Dating after lockdown #20 I’m done. Too late to become a nun?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No need to be sorry - my daughter is an amazing 12 year old and knows no different.. neither do I really. I did it alone from my pregnancy and then he took me to court only to say he didn’t want to be in her life.
No loss to anyone men like that.
OMG exact same here!! They can’t miss what they’ve never known 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 5
No need to be sorry - my daughter is an amazing 12 year old and knows no different.. neither do I really. I did it alone from my pregnancy and then he took me to court only to say he didn’t want to be in her life.
No loss to anyone men like that.
Gee - no loss at all. How lucky is your daughter to have you raising her and fighting her corner? Us women are strong when we have to be. No child you’ve given birth to and nurtured can ever compare with any man ❤

• Heart
Parenthood is WILD. Co-parenting is even wilder. That’s all I’ve got to say on the matter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Phew! I’d hate to upset anyone as you’re so lovely. Your daughter is very lucky to have you. There’s always rude people around, with no filter or sensitivity. You just want to tell them to “f*%# off” - even if it’s just in your head while you smile politely and walk away 😂
No definitely not you! And yes though sometimes they don’t even mean offence I guess it’s just all they’ve ever known is parents should always be together (it’s usually older people who say stuff from the era it was frowned upon to be a single parent or have a child out of wedlock) so it’s ignorance more than anything!

Reactions: 1
I raised my son entirely alone and without much practical support either. I think the times when I felt conscious of being a single parent was at football practice & teachers evenings. He was a complicated little thing (like me) but got easier the older he got.
In fact his friends from two parent families got in more trouble, being brought back by police, being legless etc.
I remember one night when two sets of parents came to my house asking if my son was with theirs who were missing? My son was upstairs in his room. I did feel a little proud I must say.
I always taught him that if his mates were doing stuff that was troublesome, to just come home and he did. Friends used to laugh and say we were like Edina & saffy off absolutely fabulous as he was the sensible one & I was the ditzy character.
He's all grown up now. Married & very committed. Always a one woman man. Our home was pretty stress free & one of his mates who's parents were super uptight and controlling, used to love coming to ours. He's now got a drink problem.
Kids need love & acceptance. Just because there's a second parent, it's not automatic they'll get it.

I also remember during the late 80s/90s a huge backlash from the public, politicians & media of blame towards single parents (mother's of course) who were to blame for all the problems in society. It was a tough time emotionally. I recall a woman I worked for saying "I'm not being funny (my name) but it's you single parents causing so many problems"! I was livid but needed the job. This was a woman who'd had an affair with her boss, helped break up his marriage & was now swanning around in Leopardskin going to the gym, etc & money wasn't a problem as she was living off his income & I claimed help as a working parent. It was a horrible stigma to be an SP.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I raised my son entirely alone and without much practical support either. I think the times when I felt conscious of being a single parent was at football practice & teachers evenings. He was a complicated little thing (like me) but got easier the older he got.
In fact his friends from two parent families got in more trouble, being brought back by police, being legless etc.
I remember one night when two sets of parents came to my house asking if my son was with theirs who were missing? My son was upstairs in his room. I did feel a little proud I must say.
I always taught him that if his mates were doing stuff that was troublesome, to just come home and he did. Friends used to laugh and say we were like Edina & saffy off absolutely fabulous as he was the sensible one & I was the ditzy character.
He's all grown up now. Married & very committed. Always a one woman man. Our home was pretty stress free & one of his mates who's parents were super uptight and controlling, used to love coming to ours. He's now got a drink problem.
Kids need love & acceptance. Just because there's a second parent, it's not automatic they'll get it.
Aww love this! Two parents does not equal a happy house! Yes it can be great but it’s all about the household not how many people are in it! Well done you I bet your so proud 😊 yes parents evenings and sports days got me most. Or even kids saying to her ‘atleast I have a dad’ haha yes you might do so how come your lifestyle isn’t better then if that’s so? I think being stress free and less uptight is better! I was raised so strict, one catholic parent, I rebelled in my teen years! My girl isn’t anything like me.. she wouldn’t behave how I did and I think that’s part of being a more relaxed home. Don’t wanna turn all mums net on here like appreciating we don’t all have kids 😊 but yeah what a lovely story 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 4
👏🏻 @Fledgling Psycho thank you for making it easier for us now. Anyone who starts a sentence with “not being funny” is NEVER going to be funny. What an unaware fool she sounds.

My child’s dad lives 500 miles away so I kinda co-parent but class myself as a single parent.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
👏🏻 @Fledgling Psycho thank you for making it easier for us now. Anyone who starts a sentence with “not being funny” is NEVER going to be funny. What an unaware fool she sounds.

My child’s dad lives 500 miles away so I kinda co-parent but class myself as a single parent.
She was a rabid Daily Mail reader so that was where her views were formed. There was a lot of blame in those days. Prior to that it was gay men who'd brought a plague on humanity. 😏🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She was a rabid Daily Mail reader so that was where her views were formed. There was a lot of blame in those days. Prior to that it was gay men who'd brought a plague on humanity. 😏🙄
Daily Mail - say no more. Sorry you went through that. I’m old enough to remember that stigma. It was also a time of terrifying messages about teenage pregnancy - the shame was on the girl and never the boy, of course. I know some amazing single parents and they do just as good a job, if not better, than some kids get being raised by both parents x

Reactions: 3
Absolutely all the feels for single parenting. I was a teenager too (albeit turning 19). Talk about a double edge sword. My daughters dad is about. She loves him very much and he’s not a bad person but he’s a very very lazy parent. He’s never taken her on holiday. The only days out he’s had with her are ones she has arranged with my help for his birthday/Christmas/Father’s Day gifts. She’s 14! He’s got worse this year though. I’ve been off work since January and she’s been to his twice. He gets married next week and she’s had no involvement. I’ve bought her dress, shoes, accessories even though she’s supposed to be his best woman (🤢). It’s really sad. His other half doesn’t like me at all but I’ve no clue why. All I’ve wanted is for us all to get along for my daughters sake. I’ve recently made a will (not very organised) and if anything happens to me before she’s 18 the plan is that she will go and live with my sister in Australia. She pleaded with me not to go to his full time. That really hit home.

I never imagined only having one child and the older she gets the less likely it is that I will give her a sibling (aware my body clock is ticking).Selfishly I wouldn’t necessarily want another baby because I’d like a bit of a life but at the same time I would like to experience that time with someone I was with.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
You had me at daily mail reader 🤮 I’ve just read that last bit about that stupid woman aswell what a cow she sounds!

Reactions: 3
I have a date with my new puppy.
!!! - the only date anyone needs tbh 😍🥰

i too failed the assignment, but my only date is at a bug eurovision party with friends and probably a significant amount of prosecco so not too bothered really! happy friday ladies x

• Heart
That puppy is gorgeous! Have fun 🥰

Nah, no date for me because I’m away on a trip but plan to watch Eurovision with some snacks!

• Heart
@unidentified What a cutie! Feel free to share more pictures of your pup!😍

@LaBlonde I too have plans regarding Eurovision! I have a date with a gaggle of my nearest and dearest friends to watch Eurovision at a gay bar this weekend. Eurovision might be one of my favourite events of the year so I'm very excited. 😁

• Heart
I have a date with my new puppy.
So CUUUUUTE!!

No second date set up this weekend, but just enjoying some good chat with this guy tbh. And am feeling like I'm really getting over commitment guy, who is now a ghost liking my social media posts. 😂

Have good weekends y'all!! Also Eurovision-ing!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.