team have families and friends they would like to see? Hobbies and much better things to do?!
I had a look on LinkedIn at how many past employees there are and the churn is phenomenal! And no wonder. What a nightmare. I'm sorry you had to deal with any of that. It's bad enough being in a toxic workplace without the double indignity of working for people who clearly have no idea what they're doing.

Reactions: 10

Nitfey

VIP Member
Not gonna lie but it's look like Matt the CEO is just shish at everything he does and turn to crap everything he touches...no wonder they don't have shareholders anymore because an actual board would just fire him in an instant.

bluefox9

And...of course they watch Golf before bedtime, whatever keeps Matthew happy. I wonder how often they watch what she wants/likes
Was just going to post this! It seems all Matt ever does in the evening is sit on his laptop (working) or watch golf… does he ever make time for Ella as a person/wife rather than just seeing her as a business partner?

E431E42F-849C-4241-89F4-0510E5610429.jpeg

• Wow

Mmmmmm

VIP Member
Omg she's on ANOTHER vacation?!! 😂
So relatable isn't she not? With all the private jets she takes she might as well be eating meat, to be honest I am pretty sure she does behind closed doors...She is only away again because she has to celebrate another birthday the most simple way she knows...Rest assured though that munchable Matt is on his laptop/phone 24/7 because you know he is a CEO right?!?! Here is a footage of him working while on vacation...

• Haha

Clover123

VIP Member
Matthew is at the door of the kitchen clutching handfuls of tassels and a moodboard of clashing busy prints like Ella?? I'm brilliant at interior design, why won't you let me in?!

• Haha

Nitfey

VIP Member
And where is the best ceo husband ever. 7 days in the new year and she has not praised the guy. I'm SHOOOOOOK.

• Haha

bluefox9

After around 30 (last time I checked) 1 star reviews and multiple negative posts about them on the DE Facebook page, I see their “ultimate plant-based burger” appears to have been removed from Waitrose now? The other burger (the miso one) is still listed online for now but surely not for much longer…

On the Facebook page in response to the negative comments, the DE admin tried to blame the poor burger quality on a “production issue” btw 🤣 Couldn’t possibly have just been amazing Matthew the CEO not getting things quite right eh

• Haha

Walkthehemline

The faux modesty is so bloody irritating. “The brand feels surreal at this point. Everywhere I go I see something that we make.”

Ella, you’ve been making “oh golly gosh” videos of spotting your products in Whole Foods/Sainsbury’s/wherever for more than ten years. I think you’ve adjusted.

---

As if she made yet ANOTHER of those videos right after I wrote this 🙃

• Haha

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
“People who spend 120 minutes a week in nature see a boost to their mental and physical health” yes let me just drop my full time job, my excruciatingly expensive energy bills and all my other responsibilities to fuck off on a ludicrously expensive holiday for a week. So out of touch
I mean… spending two hours in nature does not have to be a trip abroad. BUT still. Not everyone has access or time or the means to go out into actual nature. And… you can be out in nature all you want if you worry about how you’ll buy food for dinner.

Nitfey

VIP Member
- children are an obstacle for a slow morning and slow evening relaxation

- at work forcing employees to medidate and take Dino quiz

- matt ceo is taking the business down the road to bankruptcy because inflation and recession means more people want to buy useless shit.

tam

Chatty Member
It's hard to go wrong when those items are full of dates, coconut sugar, rice syrup and maple syrup - sugar by 4 different names.

Some of the items are OK, the issue I have is they're still not really healthy. They're slightly healthier than ultra processed foods, but still have lots of undesirable ingredients like cheap unhealthy canola oil and coconut oil. Adding some seeds doesn't make it healthy.

I'd rather have a popadom than her chips, much healthier, nicer, cheaper and not high GI like her rice based chips.
Sugar is sugar, whatever you name it. Coconut sugar is no better for you than regular sugar. Its only if you eat about 100g of the stuff would you get a fraction of nutrition.

• Heart

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
“Early in my career” - she is literally going to start denying where and how this all started as if she started talking about food and started her blog when she actually had any nutrition related degrees or proper knowledge.

Also - isn’t she shilling processed foods now?!

Aardvark

Chatty Member
I saw her new pasta in Waitrose and it has no usp at all. Its a basic durum wheat pasta. Its not even wholewheat or gluten free.
They are really making things difficult by entering so many different categories at once. Dried cupboard staples, nut butter, pesto, frozen goods, chilled, snacking etc. Maybe Waitrose is treating them like an incubator brand with full support but it’s going to be hard to make a mark on any one of those categories without knowing what you are doing

I don't know how she wears such expensive items around kids and while cooking sloppy food- I would need a tub of vanish permanently attached to my hip! I have a lot of clothes that have lasted a decade which I bought as a student from charity shops, Primark and new look and are still going strong. I'd never buy something NOT intending to keep it for five years! I don't even really understand the mindset that they think they are doing something new by buying clothes to wear for a few years, shows how much they usually throw out I guess!
Most of the clothes I have owned for a few years and that are good quality are from charity shops. Some of them I have been wearing A LOT and they still look good. I don’t understand why Ella feels like buying expensive clothes just because they last longer is a good enough excuse. Also, the fact that she feels like she has to explain her choices proves that she subconsciously knows that there are other ways and she just seeks a pat on her shoulder and a validation that ‘don’t worry, we completely understand that buying luxury stuff is so much more ethical than spending the money at H&M’. She could easily promote buying second hand for the environment - especially that being eco friendly was for a long time something that she used to brag about. Now it’s all about getting £400 jumpers and a million coffee cups just to find ‘the one’. And I’m sure she gets Amazon like every second day so I guess being eco friendly is passé. She has changed for even worse this woman.

• Sick