Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bluefox9

‘Taking a break for the first time in about 2 years’. Does she actually believe herself. In the last few years she’s posted several breaks, far more than the average person. So so strange that she keeps pushing the idea that she’s a workaholic super mum on her followers
Yeah… no words! I remember she had at least two, if not three, sunny family holidays to Spain/Portugal last year. Plus they went to Lapland in December and away for Christmas. Even just a few weeks ago she was down in Devon or Cornwall?!

Reactions: 12

swedishmisfit2

Ok…I know it’s been commented on before about how she doesn’t give a shit about the environment…but OF COURSE she flies to Amsterdam! It’s a three hour train ride from London which isn’t actually that bad when you get to avoid travelling out to the airport, avoid long security and border control, etc. Embarrassing, honestly. And even if the train is pricier, I don’t think it matters at all when it’s a company paying. Especially a company that’s supposedly doing soooo well 🙄

queenamber

VIP Member
It's so cringe. Would Jeff Bezos be on IG stories bragging about his record sales figures? Comes across so desperate.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
They want a content creator and a social media manager and in the first paragraph she says “executive” and then she says junior. Tell me you have no HR person without telling me…

• Haha
Reactions: 11

rosieflowers

VIP Member
Im going for sliced bread 😂 pioneering plant based sliced bread obvs because bread has never before been plant based of course

• Haha

Meg78

VIP Member
If he works 16 hour days 7 days a week like that then clearly he’s not doing his job properly

• Haha

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
Hahaha I haven’t read that 😂 He is a bit of a knob tbf, doesn’t make the podcast and book any less interesting though.

I remember seeing a programme on the BBC a while ago he did where they showed UPF alters your brain, so I imagine he’s now very anxious about letting his kids eat it?
His wife said that she cooked a ready made lasagne after a long hard day working and picking up the kids, he sat down, having done nothing, and refused to eat it and lectured them all on the ingredients. She says their kids don't like chicken nuggets anymore, probably because their dad rants at them for eating them.

I'm sure UPFs are bad for the brain but eating disorders and a dad who is a massive louse probably are too. Sorry, it really rubbed me up the wrong way if you can't tell 😅

• Wow

Jas119

Laughable that the article gives top tips on wellbeing from Ella, why didn’t they provide these from a professional. She’s clearly in no position to be giving out advice to others. Crazy that she has a podcast on wellbeing too, why are people taken in by her, she has no clue like the rest of us.

Jas119

The misuse of italics and not having uniformity with placement is giving me rage

View attachment 2180870View attachment 2180871
She mentions strong brand but surely it’s the last thing from a strong brand. The ‘Plants’ range for Waitrose just completely confuses the brand identity when she’s still selling similar products under the Deliciously Ella brand name in other supermarkets, it makes no sense!
Plus there’s another brand called Plenish who make dairy free milk and their packaging looks very similar to me.

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
So their kids were just super sick. Like sitting in a&e all night kinda sick. But then they put them a plane… these two really are not normal.

• Wow
  • Sick

bluefox9

I’m very confused, for years she championed a gluten free diet…. I know she started to trial adding sourdough and rye but there was no more information on it, and suddenly it’s just absolutely fine to peddle durum wheat for profit under her name? I originally started using her products as a trusted gluten free source, but now I can’t trust any of it to actually be healthy
I agree… for a point of difference and as a plant based health brand you’d think she’d at least have some lentil or quinoa pasta or similar? Something naturally (but not overtly) gluten free?

To be fair I think Plants is really Matt’s “baby” though, and he’s all about making cheap products rather than quality products a DE customer wants

Meg78

VIP Member
She mentions strong brand but surely it’s the last thing from a strong brand. The ‘Plants’ range for Waitrose just completely confuses the brand identity when she’s still selling similar products under the Deliciously Ella brand name in other supermarkets, it makes no sense!
Plus there’s another brand called Plenish who make dairy free milk and their packaging looks very similar to me.
I hadn’t spotted the Plenish rebranding and you’re absolutely right they could be from the same company!

IMG_5814.png

• Wow

Meg78

VIP Member
I looked up the jumper she’s wearing today, it’s £400. I know she says she only buys things she can use for a minimum five years, but that’s still a ridiculous cost, it makes cashmere look like Primark pricing!

• Wow
  • Sick

Meg78

VIP Member
Matthew probably “steps out” and Ella is happy she has the Insta perfect family but does not have to put out.
Matthew has no time for stepping out for he is a super serious business man who works a 300 hour week dontcha know

Also I think Ella getting pregnant when she had a newborn debunks not having to put out, cannot think of anything worse than the chafing on fresh stitches 😵💫 for me that alone shows how his needs are prioritised above her own

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
I can imagine he's got a super fragile ego and either rages or sulks if he's not constantly told how amazing and entrepreneurial and maverick he is 😂 so Ella probably does the public ego stroking :)sick:) to stave off his moods
Yeh I'm not a fan of her but he seems absolutely awful and is sort of ruining her brand imo, wouldn't be surprised ifnsooner or later they launch something totally off brand like fizzy drinks or something meat based

smirkingrevenge

VIP Member
Loving the financial detective work and debate guys, keep it coming. My view based on everything you guys have put forward is somewhere in tjr middle. I think the family have bailed them out in the past and they have definitely misrepresented it - making out the super stressful boss babe investor buyout was to regain total control over the business rather than a family backed divestment of a failing business. And as others have suggested any investment the Woodwards or Mills made would all be very sensibly managed/ advised on - if necessary used as losses against their massive income or gains every year 🤢 I work in valuation for tax purposes so see some trust structures and it appals me how little tax these people often get away with paying

The most importnat thing is that for people like this, Ella, Matt and their children's personal assets and standard of living will never be at risk. They're never going to lose their million pound house in London and their kids are always going to go to private school. Somehow they will always manage to shield themselves from personal loss and that's why it's so false and unbelievable when she acts like she's any sort of self made woman because she will never know what it's like to not have the most luxurious of safety nets.

Making out she is a working mum working all hours God sends to make or break her (silly vanity) business, with kids sick from nursery... it's just an insult to people who really are in that situation when she could just 'call your dad and he would stop it all'
No other business owner, no matter how successful, would be able to postpone a product meeting like they did with their meeting in Italy… which surprise surprise still did not happen. She took several days off last minute just because she didn’t feel like getting out of bed. That is a luxury very very few of us can afford. I’m in a super privileged position (not financially) where if I tell my boss I’m not ok to come in he just responds with a thumbs up or ok and no questions are asked. But my bf that works at the same place but different department can’t do that… however I still had meetings where I had to drag myself out of bed, down all the migraine meds I could get and get to the meeting because it was on a level where you don’t just shoot a text it the morning you can’t make it.
Imagine cancelling product launch or development abroad cause your kids are sick… but then also having time to get your hair done.
On many ways I don’t judge Ella. Like her expensive clothes or house. But when she claims she is busy yet she ALWAYS has time for hair appointments, he nails are always done and her skin is always flawless thanks to the mega expensive treatments she has… she takes the piss. Being busy means you don’t even have time to think about booking a hair appointment and speaking from experience you can NEVER properly work at a hair salon.

User41137788

Matt literally tells people in interviews ‘this isn’t a 9 - 6 job’. Such a red flag when they are basically telling you that you’ll have no down time and be on call the whole time.

• Wow
  • Sad

rosieflowers

VIP Member
I had been getting confused with Plenish! I'd seen the packaging and thought that was Ella's stuff but was confused why it had a slightly different name. The name is similar, font is similar, colour scheme is similar and layout with image of the food is similar 😬 Plants doesn't stand out at all