Deactivating/Deleting Social Media

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just read this thread and deleted Facebook and Instagram apps from my phone 😀 I’m always comparing my life to others and it’s damaging I think. If I was born 50 years ago I wouldn’t have a clue what my classmates were up to and I wouldn’t care.

I’ve got people on there from school, who I didn’t even speak to and wouldn’t give me the time of day, and I’m updated with their life and children?! Why???!!! 🤯🤯🤯🤯
I refuse to accept friend requests from people who treated me like dirt in school, they can go to hell, I end up blocking them.

Reactions: 2
The worse thing is I love reading, but my attention span is terrible now. Being online a lot just ruins your concentration. It’s all swipe here and click on this so when you read a book or a magazine it is hard to keep focus on one thing. I used to read lots of books but it has reduced so much. It was a resolution of mine to get back into it, it is relaxing and escapism. It is crazy how much focus has switched to sitting mindlessly online. Or you read about lazy husbands who spend their time in a chair on a games console not engaged with family life, only interested in gaming. Same thing I guess.

This relates to teenagers but I think it applies to a lot of adults too.
Apps like instagram and TikTok have been designed to be additive. The Silicon Valley set send their kids to Waldorf schools which aren’t fans of technology. I would worry about younger generations being brought up with phones from birth.

Well Done on trying to cut back.

Reactions: 3