Dating after lockdown #19 Opened Tinder. Saw “👉🏻👌🏻 ?”. Closed Tinder.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recap: Dating in the 21st century is still proving difficult. Men no longer have boundaries and lack commitment 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 14
wining thread title by the lovely @MsCurly with 12 likes!

previous thread here:

as you were ladies! now, who’s got wine? 😉💙
I’m going to the shop for a bottle shortly 😋 I may download hinge if I’m feeling brave 🤣

Reactions: 3
Went on my 3rd ever tinder date last week. I am officially done with men 👍🏼
What happened?

Well I’m on my third wine and if I don’t do it now I never will (create another profile on dating app) but it feels as though I’m about to dive into a cesspit head first 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
wining thread title by the lovely @MsCurly with 12 likes!

previous thread here:

as you were ladies! now, who’s got wine? 😉💙
tonight I’m raising a glass of G&T to the eloquent man who sent you that message @LaBlonde 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
tonight I’m raising a glass of G&T to the eloquent man who sent you that message @LaBlonde 😂
🤣 i’ll join you! what a fool i was to let him slip through my fingers!

@DollyDiamondxo - dive in, or at least dip a toe. we’re all here with you 💙

(also can we all please ignore that i spelt “winning” wrong in that first post 🤦🏼‍♀️)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
🤣 i’ll join you! what a fool i was to let him slip through my fingers!

@DollyDiamondxo - dive in, or at least dip a toe. we’re all here with you 💙

(also can we all please ignore that i spelt “winning” wrong in that first post 🤦🏼‍♀️)
Now that I know I’ve somewhere to share the tragic tit with it don’t feel so bad.. profile created.. ‘and so it begins’ 🙄😂

Reactions: 7
Morning all. For those who remember me things are going really well with my guitar man. 😂 we have been seeing each other nearly 3 months now. That’s gone so fast. Things are mostly going along well apart from a few of my friends who are projecting their own issues onto us. I have known him 18 years so it’s not like he’s totally ‘new’ to me. We have said the L word a few times now.

My one friend took it on herself the other week while we were out, to drag him aside and interrogate him about saying he loves me. She’s decided it’s too fast. She also then started lecturing him about how hard it is to raise Special needs children (my daughter has autism) at this point, I lost my temper.

I’m not asking him to raise my child, she’s got a father. I am so angry at my friend for interfering in this way. Luckily guitar man already knows all about my daughter and paid no attention to my friend. But I am so annoyed she could have easily scared him away by sticking her nose into stuff.

She doesn’t have what you would call a conventional relationship with her partner so I think she tries to get involved in everyone else’s lives.

Woo sorry for that long rant! 😂 needed to get that out my system though lol

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Morning all. For those who remember me things are going really well with my guitar man. 😂 we have been seeing each other nearly 3 months now. That’s gone so fast. Things are mostly going along well apart from a few of my friends who are projecting their own issues onto us. I have known him 18 years so it’s not like he’s totally ‘new’ to me. We have said the L word a few times now.

My one friend took it on herself the other week while we were out, to drag him aside and interrogate him about saying he loves me. She’s decided it’s too fast. She also then started lecturing him about how hard it is to raise Special needs children (my daughter has autism) at this point, I lost my temper.

I’m not asking him to raise my child, she’s got a father. I am so angry at my friend for interfering in this way. Luckily guitar man already knows all about my daughter and paid no attention to my friend. But I am so annoyed she could have easily scared him away by sticking her nose into stuff.

She doesn’t have what you would call a conventional relationship with her partner so I think she tries to get involved in everyone else’s lives.

God what a cow for saying that! Relationships are definitely not one size fits all and bringing up your daughter and her autism as a potential issue for him is a low move. Glad to hear things are going well for you 😁

that is absolutely a extremely low blow (and your friend must know that) - like you said, you’ve known this guy a long time, it’s not like he’s a stranger, and you know what’s best for your daughter more than anyone! what a thing to say!

glad things are going well ☺

This reflects more on your friend than on you or your new boyfriend (congratulations by the way 💚).

I would evaluate this friendship and set clear boundaries with her, she shouldn't disrupt your joy and peace.

Reactions: 11

From what you’ve said on here, he sounds lovely! So happy things are working out for you 💗 And your friend should mind her own business even if she thought she was coming from a good place. You know better what works for you x

Reactions: 5
I was so angry with my friend afterwards because she doesn’t know him, she’s met him twice but she seemed to think she had some right to interfere. Luckily he is a very laid back personality. But it could have backfired. She is still adamant we can’t possibly even think about calling it love because she “took three years to tell her partner” she loved him 😂 good for you. Everyone is different!

• Heart
@Tender & Tired Sounds to me like a classic case of jealousy and ‘misery loves company’. To go out of her way to sabotage what you have is bang out of order. I’d keep her at arm’s length if I were you and be very picky about what you tell her. Unhappy / bitter people can be really insidious if you give them too much access to your life.

Reactions: 13
Early 40s and been single almost a year, dating sites are not for me. Had a neck on December last year after a gig but then found out from mates he was a bit of a tosser. Hooked up with an old friend in January bit of a drunken fumble, he texts me now and again but can’t be arsed to chase him.

Went on the most amazing ‘date’ Sunday with an old friend, but he’s an ex of my friend. She’s not a close friend but we chat occasionally as they split last year and I was going through a break up. She’s since met someone and is very happy.

It was amicable they were together 24 years and drifted apart. He’s now asking to hook up, nothing serious as of yet.

Should I stay well clear or have some fun?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Went on the most amazing ‘date’ Sunday with an old friend, but he’s an ex of my friend. She’s not a close friend but we chat occasionally as they split last year and I was going through a break up. She’s since met someone and is very happy.

It was amicable they were together 24 years and drifted apart. He’s now asking to hook up, nothing serious as of yet.

Should I stay well clear or have some fun?
oooo this is a tricky one. 24 years is a LONG time: i know she’s not a close friend and has met someone else, but i think i personally would feel hurt if a friend was dating/hooking up with an ex of mine. especially an ex i was with for such a long time.

honestly, only you can judge how she might react as you know her temperament etc. but, if her friendship means something to you, then i don’t know if i would risk it for something fun/casual.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.