Dating in Lockdown #2 The audacity of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it me or is every man a bloody expert in rock climbing?
And rambling. (Going on the kind of walks where you have to wear walking boots). I went on a walking date last year and didn’t know it was actually going to be a “proper walk”. He turned up wearing walking boots and leggings under shorts with a backpack. I was unprepared.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
And rambling. (Going on the kind of walks where you have to wear walking boots). I went on a walking date last year and didn’t know it was actually going to be a “proper walk”. He turned up wearing walking boots and leggings under shorts with a backpack. I was unprepared.
That would be my worst nightmare 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Is it me or is every man a bloody expert in rock climbing?
I know!! I am fed up with all these men and their extreme sports photos where I can barely see their faces. At this point I am looking for a man who has no interest whatsoever in sports, which seems like one in a billion.

Last night I matched with a guy, thought I recognised him so did some of my librarian-level research, figured out he was in two musicals I saw in 2019 😂 I'm not sure if it's weird to bring that up if he says hello

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m watching this thread even though I hate men 😂
I’m single a year now, it has more pro than cons tbh. I really don’t want to touch the dating sites/apps at all but how tf do even strike up conversation with someone these days?

The main place I go is the gym these days and when I’m there I’m a sweaty red mess. I had an incident last Summer where I saw a cute guy and he kept looking my way. I smiled back and the look on his face was horror 😂 Sorry for not being a gym bunny who walks round in a bra with a full face of make-up.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This is my worst nightmare 😂

ETA I didn't continue scolling down and it looks like we all thought the same thing!

Reactions: 3
I love walking/hiking but not for a date 😣 My ex was a ‘rambler’ 🤢 and we went on a walking date once, I wore my Vans 🤣

Funnily enough there’s a walking group on Facebook thats for dates/walks/making friends. I joined it just before Autumn lockdown and never did any of it but there one of the admins was a quite a hot guy 🤣It’s called ‘Outdoor Mates & Dates’.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Does he mean after they broke up? Or while they were together 🧐 passive aggressiveness about exes really puts me off.
I could witch all night and day about mine, but I don’t 😂

D4FB6A23-830D-4FCE-9992-FC93C7265765.jpeg

Reactions: 7
I’m crap at online dating. Spoke to two men on fb dating, couldn’t decide which one I preferred, they both ghosted me. I met one via bumble. He talked me into going on a walk. Only I ended up driving somewhere I didn’t know and he directed me to a pub car park and I felt obliged to go in, even though I’d made it clear I didn’t want to. Then he declared he didn’t wear a mask because covid was a con. I quickly left! Then I started chatting to another who seemed nice, but his dog was very needy so he couldn’t leave said dog in the house alone! Why can’t I meet normal people? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m crap at online dating. Spoke to two men on fb dating, couldn’t decide which one I preferred, they both ghosted me. I met one via bumble. He talked me into going on a walk. Only I ended up driving somewhere I didn’t know and he directed me to a pub car park and I felt obliged to go in, even though I’d made it clear I didn’t want to. Then he declared he didn’t wear a mask because covid was a con. I quickly left! Then I started chatting to another who seemed nice, but his dog was very needy so he couldn’t leave said dog in the house alone! Why can’t I meet normal people? 😂
What is Facebook dating like?

Ps it’s likely not you, it’s just men

What is Facebook dating like?

Ps it’s likely not you, it’s just men
It feels a little less like dating and more like meeting people via friends if that makes sense? It tells you who you have mutual friends with but doesn’t tell your friends you’re dating! I thought it was ok, I’d go back to it I think!

Im just indulging in chats for fun now- he doesn’t ask much about me but he wants to give me 2-3 kids if I wear (which I think is a pretty basic black dress from ASOS that’s in a photo) and all my pictures are just pretty bog standard nothing showing/wholesome. . So far got his life story and cv from his bio. How nice is this, I’m pregnant all from a message 🥰 (I’m being sarcastic haha)
414C3924-181D-4B0B-BDDF-7F5F3CE89AF0.jpeg
B5830492-8785-4A95-93D3-83D98DD6F2DF.jpeg
1FF55294-7CB7-4009-8A91-E83D68A94FF4.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Im just indulging in chats for fun now- he doesn’t ask much about me but he wants to give me 2-3 kids if I wear (which I think is a pretty basic black dress from ASOS that’s in a photo) and all my pictures are just pretty bog standard nothing showing/wholesome. . So far got his life story and cv from his bio. How nice is this, I’m pregnant all from a message 🥰 (I’m being sarcastic haha)View attachment 533927View attachment 533930View attachment 533935
This has proper given me the ick 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Swiping through Tinder profiles of men 36+ must be one of the most depressing activities there is.

I'm always constantly astounded at the profile photos they choose. Like, seriously? THAT is your most appealing photo? The one of you sat slumped in the dark with a face like a smacked arse looking like you've given up on life? Jesus!

Just seen a bloke on there who I clearly remember back from the days of POF. Not only is he using the same profile pic, he has also managed to remain 35 for the past ten years!

I had a look at his other photos and the last one is clearly the most recent considering he looks like a worn out 47yr old 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.