Dating in Lockdown #2 The audacity of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This one was from the North East. I met him but there was constant accusations of me snapping other lads, having a breakdown if I was quiet blah blah..
Oh god. Was he in the army by any chance lol and name began with a T

Same, I have come to terms with it that it may never happen and with all the best intentions, people saying 'it will happen one day!' doesn't mean it will. These type of things don't come easy to everyone. I like to 'keep my hand in' so to speak, with the dating apps.

I can have a good life without a partner. However, I will always have mega anger at how the media acts like that can't happen, and how the world is orientated to give couples privilege in terms of the cost of things especially.
Me too. Like I've come to terms with fact I'm probs gonna be single. I think that if you don't stay with your childhood sweetheart or someone you met in your early 20s then you're fucked lol. Dating in 30s is just awful and there's no decent blokes. The decent ones give you the ick 😭😭😭 so I'm like you. Happy. Got friends. Got hobbies. Job. House. Just its annoying society doesn't make you feel like a whole person unless you're part of a couple.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I don't know how this will be received, but I have been in a relationship for 6 years now, and over the last 2 years I began missing my celibacy (this is my 1st long term relationship, and just let me tell you my 20s are far, far away from me); so like 3 or so months ago I uploaded a dating app... and OMG conversations were so dull and men so blah that I gave up very quickly. It made me wonder if lobotomies were massively performed while I was off the market?! 🤔
Which makes me feel so much empathy for all the single heterosexual ladies these days! And where I live we still can't go to the pub or anything...

Reactions: 3
I’m giving up looking, the men around atm are diabolical 😂
I'm glad this isn't just me haha I thought I was being picky. Then worried that I was that version of the female..... I don't think I'm particularly ugly 😪🤣 just seem to have been single my whole life lol

Reactions: 7
I'm glad this isn't just me haha I thought I was being picky. Then worried that I was that version of the female..... I don't think I'm particularly ugly 😪🤣 just seem to have been single my whole life lol
We’re not ugly.. Dating now is mental.

Reactions: 6
i probably should have waited for him @LaurieLaurie but anyway turns out he’s in hospital 👀

Reading some of the crazies stories on here puts me right off aswell. I couldn't cope with a sap 🤣
Hope you’ve read the first thread too 😅😅😅😅😅

This is now my new motto 😅 I’m gonna think about this anytime I’m talking to a man or queuing to get into the shops tbf
6EF39781-1024-4DBD-AA83-0C702F381B0B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Last time I used online dating was in 2015 and I swore I would never have an account again.

In the last 3 months, I downloaded & deleted Tinder, Hinge & OkCupid (I'm still traumatized from OkCupid to be honest). Each time without fail, I deleted my account after a few hours as it simply reminds me of the reasons why I don't want to engage in online dating. Quite frankly, it seems as though Ireland's unattractive men have all been gathered and dumped into these apps. Besides, I find a couple of points to be extremely disheartening:
  • In the past, I created accounts with pictures of me fully dolled up (make-up/hair etc...). I would get tons of hits. Then, when I decided to set up my accounts with natural pictures (with a mix of dolled up ones), barely got any hits. I'm not that unattractive - I get hit on by decent looking guys even without make up on (in real life, under normal circumstances).
  • The whole matching, but not talking. How difficult is it for a guy to send a message?
  • Finally, guys who try to initiate a conversation but write two words answers, not my cup of tea.
To be honest, my standards are even higher now. It is an effort for me to sit down and swipe and write to some guy I may see in weeks/months due to the restrictions, so it better be a decent individual. In any case, I've now deleted all the apps as I seriously think these apps make me lose hope in finding someone and I don't want to lose hope (though I'm turning 31 this year and have been single since 26).

I guess I can continue fantasizing on my crush until Prince Charming appears at my door (I feel like a teenager writing this).

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Yeah! I don’t think he’d lie about it and it’s very specific so I feel a bit bad for him. I was v close to trashing him 🗑 by lunch time lol.

I wish he texted first though lol 🙄
I've had many non paying ebayer folk use this line so I'm always suspicious and it's not one people would necessarily question lol

i probably should have waited for him @LaurieLaurie but anyway turns out he’s in hospital 👀

Hope you’ve read the first thread too 😅😅😅😅😅

This is now my new motto 😅 I’m gonna think about this anytime I’m talking to a man or queuing to get into the shops tbf View attachment 547380
I need to indulge in thread 1 .... or will it put me off more haha

Yeah! I don’t think he’d lie about it and it’s very specific so I feel a bit bad for him. I was v close to trashing him 🗑 by lunch time lol.

I wish he texted first though lol 🙄
I’d still back off and leave the ball in his court but I’m suspicious too.

I’ve deleted the tit I was talking to and Tinder and having a break from it.

Reactions: 2
I’d still back off and leave the ball in his court but I’m suspicious too.

I’ve deleted the tit I was talking to and Tinder and having a break from it.
A break is always good.

Was chatting to my pal the other night and we came to the realisation we’re be forever single as everything in the world is now online 😂

Reading some of the crazies stories on here puts me right off aswell. I couldn't cope with a sap 🤣
Trust me it isn’t about looks. I have friends/family who are very good looking and they struggle with dating yet some of my other acquaintances who aren’t super conventionally attractive have no trouble at all and are in happy relationships.

Has anyone written someone off because they’re not ambitious enough? As in not having a plan or an idea of what they want in early 30s?

Has anyone written someone off because they’re not ambitious enough? As in not having a plan or an idea of what they want in early 30s?
No, but as a result the relationship ended up falling apart because our different perspectives caused some friction.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.