Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

al255

VIP Member
Thanks everyone for their replies! Normally I get quiet angry quick and go in full guns blazing but I literally was quiet over the past day ad half. ANYTHING could’ve happened in that time I.e. lost my job, death, won a million pounds, going on a spontaneous holiday. I’ve also got a good number of friends that I’m in regular contact with, work with the general public, live in a house share, daughter, auntie, sister (even though Me and my sister don’t get on!) so sometimes I’m emotionally DRAINED from speaking to people so trying to get to know someon Romantically is at the bottom of my emotional bucket.

But here is another message from last night-
just when we thought it couldn’t get worse.

new thread suggestion:

#33 Dating after lockdown: Can you HTML though?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Carapop

VIP Member
Oh so my fireman was in contact and we ended up meeting again this evening and had a grand old time. Such a lovely lad. And a total gent.

But now I’m far more interested in @BunnyLebowski booty calling the plumber!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Carapop

VIP Member
i’m plain af so i don’t take many photos - my dating profile is a selection of very carefully curated photos where i look presentable. but a mixture of me on holiday, me on nights out etc just for variety.

signing up out of loneliness is the worst way to do it, take it from someone who knows. online dating is brutal and will make you feel worse. focus on your house (how exciting!) and your work and yourself - you’ll be better for it and will know when you’re ready 💙
sorry but I can’t let this slide.

i have never met you and have no idea what you look like. Obviously.

but there is no way you are “plain af”

if your personality here is any indication of your real life persona then such a bright, kind, generous, considerate, warm and witty creature is going to be nothing less than god damn radiant

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

jellybelly48

I’m so glad I’ve found this thread!! I’m usually knocking about the katie price threads but stumbled in here last night….
I’ve just started putting myself back out there after splitting from my husband over a year ago. Lost some weight, got a tan & decided it’s time for a bit of fun.
well…..joined hinge last week,got chatting with someone who seemed pretty cool. Decided to meet at the weekend,I was so nervous! he greeted me with a peck on the cheek…first red flag…fag breath! (Said he was a non smoker)
started chatting…turns out he lives in a caravan!
Was very vocal & derogatory about northern accents (he’s originally from London but working in Manchester) so I spent the afternoon cringing people would overhear 😳
anyway….the BIG reveal was just around the corner…he was looking for a Dom as he’s a sub! Kept saying he wanted me to drag him in the bushes and have my way with him! (on a sunday in the middle of town!!!) Made the decision it wasn’t for me & legged it home 😂😂😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Sprottish

Exhibit A of men acting like they’re on an episode of “this is your life.” We’ve been chatting about a week and I just fire questions at them and get answers like this. Do they think this is how a conversation flows? I’m not doing it anymore. Ask me a question ffs. Put “and you?” if you’re lazy and cba coming up with anything else. SHOW SOME INTEREST.

I used to think showering men I dated with questions was a way to ensure there was never an awkward silence. Now im sick of indulging them. A (different) guy I have been in 5-6 dates with wants to see me tomorrow. I told him I think we should knock it on the head. He can’t understand why. ITS BECAUSE YOU HAVENT ASKED ME MY THOUGHTS OPINIONS OR FEELINGS ON ANYTHING. It’s boring for me. Go away.

Someone have a conversation with me please. Someone ask me something.

I have dating fatigue. 😂

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22

Losa53

Chatty Member
So I gave in a gave my number to a really good looking guy, beard muscles tats. First video on WhatsApp was him wanking in a sauna at the gym🤦‍♀️

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

Lalla

VIP Member
Speaking personally, when I first started on dating sites back in 2009, I thought 'I'm a catch - I'm attractive, intelligent, good job, decent personality - men will be lined up'. I knew a few people who'd met their partners online (for some it was the 1st or 2nd person they dated) so I thought it would be easy. It wasn't.

After 4 years of men only ever wanting me for sex (and getting an immediate knockback from them when I said I wasn't interested in only that) I honestly started to question my worth - it was fine me thinking I was the bees knees, but when you can't meet one man who thinks you're worth more than a ONS, even the blokes I didn't find attractive saw me as purely a sex thing, it makes you start to question it all. Do I think too much of myself? What am I doing wrong? Why is it so easy for other people? Why can't I get what I think I deserve?

In that time, the closest I got to a relationship was when I 'dated' a teacher for a while. When I say dated, all our meetings were at his house (he had an injury which meant he couldn't leave the house for a few months). And our encounters basically involved me going there, we'd talk (actually decent conversations, he was on a similar wavelength to me, so there was lots to chat about), I'd 'service' him and go home. Once he was back on his feet and able to leave the house, I never saw him again. At the time I was so glad to have met someone who I could actually have a discussion with, but looking back it really wasn't much better than any of the others. I got very little out of it physically, and clearly whilst I was suitable for him to pass time with whilst he was housebound, he didn't view me as actual girlfriend/ dating material. He met someone else soon after and they were married within a year, so it wasn't like he wasn't looking for a relationship, he didn't want one with me.

That kind of stuff fucks with your head, it really does. And inevitably you end up wondering why this is all men want you for, when no one seems to want you for more than that.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

BellaRose.X89

Chatty Member
So update on my situation. Stood me up last minute again last night and again tonight. So I’ve just told him I’m not going to allow him to disrespect me and it’s done.

What’s pissed me off the most is I let my bloody guard down with him. I haven’t done that with someone in years, even the father of my child didn’t see over the top of the walls I put up. And I’m absolutely heartbroken, really, really hurting.

He never formally met my son ( he’s only 18 months) but did see him a few times when he bumped into each other out and about, interacted really lovely with him which is unusual for my little as he is normally terrified of men. Even though we were only seeing each other 5 months, the guilt I feel for bringing someone into his life - very briefly- only for them to walk out like his Dad did. How can I ever trust bringing someone into his life again?

Arsehole hadn’t even had the decency to apologise, or even acknowledge the message I sent.

I’m a combination of heartbroken, angry and disappointed in myself.

I NEVER BLOODY LEARN!!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

Bianca Del Rio

I have a decent job, I earn well, I drive a nice car and I own my property which I pay for and take care of with no support from anyone. I’m really proud of that. A man who brings nothing to the table but a box room in his mate’s house, a fuck load of debt and a clipper card for the 57 bus isn’t going to cut it. If that makes me demanding then so be it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’d rather find dating difficult looking for someone who can meet me at my level than lower the bar and get shat on regardless.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

ATV2021

VIP Member
I skim this thread now if I'm honest, as a former regular (and to be honest many won't remember me because my words went down like a lead balloon but they're fact lol) and I get its a dating thread but please don't hold so much hope to men who don't deserve the ground we walk on. I used to. God I was hysterical and I'm first to admit it but it triggered me recognising my worth and you'll never be happy in a relationship/marriage until you're 100% happy alone and you've done whatever work you need to to love you the most. After all you are the one who will love you the most forever so please focus on that first. Half the men I read here aren't worth the time of day. Tell yourself daily how fucking fabulous you are. Set your boundaries and stick to them. They don't respect that? Bye felica. 👋

That's all for the ATV comment of 2022 lol

• Heart

DollyDiamondxo

Chatty Member
Well all the couples who have eachother to spoon and be cosy with in winter.. are now having to share a bed and absolutely sweat to high heavens.. single ladies nows our time to shine 🤣 I legit saw a couple holding hands earlier like how? My hands are dripping with sweat lol. It’s too hot for men right now lol. Have been sharing decent convo with someone my type off the app but lives quite far typical! No mention of sex within 48 hours *swoons*, as you can tell the bar is very low for me now 🤣

• Haha

Losa53

Chatty Member
So im home, conversation flowed the whole time we were stood together waiting to order a drink and we sort locked eyes so I went in for a kiss this was after an hour so being together. He kissed me back then we carried on chatting. He walked me to my car and we hugged and share a very good kiss 😜
He then said would u like to see me again which of course I said yeah. He then kissed me again and said good.
I'm just taking it as it comes no expectations but he really good looking easy to talk to and the chemistry is there.

• Heart

IGiveUp22

VIP Member
So I got home from my date about an hour ago.
Was really nice, had a lovely time - just food & drinks. Nothing crazy as he has a Rugby game tomorrow. We had a snog in the car, was VERY nice. I am big on kissing, it’s quite important to me & I feel like we matched on that level. So I don’t want to jinx anything or be too carried away but it’s going well so far 🤞🏼
Hope everyone else’s dates went okay & hope all the ones over the rest of the weekend go well!! X

• Heart

Bianca Del Rio

@Sprottish That’s one of the worst I’ve seen for a while. There’s not asking questions and then there’s being pig fucking ignorant. 🤬

I remember going out with a This Is Your Life I’d met on Bumble a while back. For some reason, I went on 3 dates with him. God knows why. By date #3, I’d clearly spotted the pattern of him lighting up like a Christmas tree when speaking about himself, his job, his brother, his niece, his friends etc. etc. but showing absolutely no interest in me whatsoever. While we were out for dinner on date 3, I told him something that had happened to me at work that week. It was quite a shocking thing, something that a normal person would certainly have questions about, and he just sat there in silence before eventually saying something like “Oh right” when I’d finished speaking. Nothing more. I almost felt a bit stupid for having shared the story with him. I reverted back to talking about him, just to get through the rest of the date, while vowing to myself that I’d never waste a precious evening in his “company” again.😒 Gobshite.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry

al255

VIP Member
I’ve heard from him. He said he needed some me time and to enjoy my brothers wedding.

I don’t know what to make of it.. I’ve lost 6lb this week through stress.
Candyland, I hope you’re ok but I’m going to be brutually honest…

why are you still with him? Aside from your love for him, why are you with someone who causes you so much up and down in life? I feel like you’d be better off without him and all the stress he brings of his depression and moods. You are 3 years into your relationship which I get but I feel like when you’re having more bad times then good, it’s time to call it a day. I’m sorry to be honest but know you’d do the same for me. How much longer can you allow yourself to be mentally and physically drained over his actions? Sending so much love and I hope you try and enjoy the wedding xx

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Belle123

Chatty Member
I decided to download Hinge yesterday. I haven’t been on it in nearly a year and the selection looks better this time around. Anyway, I had a date this afternoon! He’s a geeky Louis Theroux type 🤓😍 We talked about loads of things and he wants to see me again. He had logistical things which meant it was meet this afternoon, or in a week or two instead. I decided to find out quickly if it had a chance of clicking physically, and now I’ve a week or two to chat and get to know him before the next date. Not sure about him yet, but at the very least I spent a nice few hours in a pub with an interesting man this afternoon 😊

• Heart

BunnyLebowski

VIP Member
Right I’m back FFS!

I had to dump tennis boy as he turned out to be a raging alcoholic. I mean i like a drink but this dude was nicking wine out of my fridge at 9am. Would also talk about himself constantly. Fucking men.

• Sad
  • Wow

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Just having a browse through Hinge.
Men aren't encouraged to wear face SPF and good lord it shows
I've set the age setting to 30-34 (my age range) and they all look so much older than me. I've set it to London too and I'm not sure if it's a London thing but seeing 34 year old men still being so desperate to cling on to the hipster coolness is excruciating. And men that brag about drinking and being hungover every weekend.
wait until you get to 37! i look at some men and think that they surely can’t have put their correct age up 🤣 i have a soft spot for a hipster though!

in today’s amazing conversation: had a like and message to one of my photos on hinge. the photo is me in seattle, one of my favourite cities. guy messages saying “i love it there too” i reply saying the usual, wow yes it’s such a cool place did you go to such and such.

he replies saying “i don’t remember”.

like that’s the whole message, he doesn’t remember. why even bother 🤣

i’m a relatively chatty person, i have lots of interests, i can talk about lots of things. some of these men need to go on a “how to message” course.

• Haha
  • Wow