Defunct websites from yesteryear that you miss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I miss Bebo so much! I was a proper Bebo kid 😀
Bebo days ❤ putting your best friends at the top.🤣 When we fell out we moved them down 🤣 giving love everyday. Man, I miss it.

I was also on MySpace💙 god, it all feels so old🤣

Also I know the website is still here, but I used to play this game 🤣 (EE makeover game)

MySpace
Bebo
Eastenders dress up game
Stardoll (think it's still about but I used to play it when I was younger 😅)
Bin weevels
Club penguin
I used to go on the Hollyoaks forum on the c4 website when I was like 13 and I loved it 😅
My scene
Jeez down memory line!!!
I've just looked and yep Star Doll is still here!! 😮 I thought it wouldn't be. Remember playing this.
EastEnders makeover, yes!!!!
AOL forums
I used to be on the C4 forums and Hollyoaks too!

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I know it's still about but when DS (Digital Spy) got rid of the General Discussion/Showbiz/Politics forums earlier this year and turned them into read only mode it died IMO. I enjoyed reading them. Way to ruin your forum.👎

So I don't even go on it anymore. I suppose it's a good thing as I'd never have found here which is way better. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
MSN messenger was the tit. After school, that's what I'd be on 🤣
literally from the moment i stepped in the door until the moment I went to bed, with a brief break for dinner :ROFLMAO: remember that obviously fake rumour that if you typed "bomb" they would start moniroting your conversation so everyone just did it all the time :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
what was thta weird game that was on encarta? I remember playing it while pretending to study in the computer room so we didnt have to go outside in break.
anyone else use the MTV 2chat sites? I used lots of really dodgy chat forums and looking back SO many of the people were clearly adults pretending to be teenagers
Yes I used the MTV chat sites and I also found a good friend through the pen pal section on the MTV music teletext pages. Also C4 had one on their teletext music section "Planet Sound", I think it was called "Zine" and people left their email address and what bands they were into. It does seem so dodgy now 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Girl Land, I wish I could speak to some of the people I just to speak to on there!

Reactions: 3
Yes I used the MTV chat sites and I also found a good friend through the pen pal section on the MTV music teletext pages. Also C4 had one on their teletext music section "Planet Sound", I think it was called "Zine" and people left their email address and what bands they were into. It does seem so dodgy now 😬
I remember almost giving my home address to a girl who claimed to be in the US and wanted to orgamise an exchange for me to visit her, I shudder to think now, I did find some nice people albeit no one I am in touch with anymore

• Haha
ICQ chatrooms and mIRC

A random pepsi website where you could listen to little snippets of the top 40 (this was like 1999)

the original miniclip

MSN messenger

MySpace

Reactions: 2
WattPad/Fanfiction.net. I remember getting a bible story from the local church put through the letterbox. I typed it out word for word but replaced all the characters with Harry Potter characters, then posted it on WattPad. It got awful reviews/comments. :ROFLMAO: I loved reading Harry Potter and High School Musical fanfiction. There was also a story called "Keisha the Sket" that everyone at school talked about.

There used to be a BBC website aimed for teenagers. I forgot what it was called, but it would have advice pages and people could write in "real life" stories, a bit like an online version of Take a Break mag. I was bored one day, so I decided to write a story about a girl who makes friends with another girl who starts copying everything she does, then at the end they have a big showdown at a fairground. I submitted it to the website as a joke, thinking they'd ignore it, but a few days later they posted it! I was only about 12 or 13, but felt so embarrassed haha.

Bebo. I created a fan page for an X Factor contestant during the 2006 series. The contestant was not that popular, because Simon would criticise them every week, but they still made it quite far into the competition. People would write horrible messages about them on my page. I remember my password to the page was really easy and simple to guess. Someone (probably someone that disliked them) managed it get into my account and deleted it. I was devastated!

EastEnders dress up game, Ghosts of Walford, "Which character are you?" Quiz.

MyScene makeover game. StarDolls and other similar sites. Habbo Hotel. Flowgo website with the cartoons. The Barbie website where you could print things off.

Last edited:
Bored.Com
Handbag forum
MySpace - wish I hadn’t deleted mine would have been hilarious to look back on!

Oh, I loved Planet Sound. The Void (viewer's letters) was my fav. Big Fat Flying Bloke was my bleeping hero! 😁

• Heart
I cant remember the name of the site but the one that salad fingers videos and devvo.

Devvo was great all the stereotype chav stuff. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3