Dawn O'Porter

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh one of those people who is funny for a bit but soon becomes insufferable. And I'm sorry but begging for stuff when you are rich AF is so undignified and amoral.

Reactions: 10
Have they moved back to London permanently now? I know she's come back for a few months at a time before, but I saw she'd brought her cats with her this time

I don't mind Dawn, but go though periods of avoiding her instagram because of the constant complaining about tiny things

Reactions: 1
It’s hard to keep up. They’d moved to Canada at the start of the year for filming Chris was doing but she mentioned leaving pets then.

Have they moved back to London permanently now? I know she's come back for a few months at a time before, but I saw she'd brought her cats with her this time

I don't mind Dawn, but go though periods of avoiding her instagram because of the constant complaining about tiny things
Chris is in a play in London. They move about for his work as she’s now a writer so can work anywhere! But I’ve never known them bring the pets before, so they must be back for a long period?

Yeah she answered a comment and said that they'd be back for several months so brought the pets. They were 3 months in Canada I think, so it must be longer in London this time.

Pretty sure they still have the London house? The one there was the endless mouse saga in a couple of years ago?

Not sure how this is all going to work when the kids get older. Maybe they just won't be able to travel like this.

Reactions: 2
I thought beg but she said she already had a booking and it fell through. And did seem genuinely panicked.

I think I like her, but she is A Lot and she’s very enamoured of herself - but why shouldn’t she be I guess? What a great life.

Last edited:
It also does irritate me that she doesn't acknowledge her privilege.

People talk about Chris being a millionaire by now, but of course Dawn herself is a millionaire in her own right. Like or loathe her books (I was NOT a fan of The Cows) she is a bestselling author a few times over. She's independently wealthy.

Fair fucks to her and all, but does she think we're actually dense and don't realise?

They sold that tiny bungalow for $1.8 million, doubling their money, and bought a very fancy 5 bedroom for 2 million+.

But it's all "lolz, so relatable, amirite?" and COME ON.

Reactions: 6
And I’m sure I’ve read her say they ‘flip’ houses.

I dunno. Do we expect self flagellation? They’re rich, they work for it, they enjoy their lives 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I thought beg but she said she already had a booking and it fell through. And did seem genuinely panicked.

I think I like her, but she is A Lot and she’s very enamoured of herself - but why shouldn’t she be I guess? What a great life.
Very odd for a booking to fall through? In my old job I had to book hire cars all the time and none ever fell through. Probably lying!

I used to like her but she’s up herself now and she can’t stand any form of criticism like most ‘influencers’ (she’d call herself an author though!).

And I’m sure I’ve read her say they ‘flip’ houses.

I dunno. Do we expect self flagellation? They’re rich, they work for it, they enjoy their lives 🤷‍♀️
Yes they’re rich so why is she after free stuff? 🤔

Nah. She ended up on a train. That’s a ball ache gamble. With 2 little children!

I meant acknowledging her privilege really - we seem to expect that now I think. Maybe she just thinks she earnt it and all the moaning is entertaining because she is so quirky and funny.

Last edited:
I used to really like her and now she is starting to irritate me.

The whole feeling guilty about climate change is a bit tiresome being as she lives a life full carbon footprints.

But it's ok because she only buys vintage and uses recycled loo roll.

I cant stand celebs who spout off about this when they contribute more damage that your average lay person.

Emma Thompson is another one. Flew from America to London a few years ago by private plane to take part in a climate change protest.

Reactions: 8
I have always liked her but yeah she is starting to get on my nerves lately.Not the climate change thing - I think she has immediate responses to things and post about them and I kind of like her for that - we do what we can and I’m not sure what you’re supposed to do when half your life (family)is on another continent. IMO it’s business travel has done for the world - I spent a year in global corporate and I was astonished and disgusted at the travel, the frequency, the brief spells (UK to US for 2 nights), the absolutely no thought to any alternative options. Vile.

It’s the qerkiness that’s getting on my nerves. It’s such a creation. Wafting about being just so retro. I might be done with it.

I have to say, I like Dawn, but the half dozen grid posts about oysters last night nearly pushed me to unfollow

Reactions: 4
I'm trying to imagine updating thousands of people via grid posts all evening long on whether I'm going to have diarrhoea or not......and I'm failing.

I'm confused. She can't get into Jersery to see her parents because of having to quarantine, because she had her vaccines in Amercia and they wont accept this.

She cant quarantine as one of the boys starts school beginning of September and they can't miss it.

Would you not make Jersey your first port of call, especially as she's desperate to see her elderly parents that hasn't seen for two years, which would have then allowed time for quarantine before school starts?

I'm guessing they are schooling in the UK, surely she is here then for at least a school year or is just school for a few months then will take him out to travel again?

That is really sad. I bet she must be devastated
She did a lovely post about it.

She was devastated when she lost her cat but then got two kittens quite soon after so wonder if she’ll get another dog?

I used to love all her posts about Potato and it’s funny Chris used to mention Potato’s eyebrows!

Yeah really sad about her dog.

In other news though she's still a rich witch and probably loads richer than when she first came on the scene.