Dating after lockdown #32 IM GOOD BEING PURE DRY (on a big jeep yatch)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to a festival yesterday with one of my best friends which was a good distraction, but now I'm coming down from the extreme high. The guy has gone away with some friends for 3 days, he flew out yesterday and replied to my messages in the morning and I told him safe travels.. he didn't even say thank you but whatever

I am so, so tired of this anxious attachment tit.

This has also taught me not to go all in with texting and voice notes so much in the first few weeks of seeing someone because it sets an unrealistic precedent. My best mate is also 29 and single, dating etc and she will text them only a couple times a day at the start so you can work up to it. Even if the guy texts a lot I won't entertain it in future, in the early stages. It sets you up for so much disappointment when it (inevitably, in my case) drops off
First of all you are enough and when you meet someone better suited to you will feel this.
I don't understand why you are keeping him around at this stage? Sounds like ye are both trying to slow fade each other but noone is pulling the trigger? Sounds like you are living in hope and he is probably living in hope of more sex.
While you may have anxious attachment style, what is happening currently isn't your anxious attachment, that's turning the blame to you. He clearly is not meeting your needs and also imo he is not evendoing the bare minimum.

Please end it with him. He may come crawling back but for now you can't allow him to treat you like this. Ending It will get worse before it gets better but I can already see so much growth (e.g not going so fast so soon-been there myself).

Maybe take a break for a couple of weeks..recoup. there will be another hot guy (you must be a hottie) and you will feel that hopeful feeling again. I'm pretty sure that is exactly what happened when u met current guy after the ghost. And it will happen again soon, I think we come out of these bumps a little more wiser and guarded.

Mind yourself x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve just caught-up from Friday afternoon, and let’s just say it’s been an emotional one.

@Clementine @Thank(space)you ❤ and I’m so sorry for the way some of us on here have been made to feel by your families.

@Universal Good to see you back and for those who are in relationships or not dating, I hope you know you are always welcome around here. This little place on the internet is so much more than a dating thread xx

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I went to a festival yesterday with one of my best friends which was a good distraction, but now I'm coming down from the extreme high. The guy has gone away with some friends for 3 days, he flew out yesterday and replied to my messages in the morning and I told him safe travels.. he didn't even say thank you but whatever

I am so, so tired of this anxious attachment tit. I am tired of not receiving a text and it ruining my mood. I'm currently sat in a park and intended to go for a run but I'm just sat here wallowing. I'm sick of not being enough for any man besides a duck doll, and being alone. It sucks when you feel a connection with someone and you can just tell they're not on the same level. It's not worth it. The whole of July being in contact so much and meeting every couple weeks was not worth it. I could have gotten over being ghosted back in June peacefully this summer but instead I'm hung up on this tit. Wish we'd just stayed strangers and I'd never opened the apps again

Sorry for being so miserable here again
---
Sorry more venting

It's just wild to me that guys can talk to you so much and still just see you as only good for sex
We talked about everything, so consistently, and had so much in common beyond sExUaL chEmIsTrY

Like what more do they want? Am I just not hot enough or what

This has also taught me not to go all in with texting and voice notes so much in the first few weeks of seeing someone because it sets an unrealistic precedent. My best mate is also 29 and single, dating etc and she will text them only a couple times a day at the start so you can work up to it. Even if the guy texts a lot I won't entertain it in future, in the early stages. It sets you up for so much disappointment when it (inevitably, in my case) drops off
Are you referring to the same guy? If so, just cut all contact. What are you gaining from this?

As another poster pointed out, this isn’t anxious attachment. You are totally enough - to me you’re setting sights on the wrong guys. He told you at the beginning he wasn’t into anything serious, and you’re not going to be the one to change him - you aren’t being treated as a “duck doll” when he’s been straight with you from the start.

Please, get off the apps and take the rest of the summer to being with your friends and having fun. Build up your self worth and make MJ oh your single life!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m the same - I need someone who is totally ‘together’ while I’m about 80% together and faking the rest! It doesn’t help that in my job I’m surrounded by strong and powerful men so that’s the ‘norm’ for me.

I do need to sort out what I want, which is someone funny and driven who can fit a curtain pole. Clever and practical are irresistible.

The last date I went on was a boring fucker and I felt like I was taking my grandad out for a walk from his care home.

I’m also really fit and healthy and if I look at men in their mid 50s many have health issues that makes us incompatible (I’m hoping to do a marathon next year) and play sport for a team. I know this is harsh but it’s true.

Send that text and let us know what he says. If I’m on my own with my kids I welcome so adult chat even if it’s by text.
I'm not quite 50 yet, but looking forward to it as every 50 yo woman I know is having the time of their life! But I am fit, healthy and conscious about my habits. And I've found this is total fetishised.. ooooooh you go to the gym?!👀 etc etc. Honestly I just use that as shorthand for we'll chat no further.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm not quite 50 yet, but looking forward to it as every 50 yo woman I know is having the time of their life! But I am fit, healthy and conscious about my habits. And I've found this is total fetishised.. ooooooh you go to the gym?!👀 etc etc. Honestly I just use that as shorthand for we'll chat no further.
I don’t need ‘saving’ and many men need to be in hero mode. I just want my equal.

@harveydean loving the low key but perfect update. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don’t need ‘saving’ and many men need to be in hero mode. I just want my equal.

@harveydean loving the low key but perfect update. ❤
I could’ve written this too. I was talking to my GBF about this, and basically I want to date myself 😂

Honestly this guy is cool. Like so cool. It’s actually painful. But so far he’s been rock solid and a proper man. No games, no silliness…and I tested him a few times whilst we were at the event (things like leaving a talk early and he left his friends to meet me…)

Even the other week he was meant to come over after work - we hadn’t specified a time but it started getting late and I messaged him to check. Putting up a trigger warning as this may be close to home after recent events, but he replied saying he’d fallen asleep and wasn’t coming.

I gave myself 10 mins and called him, and he was like, yeah I changed my mind etc…I’m in shock and then I heard my doorbell ring and he’s stood there, cool as anything…he’s like, you really thought I’d let you down?

After all the boys and cowards I’ve dated the past 18 months, it’s time I softened and trusted. It’s hard but he’s proving to earn it. I’m not ready to put a label on it, and although we’re not seeing anyone else he knows how much I’ve been messed around and isn’t trying to push me. Either we’ll get there or we won’t…

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I could’ve written this too. I was talking to my GBF about this, and basically I want to date myself 😂

Honestly this guy is cool. Like so cool. It’s actually painful. But so far he’s been rock solid and a proper man. No games, no silliness…and I tested him a few times whilst we were at the event (things like leaving a talk early and he left his friends to meet me…)

Even the other week he was meant to come over after work - we hadn’t specified a time but it started getting late and I messaged him to check. Putting up a trigger warning as this may be close to home after recent events, but he replied saying he’d fallen asleep and wasn’t coming.

I gave myself 10 mins and called him, and he was like, yeah I changed my mind etc…I’m in shock and then I heard my doorbell ring and he’s stood there, cool as anything…he’s like, you really thought I’d let you down?

After all the boys and cowards I’ve dated the past 18 months, it’s time I softened and trusted. It’s hard but he’s proving to earn it. I’m not ready to put a label on it, and although we’re not seeing anyone else he knows how much I’ve been messed around and isn’t trying to push me. Either we’ll get there or we won’t…
I’ve said this before but I wish this wasn’t an anonymous forum, I’d love to meet you in real life!

Have all the fun with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve said this before but I wish this wasn’t an anonymous forum, I’d love to meet you in real life!

Have all the fun with him.
Right back at you (all!) I know we’d have the best night swigging cocktails and putting the world to rights!

In other news…who’s going blind dating on Bumble at 7pm? 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
the last time i did the bumble speed dating the first guy i spoke to used DO YOU WORK as his opening line and i have never done it since 🤣

however the emotional journey of speaking to someone who seems okay and whispering pleasebecutepleasebecute while you wait to see what they look like cannot be matched.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
the last time i did the bumble speed dating the first guy i spoke to used DO YOU WORK as his opening line and i have never done it since 🤣

however the emotional journey of speaking to someone who seems okay and whispering pleasebecutepleasebecute while you wait to see what they look like cannot be matched.
It’s a rollercoaster, but always ending in disappointment.

Ive had 2 guys ask if I drive. Yes I’m employed and I have a car. It’s bizarre!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ladies I'd really appreciate some advice. I was seeing a guy for a while and we had to end things in May as he was moving away in July for work. The move got pushed back until October and I have seen him since and had such a lovely time but now he's become distant again. I know I need to move past this as clearly it was never going to work but I know he's on dating apps clearly looking for something casual in the meantime before he leaves and probably meeting other people.

I'm just really struggling with the feeling of rejection and the sadness that someone who I thought enjoyed my company would prefer to spend his last month here casually dating rather than enjoying seeing me while he can. I feel so deflated and I've just lost all self worth at this point.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Yay for the new thread!

VV and I had a talk last night, he told me I’m a lovely person and he appreciates my support, but he cannot commit to a serious relationship now due to financial issues. I’m glad he was honest with me, I feel so much better now that I don’t have any illusions and don’t pin my hopes onto him. I did not tell him anything about my feelings as I’m not 100% sure myself, the chemistry is very much there and the sex is great so I think we’ll continue as FWB while I’m still looking. I don’t think I will be waiting for him to change his mind and commit, it would be a lovely turn of events but very unlikely.

Sending much love to @Clementine and @Thank(space)you tonight ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ladies I'd really appreciate some advice. I was seeing a guy for a while and we had to end things in May as he was moving away in July for work. The move got pushed back until October and I have seen him since and had such a lovely time but now he's become distant again. I know I need to move past this as clearly it was never going to work but I know he's on dating apps clearly looking for something casual in the meantime before he leaves and probably meeting other people.

I'm just really struggling with the feeling of rejection and the sadness that someone who I thought enjoyed my company would prefer to spend his last month here casually dating rather than enjoying seeing me while he can. I feel so deflated and I've just lost all self worth at this point.
Is he definitely leaving? I've had a guy want to "make the most of it with me while he can before Brexit", dates kept getting pushed back etc. Imagine my surprise when, while sending him messages in a DIFFERENT bleeping LANGUAGE, I find him on twitter where he'd spent his weekend away getting things organised for the move actually at home, with someone else, tagging his very local location.

Either way, he seems to be making you miserable and atm this thread is 100% girrrrrl, bin him.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Yay for the new thread!

VV and I had a talk last night, he told me I’m a lovely person and he appreciates my support, but he cannot commit to a serious relationship now due to financial issues. I’m glad he was honest with me, I feel so much better now that I don’t have any illusions and don’t pin my hopes onto him. I did not tell him anything about my feelings as I’m not 100% sure myself, the chemistry is very much there and the sex is great so I think we’ll continue as FWB while I’m still looking. I don’t think I will be waiting for him to change his mind and commit, it would be a lovely turn of events but very unlikely.

i truly, from my heart, do not see the benefit to you continuing as FWB. you said a few days ago that you were falling in love with him (though now you’re not sure) while he can’t commit to anything for financial reasons (girl what is he in the mafia). i fear you wouldn’t be getting much out of this whereas he would be getting a LOT.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
20230813_202026.jpg

Can apply to any situation but thought it would be appropriate to anyone reminiscing about lost almost loves.

I also find it helps to remind myself of the lack of tact or sensitivity someone had towards me, then I'm thankful to escape how much more hurtful their actions could have been if we dated longer or were married or had kids.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm feeling a strong urge to pull back and withdraw today from Mr Tinder, he's not done anything wrong or slightly off, in fact he's quite the opposite really.
I'm just talking myself into being convinced I'll get hurt again like the absolute 🤡 I am

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yay for the new thread!

Financial reasons? What does he mean?

Do you really think you’re going to be mentally strong enough to do this? I know when I’ve considered a similar set up, there’s always been a hint of hope that he’ll catch feelings. It doesn’t work that way ☹

I'm feeling a strong urge to pull back and withdraw today from Mr Tinder, he's not done anything wrong or slightly off, in fact he's quite the opposite really.
I'm just talking myself into being convinced I'll get hurt again like the absolute 🤡 I am
bleeping liar I am scheduling my dick appointments in as I type
---
Yay for the new thread!

Don't you bleeping dare this will go absolutely tits up and you're better than that

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.