Defunct websites from yesteryear that you miss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yes 😂 I think I definitely managed to infect our family computer downloading stuff off there.. and bit torrent. I don’t know if that’s still going
Pirate bay was another one…took a whole night to download an album 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Pirate bay was another one…took a whole night to download an album 😂
Omg don’t 😂 i used to use that too I think it’s been taken down now. My parents would have absolutely killed me if they knew I was downloading these dodgy torrents! those big old desktop pcs were expensive to replace if you got a virus that messed it up! I risked it all 😂

How did I forget about Akinator. We used to spend hours on there at sleepovers 😂

Reactions: 8
Lycos search engine in the pre-Google days.

ASOS back when it was As Seen On Screen and sold copies of stuff Paris Hilton had worn.

Reactions: 7
Never mind the defunct websites, what about the defunct browsers we had to surf on? Netscape Navigator, anyone? 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
yes 😂 I think I definitely managed to infect our family computer downloading stuff off there.. and bit torrent. I don’t know if that’s still going
Haha oh god we must have had all sorts of viruses, just glad they weren't as bad then as can be now. At least managed to watch all new films and get all cds I wanted haha

Reactions: 3
Live Journal. It was like an online diary. Used to update mine regularly and read all my friends' updates too. No idea if it's still on the go.

Loved Yahoo groups too and Angel Fire message boards 😃
I used DeadJournal, don’t know if it was supposed to be an edgier version of LiveJournal or what? Just what all my mates used c2000s 🤣

Reactions: 1
I miss the glasgow survival website and ebaums world 😭 the internet was so much better back then

Reactions: 1
Gosh so many…but one that has a place in my heart was Piczo…made so many websites on there. And also Pirate Bay (now lost to the internet) I used to download everything on there :LOL: So many happy memories…

Reactions: 2
There is a soap in my country on which a lot of the characters have incredible wardrobes.

A few years ago there was a fantastic website that told you where all the clothes were from - I think they may have also given details of the soft furnishings used in the sets, too ... it was great.

I don't know why it ceased operation - it seemed very popular.

Reactions: 2
The Freeserve chat rooms! (where I met my husband). Also Napster and MSN Messenger. AOL was very popular too, and Yahoo!

I was on Claranet for internet access which showed you a little table of your meagre time allowance per day and the quite high cost at the time, plus the phone line was tied up then.

Reactions: 3
Napster/Limewire/Bearshare

MSN messenger

MySoace

the original ASOS (As Seen On Screen)

Frank Is Frank (really good clothes site where you could buy Paul Frank & Motel clothes)

Truffle Shuffle (for all the cool slogan T-shirt’s!)

Teen Chat (seemed so innocent at the time but wow, what were we all thinking?!!)

Reactions: 5