Defunct websites from yesteryear that you miss

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
MySpace
Bebo
Eastenders dress up game
Stardoll (think it's still about but I used to play it when I was younger ๐Ÿ˜…)
Bin weevels
Club penguin
I used to go on the Hollyoaks forum on the c4 website when I was like 13 and I loved it ๐Ÿ˜…
My scene

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Napster/Limewire/Bearshare

MSN messenger

MySoace

the original ASOS (As Seen On Screen)

Frank Is Frank (really good clothes site where you could buy Paul Frank & Motel clothes)

Truffle Shuffle (for all the cool slogan T-shirtโ€™s!)

Teen Chat (seemed so innocent at the time but wow, what were we all thinking?!!)
Truffle Shuffle is still there ๐Ÿ™Œ:)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not a defunct website as i just searched for it but stardoll where you could dress up models etc...does anyone else remember this or is it just me?

MySpace
Bebo
Eastenders dress up game
Bin weevels
Club penguin
I used to go on the Hollyoaks forum on the c4 website when I was like 13 and I loved it ๐Ÿ˜…
My scene
Literally just posted about Stardoll - definitely still about, glad its not just me who remembers it :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Bebo - send me luv โ™ฅโ™ฅโ™ฅโ™ฅ

MSN - the notification noise is still engrained in my head

Limewire - I loved destroying the houses computer ๐Ÿ˜…

MySpace - AHH I was so jealous of the American scene kids ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Does anyone remember tinychat? It was like a webcam chat room where they had a chat board and then multiple people on camera up above the chat. I remember having so many arguments with Americans on there.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The Yahoo chat rooms and MSN Messenger. I loved the noises on MSN of the doors opening and closing when you entered/left. Also โ€˜Yaahoooooooโ€™ - anyone remember that?!

I also use to use a chat client for Yahoo chat called Cheetachat. It was so cool and seemed the epitome of modern tech - emoticons and all!

In Yahoo Chat I used to spend most my time in a chat group called UK1. They had regular real life meet ups and it was so much fun. It was like a big family, including regular fall outs! I met a few people offline too and it was a right laugh. Happy, innocent days.

Reactions: 3
Bebo - send me luv โ™ฅโ™ฅโ™ฅโ™ฅ

MSN - the notification noise is still engrained in my head

Limewire - I loved destroying the houses computer ๐Ÿ˜…

MySpace - AHH I was so jealous of the American scene kids ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Does anyone remember tinychat? It was like a webcam chat room where they had a chat board and then multiple people on camera up above the chat. I remember having so many arguments with Americans on there.
I remember tiny chat. One time me and my friend trolled this big fat pedalo by getting him to take off his top and jiggle his moobs. We promised to kiss if he did that. Well we didn't ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜˜

Also was jealous of the American scene kids. If you ever read on lolcow, Kiki kannibal had a whole drama I didn't know about. It's kind of sad ๐Ÿ˜”

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I used Livejournal and ICQ back in the day. I met so many people on Livejournal and became good friends with them. As the site fell apart I slowly but surely lost touch with everyone.
Also MSN chat with the cartoon comic screen. Anyone remember that? You used to be able to be a cartoon character? I loved that ๐Ÿ˜‚

I miss Encarta. The much-missed bridge between book encyclopedias and Google ๐Ÿ˜‚
what was thta weird game that was on encarta? I remember playing it while pretending to study in the computer room so we didnt have to go outside in break.
anyone else use the MTV 2chat sites? I used lots of really dodgy chat forums and looking back SO many of the people were clearly adults pretending to be teenagers

Reactions: 2
Handbag.com for me too. Home of the legendary โ€˜which way do you wipe?โ€™ Thread ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 6
There used to be a website dedicated to the Carry On films, it was called Carry On line. It was both a fun and knowledgeble place. It came to an end, when the producer of the films - Peter Rogers died. The owner.of the site closed the site quite suddenly. I miss the banter, and the other members of the site, though I never got within the inner sanctum! Good times.

yes ๐Ÿ˜‚ I think I definitely managed to infect our family computer downloading stuff off there.. and bit torrent. I donโ€™t know if thatโ€™s still going
One time I downloaded something (I think it might have been Linkin Parks Meteora album) and it came with a virus. Next time my dad was using the computer a pop up with a very large black lady getting โ€œattended toโ€ by four burly bald men popped upโ€ฆ my dad was mystified as to how itโ€™d happened. I can remember it clear as day!

My innocent days of the internet were MySpace, neopets (still going but gone to tit), LiveJournal and DeviantArt!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Face party, is that still going? Vampirefreaks as well.
Hollyoaks used to have a forum part with message boards. I got told off for mentioning Trey from the OC got shot to โ€˜Hide and Seekโ€™ by Imogen Heap. I was so upset I created a new account as I didnโ€™t want people to keep being angry at me ๐Ÿ˜‚
Neighbours (when I watched it) had an Australian website which told you what was coming up in the next week and had pictures. As someone who canโ€™t help herself when it comes to spoilers, I was all over that!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
MySpace
Bebo
Eastenders dress up game
Bin weevels
Club penguin
My scene
Omg I loved hollyoaks forum used to spend college ddays on it

Reactions: 1