Dating in Lockdown #2 The audacity of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor @anonesk223 just wanted to share some potential ick and I’ve gone all Crimewatch on the thread 😂 I just think we all need to talk more about past experiences with psychos, sociopaths, narcissists because they tend to follow a pattern of behaviour.

To lighten the mood a bit - has anyone watched ‘Dating No Filter’ on Sky One? They had a guy turn up to a date wearing a pair of dungarees. He said he was a DJ. He also really liked Disney. Took her to a ballroom dancing lesson and when they had to do the steps to music he stuck a rose in his mouth to dance it. I think my reproductive organs shrivelled and died. It was hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Poor @anonesk223 just wanted to share some potential ick and I’ve gone all Crimewatch on the thread 😂 I just think we all need to talk more about past experiences with psychos, sociopaths, narcissists because they tend to follow a pattern of behaviour.

To lighten the mood a bit - has anyone watched ‘Dating No Filter’ on Sky One? They had a guy turn up to a date wearing a pair of dungarees. He said he was a DJ. He also really liked Disney. Took her to a ballroom dancing lesson and when they had to do the steps to music he stuck a rose in his mouth to dance it. I think my reproductive organs shrivelled and died. It was hilarious.
😂😂😂 hahaha love that. So important to be aware though isn’t it?! I know I found it quite funny lol but it can be so easy to be sucked in!

Omg I need this tv show in my life haahahaha

😂😂😂 hahaha love that. So important to be aware though isn’t it?! I know I found it quite funny lol but it can be so easy to be sucked in!

Omg I need this tv show in my life haahahaha
You just need to be in a vulnerable mindset and then you can fall prey to them.

You do - it is very funny. They have comedians watching the dates too and commenting. It’s still on catch-up I think and some clips on YouTube like this one - this guy was a massive head.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve been texting a hinge guy who seemed decent and he initiated the idea of going for a picnic - I thought why not! He is pretty complimentary but I didn’t think much of it but he sent this last night:

“I think you're incredible, I know we haven’t met yet, but I'm pretty good at knowing what people are like.
Here is a guy who genuinely wants to get to know you. Meet you and see where it goes. Not like the other guys you've dated but they haven't treated you like you truly deserve. I just want to know you and I'm not going to change that about me”

Ladies, why have I suddenly got the ick😂😂😂
Sounds like love bombing or just desperation. Anyway, if I were you I would put the breaks on that train.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Help how do you flirt

basically I like this guy I'm talking to, and he has suggested the idea of a drink next weekend... and it's all going well, and we talk a bit, but I'm scared he's just going to friendzone me 🤷‍♀️ but I also find the conversation is flowing really well and idk help ha ha

Oh jfc this thread is making me glad I'm not straight 😭 but then again, you're lucky to even get a match on WLW tinder, let alone a message!!! I joined a lesbian cinema group and most of the people on it do nothing but talk about piercings and TikTok; I feel like a grandma and there's barely any age difference! 💀

Reactions: 4
Oh jfc this thread is making me glad I'm not straight 😭 but then again, you're lucky to even get a match on WLW tinder, let alone a message!!! I joined a lesbian cinema group and most of the people on it do nothing but talk about piercings and TikTok; I feel like a grandma and there's barely any age difference! 💀
Maybe you are too mature for people your own age. Have you considered someone a bit older and more sophisticated? Also what kind of cinema group?

Help how do you flirt

basically I like this guy I'm talking to, and he has suggested the idea of a drink next weekend... and it's all going well, and we talk a bit, but I'm scared he's just going to friendzone me 🤷‍♀️ but I also find the conversation is flowing really well and idk help ha ha
Nah don’t try to force it. Don’t try too hard and don’t sweat it.

Reactions: 1
I’ve been texting a hinge guy who seemed decent and he initiated the idea of going for a picnic - I thought why not! He is pretty complimentary but I didn’t think much of it but he sent this last night:

“I think you're incredible, I know we haven’t met yet, but I'm pretty good at knowing what people are like.
Here is a guy who genuinely wants to get to know you. Meet you and see where it goes. Not like the other guys you've dated but they haven't treated you like you truly deserve. I just want to know you and I'm not going to change that about me”

Ladies, why have I suddenly got the ick😂😂😂
Oh bloody hell. What a weirdo. He's either a massive control freak and narcissist or like another poster said he thinks that what girls want to hear....or he's just a desperate weirdo. So odd. Please enter him in person and tell us! I mean what did you reply to that? Be careful if you do meet him!

Reactions: 2
Help how do you flirt

I think it's far better to keep chat light and friendly before you meet. You may not even like or fancy him in person.

Reactions: 5
Ffs gals. Call of duty boy from ick thread hasn’t said a word all weekend. I’ve jinxed it haven’t I 🥲
You can tell normal life has resumed 🤪 I’ve had radio silence too except for a couple of texts saying he thinks I’m unreal etc but I’m not too interested in him so he can crack on.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
You can tell normal life has resumed 🤪 I’ve had radio silence too except for a couple of texts saying he thinks I’m unreal etc but I’m not too interested in him so he can crack on.
Ughhh you’re right / it’s so true.

I want to meet this one, I have whittled my men from tinder texting roster down to two guys and he’s the top one lol 🥲😅

From when we last spoke I kinda knew he was going to the pub on sat then his parents today but the radio silence is very annoying 🙃. Guess it’s a waiting game to see if he texts me or just think the ship has sailed 🤷‍♀️

Does anyone else let the waiting game play out just so you have the satisfaction of leaving them on read before deleting their number or am I just a petty witch

Does anyone else let the waiting game play out just so you have the satisfaction of leaving them on read before deleting their number or am I just a petty witch
no , personally I hate ghosting or being left on read as a form of being told “I’m not interested”.

I always prefer to be honest. If I’m not feeling it i have always told a guy instantly/ within the evening of a date/ next morning tops.

I hate being strung along and why waste their time or mine. I really really really hate it when I get left on read like if there was one thing I’d banish it I think it’s this and often the cowards (not saying you specifically just men) way out of stuff. However, if they’re a p**** then course leave them on read and block EM xx

Reactions: 6
Ughhh you’re right / it’s so true.

I want to meet this one, I have whittled my men from tinder texting roster down to two guys and he’s the top one lol 🥲😅

From when we last spoke I kinda knew he was going to the pub on sat then his parents today but the radio silence is very annoying 🙃. Guess it’s a waiting game to see if he texts me or just think the ship has sailed 🤷‍♀️
Don’t hang around too much and make him wait for a reply if he does.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
no , personally I hate ghosting or being left on read as a form of being told “I’m not interested”.

I always prefer to be honest. If I’m not feeling it i have always told a guy instantly/ within the evening of a date/ next morning tops.

I hate being strung along and why waste their time or mine. I really really really hate it when I get left on read like if there was one thing I’d banish it I think it’s this and often the cowards (not saying you specifically just men) way out of stuff. However, if they’re a p**** then course leave them on read and block EM xx
Sorry I should have clarified

This guy has left me on read lol so now I just feel like petty payback :LOL:

I’ll only ever text once and think duck it if they don’t reply, live by the 3 day rule.
I sometimes post selfie’s and watch them crawl back and then remove them without a word 😂
Sorry I should have clarified

This guy has left me on read lol so now I just feel like petty payback :LOL:
How long has it been?

• Haha
I’ll only ever text once and think duck it if they don’t reply, live by the 3 day rule.
I sometimes post selfie’s and watch them crawl back and then remove them without a word 😂

How long has it been?
3 days lol after our first date which btw he was the one at the end asking for a second date and initiated another chat the same night! so I'm a bit baffled

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.