Defunct websites from yesteryear that you miss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Napster. It was my lifeline for so long. Can’t remember the name of the one that came after but it was never as good. 😩

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember smarterchild on msn messenger!? Was a bot. God I remember trying to outsmart it and be sassy towards it 🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I was on problempages.co.uk for YEARS. Made some lovely friends on there - even met some in person. God there were some dramas! I used to spend hours on there every day pretty much.

Reactions: 1
Not quite as far back as some of these but when I was planning my wedding in 2011 there used to be some great wedding forums with lots of dramas. I liked Hitched and youandyourwedding.

ETA Hitched still seems to exist but is like a ghost town!

No mention of Face-Pic or FaceParty? They were the original ancestral Facebooks. Faceparty eventually attracted a more mature crowd and petered out into a dating site. Face Pic on the other hand was for teens. An adult on there would have quickly been brandished a nonce. There was a top 5 popular profiles and some dude from the Blazing Squads younger brother was always the top 1.

Teen Chat was the first ever website I would regularly frequent as a young girl. Like another poster said, what were we thinking? Looking back titles such as ScotsLad111 were quite suspish. I sometimes used to use a teen forum called The Junction, but the demographic grew quite gothic, which wasn't my scene. As time went by I preferred UK music forums such as RWD and UKgarageworldwide or downloading music from Napster and Limewire. There was also a more illusive one, when those 2 started charging but I can't think of the name. Eventually MySpace, but I then became a mum and suddenly felt too uncool for it, so gravitated towards the early MumsNet and a website dedicated to hating in laws, called Ihatemyinlaws.com and read the updated stories on the homepage on a daily basis.

There were a few mobile ringtone sites I enjoyed. One had a forum which was popular with teens in the UK, can't remember what it was called but there was some very suspicious people on there.

SteakAndCheese if you wanted to know what the scene of a motorbike accident or someone born with an extra digits looked like.

I used to look at Karmaloop for clothes I knew I wouldn't afford the shipping fees on. I did love looking at the clothing on SpoiledBrat and the original Asos.

I remember using Homstead to construct a website that served no specific purpose other than a few pictures of me and aload of those doll icons.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Around 16 years ago my children's father had kid brothers and I was totally miffed and perplexed that they would spend their real pocket money in exchange for items that didn't physically exist on Habbo Hotel. I would even mock them for it. Now our own kid essentially does it with Fortnite. He possesses an account worth well over a thousand pound and don't even play the game anymore.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Piczo -would love to remember all the memories
Myspace -same reasons
Channel 4 forums - always enjoyed them sad they don't run them anymore.

Reactions: 3
Worldpop
Dotmusic
MSN Messenger
Old school Digital Spy before it went tit.

I used to read an Eastenders blog. It was really well written and fun to read, albeit quite nasty at times about the appearance of the characters. To my knowledge it was written by a member of the DS forums that was kind of cast out.

Neopets still around?

Also used to go on Gaiaonline. My bastard brother got my account banned though and it was never the same again. He asked for passwords in the forum when I left myself signed in.

Stardoll too!

Awkward family photos and sorry to say but the original version of Perez Hilton

Neopets still around?

Also used to go on Gaiaonline. My bastard brother got my account banned though and it was never the same again. He asked for passwords in the forum when I left myself signed in.

Stardoll too!
I loved gaiaonline! I spent actual real money dressing up my avatar 🙈🙈

• Heart
eBaumsworld
Miniclip - there was a game on there called “Boneless Girl” I don’t even know how to describe it but got banned from all the computers at school :ROFLMAO:

& I remember a website that was so strange I can’t for the life of me think of the name but had really weird videos. One was the “badger, badger, badger, badger, badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM” song.

I miss the early 2000’s:cry::ROFLMAO:

eBaumsworld
Miniclip - there was a game on there called “Boneless Girl” I don’t even know how to describe it but got banned from all the computers at school :ROFLMAO:

& I remember a website that was so strange I can’t for the life of me think of the name but had really weird videos. One was the “badger, badger, badger, badger, badger MUSHROOM MUSHROOM” song.

I miss the early 2000’s:cry::ROFLMAO:
Weebl and Bob for the badgers 🦡