Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
Christ... so I got ditched a while back. He came crawling back (prob the new whatsapp pic 🤦🏻‍♀️) and we tried again. He’s just ended it again after 3 whole weeks!!!
Anyway... this thread has made me want to NEVER go on an app again. I live in a town where everyone has shagged everyone else already and they’re all awful anyway. I am mid thirties with children so that’s not an issue but I would like to just meet someone, date for a couple of years, then get married?!? Why is this suddenly a weird thing to want and by saying that’s what you want, immediately seen as a psychopath? What has happened socially in the last ten years?!? Why is it seen as so crazy to just want a bf?
Nothing like a new photo to get the vultures swarming is there?

Nobody wants to be exclusive imo, they all want to talk to 100 girls and see whoever they want while they want girlfriend vibes from you and this is men in their 30s that are balding quicker than my fanny on the night of a hook up.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Swiping through Tinder profiles of men 36+ must be one of the most depressing activities there is.

I'm always constantly astounded at the profile photos they choose. Like, seriously? THAT is your most appealing photo? The one of you sat slumped in the dark with a face like a smacked arse looking like you've given up on life? Jesus!

Just seen a bloke on there who I clearly remember back from the days of POF. Not only is he using the same profile pic, he has also managed to remain 35 for the past ten years!

I had a look at his other photos and the last one is clearly the most recent considering he looks like a worn out 47yr old 😂

• Haha
Ive been on quite a few first dates with people I've met on dating apps but I never like anyone enough to go on a second. Last week I went on a date with someone I have been talking to for a while and I ended up really liking him even though I really didn't expect to. We've been trying to plan a second date be we couldn't find a day that we are both free so the conversation eventually just fizzled out.
I showed my brother the convo and he told me that it seemed that I couldn't care less that we couldn't find a day and the guy obviously just gave up. I tried so hard to not seem keen (because I was VERY keen) that I took it to the other extreme 🤦‍♀️ then I felt so annoyed with myself and in a fit of rage I deleted his number (yes I am insane why do you ask) but now that I have calmed down and I'm thinking more rationaly I realise how easy it would be for me to fix it, but I can't bloody message him can I because I don't have his bloody number 😂😂😂😂
My only hope now is that by some miracle his messages me again but I highly doubt it
Im so sick of myself honestly hhahahhahah

• Haha
  • Sad

sleepflowers

VIP Member
To me 'doesn't take life too seriously' translates as 'you will give me free pass on anything and never call me out at all'

Reactions: 25

Lucyloulucy

Chatty Member
I’d just like to say that I once received an unsolicited dick pic from a guy who was also holding the sky tv remote for *comparison*. If SC filters is the worst complaint they have, then they are doing ok 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25

D_Wills

VIP Member
Screenshot_20210513-162428_POF.jpg

The last few sentences 😂🙈 what the hell is it with foot fetishes?? I've seen quite a few profiles that say it. Even was talking to a lad for a few days when he admitted it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Is it me or is every man a bloody expert in rock climbing?
And rambling. (Going on the kind of walks where you have to wear walking boots). I went on a walking date last year and didn’t know it was actually going to be a “proper walk”. He turned up wearing walking boots and leggings under shorts with a backpack. I was unprepared.

• Haha

Lucyloulucy

Chatty Member
he was (49) which is a LOT older as I’m 28 and I didnt actually set my limit that high although he said his was from 26-44 so we probably just popped up? I don’t know.
he had good chat/looked ok and seemed fine!
I too find it so creepy he found my Instagrams. I can tell he’s blocked me as it comes up with user not found. I suppose when you’ve said “oh what do you do” so I said, what’s your name (gave him only my first name not surname) and on my tinder profile my name is only an initial. You can find me. My mind is just blown.I guess block him back?
Just me that thinks a guy pushing 50 with his age range as low as 26 is a bit 🤮

misscl4

VIP Member
49EA471F-A69C-4067-A981-5CE42FE33FD0.jpeg
why would anyone care if you tan well? That’s the first thing that comes to mind? And warm? WTF

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Fuck me! I know we've discussed it before but if I see another effing profile with, "6ft because apparently that matters", then I'm going to go postal and smash a brick through my own window!

• Haha
  • Heart

Clarissah

Yup.
Thoughts please:
Has anyone had an awkward first date or one without any initial chemistry that ended up growing over time? And into a relationship?
Went on a date with a guy I met online. First date was awkward as hell and we met at an odd time so I had eaten but he hadn't so I ended up watching him eat. There was near zero conversation. We ended up going to watch a movie and I was feeling horny so I let him finger me during the movie since I figured I'd never see him again. Next day he asked me out again and we ended up having such a laugh. We dated for over two years and the only reason we never stayed together was he really wanted kids and I did not.

• Haha

LittleBird

Got a 2nd date Saturday, I'd love to avoid a walk. Does anybody have any ideas of what we could do please? I'm drawing an absolute blank 😂. I would suggest a pub garden but we did that last weekend and I drank 3 bottles of wine so it's a miracle we're having date 2 to be honest...

• Haha

Inforapenny

Chatty Member
Right I spent years of online dating and you need thick skin and a sick bucket most of the time.

However I had a break, readjusted my thinking, how I approached dating and really thought about what I wanted in a healthy relationship. In my time away I made myself high value and basically thought of myself as a fucking queen.
I then went on tinder and met my husband....yep tinder 😂 I realised calling all the shots works.
Men like women in control who know what they want.

You can totally double text.
Don't give the man agency.
You make the call.
Who gives a shit
If he's upset and put off by you asking and taking control then sod him....next.

• Heart
Reactions: 22