Dating after lockdown #20 I’m done. Too late to become a nun?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So any hot dates lined up tonight? My friend has just asked if I fancy Ibiza in August. I’ll be the oldest clubbed in San Ann! 🤣❤ Meeting her later for drinks to discuss

• Heart
Reactions: 5
💐for you Tilly. I’m 48 and in the same boat darling.
Great to have you back 3 steaks Pam. You were always hilarious 😂 so I’m thrilled you’re back!

this sounds fabulous Mr Sparkle. Keep us updated.

Well the bloke I went on a walk with has turned into a bit of a knob. We were supposed to be going for a pub roast tomorrow but he’s down graded it to a picnic as he doesn’t have much money ☹. I think that’s a sign he’s just not keen or a bit of a tight bastard.

However, I matched with a bloke on Bumble yesterday and we spoke on the phone for an hour last night. He’s a total sweetie and hilarious. I’ll call him Tennis-boy. He’s desperate to meet me which is sweet. His profile says he’s 5’11 but I reckon he’s probably 5’7 or something. We’ll see. Fingers crossed.

Hello and best wishes to everyone else who’s followed my story and sent me 💗.
love you guys 💕💕

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
So any hot dates lined up tonight? My friend has just asked if I fancy Ibiza in August. I’ll be the oldest clubbed in San Ann! 🤣❤ Meeting her later for drinks to discuss
nope! unless the current wild affair between asos and my bank account counts as a hot date 🤣

tilly you should definitely go! ibiza is lovely and spanish men are 👌🏻🔥 go, enjoy the sunshine and aperol spritz with your friend, flirt with lots of hot waiters. the dream!

Reactions: 5
Something deffo off with M. He spoke to me this morning, didn’t bother asking how I was, or what my plans are for today. Just general chat. So I asked him if he’s free tonight (he said he would let me know) , he has left me on read at 9am and no word since. My friend has asked me to meet her for some drinks tonight so gunna do that anyway. Not waiting around for someone to text me back lol

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Something deffo off with M. He spoke to me this morning, didn’t bother asking how I was, or what my plans are for today. Just general chat. So I asked him if he’s free tonight (he said he would let me know) , he has left me on read at 9am and no word since. My friend has asked me to meet her for some drinks tonight so gunna do that anyway. Not waiting around for someone to text me back lol
Ugh 😑

Reactions: 1
Anyway he’s read it and replied. The girl I’m going for drinks with is like me - she said once the vibe changes you gauge they’re not that interested anymore that much. It’s defo changed, will just see how it goes hmmm. Was back on the apps just browsing and not much. One guy called me beautiful then unmatched me 🤣

Reactions: 3
I love nandos, and shopping lol I’d like this as a date! Plus no risk of drinking too much which I do on a first date due to nerves

Some of the best looking women I know are single and have been long term. Even the best looking ones with a good job nice place their tit together etc. Men like trophy women to look at but they don’t tend to settle with them out of insecurities my mum said which does have some truth in it
There is a crazy amount of stunning, intelligent, successful women who are single out there, and that’s because you’re not just going to settle for a guy who isn’t worthy. Whereas guys will often find that intimidating because these women are more likely to call them out on their tit. In essence it’s easier to be with someone who has less going for them. It’s all about power and I’ve found most men want to be the more superior one in the relationship. It’s also never really just about looks. Just cos you’re a 10/10 doesn’t mean you won’t still get ghosted or treated badly. But there’s def guys out there who WANT someone who’s got their tit together so def don’t settle!

Anyway he’s read it and replied. The girl I’m going for drinks with is like me - she said once the vibe changes you gauge they’re not that interested anymore that much. It’s defo changed, will just see how it goes hmmm. Was back on the apps just browsing and not much. One guy called me beautiful then unmatched me 🤣
It’s crazy how many times this has happened to me. The first date they’re planning the second and so keen and then when it comes to the second the vibe just goes off. I think it usually means they’re dating other people. That’s what I assumed. On to the next!

OMG no one is too old for Ibiza! Def go.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So M has gone off my hinge. Does this mean he has deleted me off it? / and or deleted his profile?? He’s probably deleted me off it 😂

I think the prevalence and expectation of casual sex / relationships has thrown dating into this weird thing of being too serious. But I still view it as this fun, easy thing to do. Surely shopping and Nando’s is perfect, stuff to chat about, mobile and relaxed. Nothing wrong with it at all. Whereas men get to the second date and almost immediately are like ohhhh my freedom? Just enjoy your chips, mate.

I don’t know if it’s a hot date but I’m seeing Unfinished Business m for the thing he promised me we’d do months ago. I’ll reserve judgment onwhether this is romantic gesture or playbook for an easy leg over until I’m there. Im not staying over at his regardless. Time and effort need to come before sexy time and I think I need to know he’s acknowledging that this is a romantic connection.

So M has gone off my hinge. Does this mean he has deleted me off it? / and or deleted his profile?? He’s probably deleted me off it 😂
Could be either, have you heard from him?

I think the prevalence and expectation of casual sex / relationships has thrown dating into this weird thing of being too serious. But I still view it as this fun, easy thing to do. Surely shopping and Nando’s is perfect, stuff to chat about, mobile and relaxed. Nothing wrong with it at all. Whereas men get to the second date and almost immediately are like ohhhh my freedom? Just enjoy your chips, mate.

I don’t know if it’s a hot date but I’m seeing Unfinished Business m for the thing he promised me we’d do months ago. I’ll reserve judgment onwhether this is romantic gesture or playbook for an easy leg over until I’m there. Im not staying over at his regardless. Time and effort need to come before sexy time and I think I need to know he’s acknowledging that this is a romantic connection.

Could be either, have you heard from him?
not since 9am and he’s been online and left me on read…

So my friend tried searching for him on Hinge and said he’s not on anymore so he’s deleted it. Hmmmmmm weird though, maybe he’s just had enough 🤣

RIGHT someone tell me off😂😂😂😂😂 he’s been swimming all day in this thing, not a clue what. He goes open water swimming so it’s part of a group. I asked him if he’s deleted hinge and he said yeah. He’s off to a bbq later anyway so

Last edited:
  • Haha
not since 9am and he’s been online and left me on read…

So my friend tried searching for him on Hinge and said he’s not on anymore so he’s deleted it. Hmmmmmm weird though, maybe he’s just had enough 🤣

RIGHT someone tell me off😂😂😂😂😂 he’s been swimming all day in this thing, not a clue what. He goes open water swimming so it’s part of a group. I asked him if he’s deleted hinge and he said yeah. He’s off to a bbq later anyway so
Wasn’t you both meant to go on a date this evening?

Probably deleted it. I used to delete my one every few months cos I just got sick of it and seeing the same bloody faces lol.

Reactions: 2
Wasn’t you both meant to go on a date this evening?
it wasn’t a defo yes, he said he was at a bbq but wasn’t sure if it was during the day or this eve. It’s this eve but I’m out with my friend anyway!

I’ve asked him why he’s deleted hinge 😂

Could it be because he’s met you? I know plenty of people once they’re interested in someone just take away the temptation.

so glad you’ve made your own plans!

Reactions: 3
it wasn’t a defo yes, he said he was at a bbq but wasn’t sure if it was during the day or this eve. It’s this eve but I’m out with my friend anyway!

I’ve asked him why he’s deleted hinge 😂
hasn’t it been one date? and not that long ago if i’m recalling (apologies if i’m wrong though!) - deleting hinge already is a little intense imo. would be intrigued to know what he says!

So I said to him I’ve deleted hinge cos if I’m meeting you I don’t even have time for other people (which I don’t lol) and he said sound enough

i just said what I said again and said all you said was sound enough and he put 😂😂😂😂 x

I’ve just said should I just take the hint?

Wtf is wrong with men 🙃i don’t give a duck if he’s decided after a second date that I’m not for him. That’s dating, it’s no big deal but I’d rather he didn’t waste my time!

last week he was like over the top can’t wait to see you etc bla bla .. he replied back saying if he wasn’t interested in me he wouldn’t text me 😂 I need to get a grip! I hate his coldness though atm hmmm

Thank god I’m going out to get drunk tonight 😂

So I said to him I’ve deleted hinge cos if I’m meeting you I don’t even have time for other people (which I don’t lol) and he said sound enough

i just said what I said again and said all you said was sound enough and he put 😂😂😂😂 x

Wtf is wrong with men 🙃i don’t give a duck if he’s decided after a second date that I’m not for him. That’s dating, it’s no big deal but I’d rather he didn’t waste my time!

last week he was like over the top can’t wait to see you etc bla bla .. he replied back saying if he wasn’t interested in me he wouldn’t text me 😂 I need to get a grip! I hate his coldness though atm hmmm

Ok but the worst thing you can do is preempt the end and then that changes your approach and so inadvertently you become a bit needier trying to stop things going to tit. We’ve all done it, and all it does is make you feel tit. Don’t message him. Don’t ask him why he’s deleted Hinge. Don’t tell him you’ve deleted yours. Just enjoy your drinks with your mate. Back off a bit and he’ll sense that shift and most likely come back.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Ooh been there and I’m not judging but chill out a bit! It’s only been one date, it really doesn’t mean anything if he’s not constantly texting and giving you complements.

Reactions: 7

I don’t mean this to sound harsh but reading through your posts makes even me anxious, never mind your date. I feel you are being far too intense.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Ooh been there and I’m not judging but chill out a bit! It’s only been one date, it really doesn’t mean anything if he’s not constantly texting and giving you complements.
nooooo it’s been 2 BUT my point is the way he was last week like over complementing me saying he can’t wait to see me etc, and thensince we met again he’s not been as full on. That’s my issue 😂

If he wasn’t being full on last week I wouldn’t be that bothered of his change in attitude. He was being full on first 🙄

His reply was tit though even so. Who says that after someone just said they’ve deleted hinge cos they’re going on dates with u. You’d say me too…. Etc surely ? 🙄

Last week he was saying good morning gorgeous can’t wait to see you etc, like being what I’d call OTT 😂 I dunno. My friends don’t help!! They’re making me think things

So I’ve come to the conclusion that my friends are no good at advice and you lot are, what they say it’s like oh he’s not interested etc they don’t think of things like logically lol

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.