Dating after lockdown #22 I want to break up, Cheese Boy.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
thanks to @MsCurly and her legend of a goddaughter for the thread title - may we all use her wisdom in future dealings with any Cheesy Boys who are not worthy of us!

sadly the last thread confirmed many cheesy boys out there, of numerous varieties. know your worth ladies and know how fabulous you all are!

right then, back to it 😘

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
i love the rest of your post ☺ i think this all the time. as much as i’d like companionship i think i would want it on extremely specific terms - i too can’t deal with someone in my space for more than a few hours. sometimes i look around my lovely house and think “a MAN?! HERE?!” and it gives me the chills.
OMG this! I have pink velvet dining chairs and I often look at them and thank heavens a man’s grubby paw prints aren’t anywhere near! I am becoming very very selfish in my singlehood. I will meet a guy for a coffee as long as it fits perfectly within my schedule and they come to me! Long gone are the days when I spent hours dolling up for a first date. They take me as they find me now and it’s 90 min tops. I keep promising myself I’ll make the effort for the second date when I know they’re worth it but I have yet to meet a man I want to see twice.

I wonder if I’m ruling them out because I don’t want to compromise and have to relax my routine or if I’m just allowing myself have decent standards now whereas in the past I’d have given everyone second dates if they wanted one!

actually I do know. I haven’t fancied a single one. When you know you know, and I won’t hear any different 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
OMG this! I have pink velvet dining chairs and I often look at them and thank heavens a man’s grubby paw prints aren’t anywhere near! I am becoming very very selfish in my singlehood. I will meet a guy for a coffee as long as it fits perfectly within my schedule and they come to me! Long gone are the days when I spent hours dolling up for a first date. They take me as they find me now and it’s 90 min tops. I keep promising myself I’ll make the effort for the second date when I know they’re worth it but I have yet to meet a man I want to see twice.

I wonder if I’m ruling them out because I don’t want to compromise and have to relax my routine or if I’m just allowing myself have decent standards now whereas in the past I’d have given everyone second dates if they wanted one!

actually I do know. I haven’t fancied a single one. When you know you know, and I won’t hear any different 😂
pink velvet dining chairs?!?!? 😍😍

and same 🤣 my house honestly looks like a dolls house, i love pastels and pretty little floral prints and stuff, the thought of a MAN trampling around here makes me sad. i’ve also become very selfish in the way that i’ve also become very bitter 🤣

i started this whole ✨dating journey✨ with so much optimism and excitement, and am now just full of hatred towards men. like you say, finding one that i both fancy and would be happy spending time with? who even knows if he exists but i’m not settling for anything less than i deserve. i’m done with average men thinking they can treat me so flippantly. get in the bin etc. why should i, you or anyone here have to compromise or relax routines for men when 90% of them won’t do the same back?! get on that velvet chair, have a lovely drink of your choice, grab a great book and remember your worth 💙

(ladies i’m functioning on paracetamol, lucozade and a dream right now)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just carrying on from the previous thread. I can’t remember if he was verified or not, I was just testing the water.
god, why are some men so ODD!!
🚩 🚩🚩🚩
2237721A-FD60-468B-8E22-F4203A4DFC02.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Exhibit A of men acting like they’re on an episode of “this is your life.” We’ve been chatting about a week and I just fire questions at them and get answers like this. Do they think this is how a conversation flows? I’m not doing it anymore. Ask me a question ffs. Put “and you?” if you’re lazy and cba coming up with anything else. SHOW SOME INTEREST.

I used to think showering men I dated with questions was a way to ensure there was never an awkward silence. Now im sick of indulging them. A (different) guy I have been in 5-6 dates with wants to see me tomorrow. I told him I think we should knock it on the head. He can’t understand why. ITS BECAUSE YOU HAVENT ASKED ME MY THOUGHTS OPINIONS OR FEELINGS ON ANYTHING. It’s boring for me. Go away.

Someone have a conversation with me please. Someone ask me something.

I have dating fatigue. 😂

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
@Sprottish That’s one of the worst I’ve seen for a while. There’s not asking questions and then there’s being pig bleeping ignorant. 🤬

I remember going out with a This Is Your Life I’d met on Bumble a while back. For some reason, I went on 3 dates with him. God knows why. By date #3, I’d clearly spotted the pattern of him lighting up like a Christmas tree when speaking about himself, his job, his brother, his niece, his friends etc. etc. but showing absolutely no interest in me whatsoever. While we were out for dinner on date 3, I told him something that had happened to me at work that week. It was quite a shocking thing, something that a normal person would certainly have questions about, and he just sat there in silence before eventually saying something like “Oh right” when I’d finished speaking. Nothing more. I almost felt a bit stupid for having shared the story with him. I reverted back to talking about him, just to get through the rest of the date, while vowing to myself that I’d never waste a precious evening in his “company” again.😒 Gobshite.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Someone on Mumsnet said seeing as these men want sex so much they ought to get better at it! I couldn't agree more.
I hope @boomska is ok. She seemed really low yesterday. I remember sending a friendly message to one of my past connections and could practically feel the hostility with the one sentence reply. I vowed there & then to never message again and didn't. He was then randomly messaging me but twisting the conversation to sex. I never met him again.

Reactions: 13
I’ve had a really low day today and BOOM.. My ex has popped up asking me for a catch up drink to make it worse 😂

Someone on Mumsnet said seeing as these men want sex so much they ought to get better at it! I couldn't agree more.
I hope @boomska is ok. She seemed really low yesterday. I remember sending a friendly message to one of my past connections and could practically feel the hostility with the one sentence reply. I vowed there & then to never message again and didn't. He was then randomly messaging me but twisting the conversation to sex. I never met him again.
I hope she is OK too.. I can relate to how she feels as I have similar traits 💕

Reactions: 6
Oh my goodness, the title is absolutely amazing. :ROFLMAO: I’m glad it made you laugh @LaBlonde hopefully it will help with the covid recovery. ♥

I’m not sure what it is like in the UK but in the Netherlands LAT relationships are quite common. LAT = living apart together. My colleague is in a relationship like that. He is fully committed to his girlfriend but he prefers to have his own space, so they each have their own house. They’ve been together for 8 years and they’re very happy. It sounds like an arrangement like that would be very suitable for some of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I was with my ex for over 10 years but we never lived together.. I was young and always knew he wasn’t ‘the one’ I wanted to settle down and do those things with.

Reactions: 2
i hope she’s okay too - i’ve been thinking of her 💙

@Sprottish - that’s one of the worst exchanges i’ve seen! especially his final message - what are you even meant to do with that information?! it’s amazing how many of them just cannot keep up conversations once we stop making the effort.

I’m not sure what it is like in the UK but in the Netherlands LAT relationships are quite common. LAT = living apart together. My colleague is in a relationship like that. He is fully committed to his girlfriend but he prefers to have his own space, so they each have their own house. They’ve been together for 8 years and they’re very happy. It sounds like an arrangement like that would be very suitable for some of us.
this arrangement is my absolute dream! i honestly think it should be more the norm - it gives both people their own space and a place to go to be by themselves if/when needed.

Reactions: 7
I think it’s becoming more common.. I know a couple of my friends don’t want to move in with their partners of about two years because they enjoy having their own space to go back to. Personally I think if it was the right relationship you would naturally want to live together.

Reactions: 6
Cheese boy😂😂😂😂✅ brilliant.

So I’ve deleted my Hinge and redone a new account so it resets. My age and radius was getting stupid. Anyway matched with a few guys got talking, one guy arranged to meet me on Saturday daytime, we clicked well, long messages and now he’s not replying! I didn’t even bother saving his number. NEXT 😂 Not really finding anyone who doesn’t just want a shag/FWB situation and that’s just not for me.. Why do they get offended when you say you’re not looking for a fling or a one night stand. Not sorry for saying that I don’t want to sleep with you!🤯

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.