Dating after lockdown #22 I want to break up, Cheese Boy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to follow him but he irritates me . The weird faux American accent grates and i don't rate his advice at all...
I used to really enjoy him but after listening to others in this space I realised that MH is all about telling women how to change their behaviour to get the man, rather than looking at whether it’s a man they should want to get.

Also, his lawyer fiancé is now suddenly part of his coaching business too, giving her perspective on podcast etc and maybe I’m unfair but that kinda nepotism is a bit gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I used to follow him but he irritates me . The weird faux American accent grates and i don't rate his advice at all...
I totally agree! And I always find it bizarre when dating gurus are in fact still dating (I know he’s getting married now but there’s something a bit weird about taking advice from someone who isn’t living it)

I mentioned him to give context to the stuff I’ve been coming across about it. I’ve also realised I missed a major question I was pondering - should our self esteem continue to take hits from men treating us poorly because of their lack of self-worth? One doesn’t justify the other does it. It may be context but it can’t be an excuse.

I used to really enjoy him but after listening to others in this space I realised that MH is all about telling women how to change their behaviour to get the man, rather than looking at whether it’s a man they should want to get.

Also, his lawyer fiancé is now suddenly part of his coaching business too, giving her perspective on podcast etc and maybe I’m unfair but that kinda nepotism is a bit gross.
This too! There’s a difference between genuine empowerment, and teaching things that are essentially playbook manipulations. I don’t want a relationship I’ve tricked someone into with clever texts. It’s like the myth of triggering the hero complex. I’ve seen friends swear it’s foolproof and I’m like, but does he actually make you feel safe?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone seen the Matthew Hussey thing on Facebook where he asked men why they don’t commit? There’s an overwhelming majority of men saying it’s because they don’t think they are worthy of the woman/women they’ve been dating.

Do I believe all of them, no? But have definitely seen lack of self esteem issues wrapped up in some of the almost relationships I’ve had? Definitely. But it also pissed me off because the discussions I’ve seen about it are then putting the onus back on us to not only reassure someone they are loved and wanted for who they are, it suggests that we are doing it the wrong way, or that we have to try harder with people who aren’t ready to believe in themselves.
Ridiculous isn't it...any negative thing a man feels/does/says is somehow blamed on women. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5
Ahh but @Belle123 Twister can be sooo much fun...especially naked ! 😉
Haha! It seemed obvious just where that particular conversation could have ended up. He didn’t seem the type, but there was always room to be further disappointed by him 🤣

Has anyone seen the Matthew Hussey thing on Facebook where he asked men why they don’t commit? There’s an overwhelming majority of men saying it’s because they don’t think they are worthy of the woman/women they’ve been dating.

Do I believe all of them, no? But have definitely seen lack of self esteem issues wrapped up in some of the almost relationships I’ve had? Definitely. But it also pissed me off because the discussions I’ve seen about it are then putting the onus back on us to not only reassure someone they are loved and wanted for who they are, it suggests that we are doing it the wrong way, or that we have to try harder with people who aren’t ready to believe in themselves.
I take MH with a pinch of salt. Sometimes he’s bang on the money, other times I think he jumps on badwagons and spouts rubbish. I totally believe this is why a few of my dating relationships ended, though. One was blatantly insecure, and we didn’t have enough clicking anyway. But the other had so much going for him, and while his insecurity was well-concealed, it was there. It was one of those blindsiding, I can’t believe this is over type of situations. I’ll never have true answers, but I wondered if it was largely down to insecurity and not feeling as sorted in his life as me. Shame. They don’t take the reassurance from us though. It misses the point as well. If they can’t reassure themselves and sort their esteem out, nothing we do will “fix” it.

This is the most gorgeous, considered and compassionate response.
Thank you 😘 x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I hear you. I had a similar thing in thinking that honestly I’m a straight up catch lol. But then after years of no one seemingly wanting to get in a relationship it makes you insecure and question it a bit. Luckily tho apart from a few wobbles I kept that belief that I was a complete 10/10 package 😂 (I mean I know my bad points too it’s not pure delusion). But honestly, I do think that when you are so very self assured and know your own worth a lot of guys find that ‘hard work’ and know that there’s probably less room for them to duck up. Also I have a lot of guy mates and you’ll be surprised how often I’ve heard them say they don’t want anyone TOO pretty or TOO smart/ambitious/well paid/funny because it’s ‘a lot of work.’ Men are lazy in general.

The main thing I think is to never lose that self belief and self worth! Because if you don’t think you’re the bees knees how can you expect anyone else to!

I absolutely refuse to do that level of emotional labour for someone else. Get a grip, get up and work on yourself, don't bring women down because you have issues, or face getting a cold hard dump from Eddy.
I follow my own advice, anything I'm insecure about, I keep as my own problem or work on improving it. There's nothing else to do.

I absolutely refuse to do that level of emotional labour for someone else. Get a grip, get up and work on yourself, don't bring women down because you have issues, or face getting a cold hard dump from Eddy.
I follow my own advice, anything I'm insecure about, I keep as my own problem or work on improving it. There's nothing else to do.
I quoted you xcyber and I've no idea why 😂
This needs to be my last glass of bubbly.

Reactions: 7

I quoted you xcyber and I've no idea why 😂
This needs to be my last glass of bubbly.
Just move on to the Stoli darling 🍸

• Haha
#23 different dating apps but still no Prince Charming.
#23 different personalities in men

I dunno 😂

We need a new thread ladies..any suggestions for a title?
i’d like to nominate @al255 suggestion from earlier in the thread 🤣

Dating after lockdown #33: Can you HTML though?

i will miss cheese boy! he will live now only in our memories 🫡

• Heart
Reactions: 16
i’d like to nominate @al255 suggestion from earlier in the thread 🤣

Dating after lockdown #33: Can you HTML though?

i will miss cheese boy! he will live now only in our memories 🫡
I liked Fledglings one too ..can't remember exactly, something like ...these men want sex so much you'd think they would be better at it ...

Reactions: 7
Awwwww I hope I win😂💘 it just made me laugh. Smart and funny, good looks but sorry if you can’t HMTL you’re off the list 😂 wow.. like wtf lol what does it matter!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
well there’s been an update with HTML lad. I’m MASSIVELY paraphrasing- He messaged me apologising, I was guarded with it. He then text me a photo of his (ugly) face saying he likes me and not giving up! And wants to take me out on a date and he is genuine sorry. I said I’ll message him later. He then text me the next going “you never messaged? I’ve been waiting all day.” Then his sad story “I was in an 8 year relationship up to 9 weeks ago, she got the cats” blah blah

i said he was too intense. He then started saying tit about my looks and taking a swipe at my salary…bare in mind I never told him how much I earned or anything else he said about 😂

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
well there’s been an update with HTML lad. I’m MASSIVELY paraphrasing- He messaged me apologising, I was guarded with it. He then text me a photo of his (ugly) face saying he likes me and not giving up! And wants to take me out on a date and he is genuine sorry. I said I’ll message him later. He then text me the next going “you never messaged? I’ve been waiting all day.” Then his sad story “I was in an 8 year relationship up to 9 weeks ago, she got the cats” blah blah

i said he was too intense. He then started saying tit about my looks and taking a swipe at my salary…bare in mind I never told him how much I earned or anything else he said about 😂
His 10 other matches and dates didn’t work out then!? This man is insane.. Please block him.

He’s also a good example as to why we should never let tit men have second chances to talk to us. They don’t change.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
His 10 other matches and dates didn’t work out then!? This man is insane.. Please block him.

He’s also a good example as to why we should never let tit men have second chances to talk to us. They don’t change.
Oh candyland, here is your answer to the other girls that knew HTML abd he has a date with:

I’m honestly the queen of second chances but only if I feel like it’s genuine or I’ve actually met them 😂😂 this guy is not. And I know I shouldn’t but I do love putting him in his place and it’s giving me and my friends something to laugh about! 😂

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh candyland, here is your answer to the other girls that knew HTML abd he has a date with:

I’m honestly the queen of second chances but only if I feel like it’s genuine or I’ve actually met them 😂😂 this guy is not. And I know I shouldn’t but I do love putting him in his place and it’s giving me and my friends something to laugh about! 😂
You’re too polite to him 😂

Reactions: 4

Jesus. Block. 100% incel.

Reactions: 14

WOW
WOW
WOW….. he’s lost the plot😂

Thread suggestion:

#23 She got the cats, a better car but can you HTML though?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Thread suggestion if not choosen

I asked for my Knight in shining armour and all I got was a twit in tin foil

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.