Dating after lockdown #31 More ghosts than a cemetery!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a tricky one but if things are as good as you say, it's surely ok to say Hi?
---
Tonight seems appropriate

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It's a tricky one but if things are as good as you say, it's surely ok to say Hi?
---
Tonight seems appropriate
I agree, perhaps message him this evening? No harm in that at all
Thanks both! I think it’s because I’m bored 😂 I’m going to head into town and get some jobs done and I’ll message tonight.

Even if I messaged now, I wouldn’t want a reply - I want him to spend time with his kids, not think about me! I’d even say that to him, so it’s a pointless exercise.

Just genuinely curious how people deal with these situations!

Reactions: 4
Thanks both! I think it’s because I’m bored 😂 I’m going to head into town and get some jobs done and I’ll message tonight.

Even if I messaged now, I wouldn’t want a reply - I want him to spend time with his kids, not think about me! I’d even say that to him, so it’s a pointless exercise.

Just genuinely curious how people deal with these situations!
One of my exes had a daughter who he saw on a Wednesday and Friday. I would generally leave him to it but message in the evening once I knew she had gone to bed as that felt most appropriate. However it's maybe worth a discussion with him as to what you both expect while he's with his kids? My approach is to play things cool and leave my man be when he's out with friends or with family, but I've been accused of not caring by being silent when all im doing is giving space. I guess it's a balancing act but if the lines of communication are good and you're meeting expectations then it's all good xx

• Heart
One of my exes had a daughter who he saw on a Wednesday and Friday. I would generally leave him to it but message in the evening once I knew she had gone to bed as that felt most appropriate. However it's maybe worth a discussion with him as to what you both expect while he's with his kids? My approach is to play things cool and leave my man be when he's out with friends or with family, but I've been accused of not caring by being silent when all im doing is giving space. I guess it's a balancing act but if the lines of communication are good and you're meeting expectations then it's all good xx
I think that’s a really healthy conversation to have. I suppose it’s different as I’m a single mum to my daughter, so I’m always in that headspace (although different as his children are much younger.)

Thank you, I’ll mention it when I see him next week. I have to remember he’s also got the ability to message me, so the fact he’s been quiet has set the bar.

I think I’d rather give him space and work from the outwards in, rather than insert myself and have to back off in the future.

Thanks again ❤

ps. @Clementine and @Thank(space)you I hope you’ve got a nice day planned

The guy I met a few weeks ago and I message every day. He’s consistent but not constant which is what I like. We’ve got plans for next week and there’s no anxiety around any of it (which is a first!)

This weekend he’s with his child who he’s not seen for 6 weeks (split parenting and she’s been away.) I know he has arranged a jam packed weekend so I haven’t expected to chat, but I haven’t heard anything. I feel calm with it, but I want to say hi and I hope he’s having a great time without inserting myself into their weekend together.

Should I leave it? My gut says to but I also don’t want him to know I’m thinking of him.

If I were him I’d like a message this evening to see how the weekend went, but otherwise be left alone.

Why am I overthinking this so much? 😂 I’m curious as to how everyone would deal with this ridiculous overthought situation?
Nah text him that's fine

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you again everyone, I spoke to a male friend about it yesterday and his advice was to say a wee mantra about it everytime I start to think about him: “he messed up, it’s his loss”. This friend is a trainee clinical psychologist so maybe there’s something in that 🙃

I can’t lie though, I’m still in absolute shock and feel like the wind has been taken out of me. Had been on such a high since I’d known him to now be feeling such utter despondence. Feel so humiliated and naive by thinking he was different.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Thank you again everyone, I spoke to a male friend about it yesterday and his advice was to say a wee mantra about it everytime I start to think about him: “he messed up, it’s his loss”. This friend is a trainee clinical psychologist so maybe there’s something in that 🙃

I can’t lie though, I’m still in absolute shock and feel like the wind has been taken out of me. Had been on such a high since I’d known him to now be feeling such utter despondence. Feel so humiliated and naive by thinking he was different.
Please try and take the guilt and shame away from this situation - those should be attached to him, not you.

He’s an utter scum bag and obviously hates women for him to mess with someone like that. He’s obvsiouly a very damaged and sick person, and thank goodness he’s no longer in your life.

You have done NOTHING wrong, but became vulnerable and put trust into someone as they allowed it. He was a predator. End of.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

This loser was 5”6 wasn’t he? Add that to your mantra..
“He messed up, it’s his loss, he’s 5”6”

can’t get over the audacity of him

• Haha
Reactions: 18

It's definitely on him to be feeling crappy not you

Ok I didn’t know this! He’s a Smurf. You’ve dodged a Smurf.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

there is no audacity like the audacity of a short man.
---
also, shall i make a new thread? (i’m worried about this one being locked 🤣)

any title suggestions? ngl, i’m still feeling I’M GOOD BEING PURE DRY mainly because it will make me laugh.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
there is no audacity like the audacity of a short man.
---
also, shall i make a new thread? (i’m worried about this one being locked 🤣)

any title suggestions? ngl, i’m still feeling I’M GOOD BEING PURE DRY mainly because it will make me laugh.
Pleeeease add in about the yhact!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
@LaBlonde please make a new thread. I’m on mobile and it’s quite tricky that way. 😅

I shall get started with the recap 🫡😆

• Heart
Reactions: 4
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.