Darius

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the last few years were probably quiet because of a car accident and then the dirty water in the Thames that gave him meningitis and he ended up in a coma, pretty significant medical and health scares that would take ages to recover from.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I didn’t know any of that..was he swimming in the Thames? Where did his car accident happen? Would make sense if his medical issues were related to both those incidents. Similar thing happened to a friend of mine, one event after another that greatly impacted his health, he passed away at 37 😔

I think the last few years were probably quiet because of a car accident and then the dirty water in the Thames that gave him meningitis and he ended up in a coma, pretty significant medical and health scares that would take ages to recover from.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve just posted this on the celebrity gossip thread. If Darius was, as is being reported, undergoing treatment for an illness, and dealing with it privately, then that courtesy should be extended to him in death as well. It’s not fair to his family and friends to speculate wildly about what was wrong with him.
Isn't the main rule of tattle not to dictate what you think is acceptable to post? I don't know why some read a thread to tell others of their moral compass.
No one is being disrespectful to his family or friends, what would be disrespectful is standing outside their house asking them questions. But the press don't do that anymore.
He was someone young living next door to a hospital so people will wonder.

I didn’t know any of that..was he swimming in the Thames? Where did his car accident happen? Would make sense if his medical issues were related to both those incidents. Similar thing happened to a friend of mine, one event after another that greatly impacted his health, he passed away at 37 😔
He was recording an advert for a water filter so drank dirty water near a sewerage outlet in the Thames and ended up in a coma.
Later they said it was because he used a demo filter rather than a real one, which sounds very unlikely and was probably to protect the water filter brand.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
He was recording an advert for a water filter so drank dirty water near a sewerage outlet in the Thames and ended up in a coma.
Later they said it was because he used a demo filter rather than a real one, which sounds very unlikely and was probably to protect the water filter brand.
Very weird. Why would they go to the effort of having a "demo filter" manufactured when they could have just grabbed a real one from production?

Reactions: 17
They’re doing their usual ‘ we have something we want to say but can’t so we’ll drop lots of very cryptic clues’ . Except it’s not even that cryptic in this case. Clearly he was unwell and was under going treatment for something, and no doubt it will come out in the wash as the saying goes when there is an inquest etc. Very sad situation all around though.
Whatever caused his death, it’s tragic. May he rest in peace and may Colourblind get to no.1 ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Very weird. Why would they go to the effort of having a "demo filter" manufactured when they could have just grabbed a real one from production?
I suspect it was a real filter and the whole accidentally using a demo filter was made up to save the company from a PR stunt that went very very wrong.

Reactions: 22
Afternoon everyone 😀 have you seen that he was checked into the hotel under the name of Gerard Butler's girlfriend Morgan Brown? And GB visited him in the days before he passed? Might be nothing but my Spidey senses are ahtingling (I am prone to over thinking so could be that 😂)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I wondered how long it would take the press to hint about or focus on his friendship with GB.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
GB has long been rumoured to be gay or at least bisexual. I’ve never heard that about Darius before, though you have to wonder why he was checked in under a different name? It’s not like he was a huge star in the US.

Reactions: 10
I call bullshit. I think they’re just latching onto GB because he’s (former) a-list and it was his last public picture. I never got those vibes from Darius. But yeah, who knows!?!

Reactions: 12
Darius is close friends with rod Stewart? I had no idea he was so connected!

Is colourblind no 1 in the midweeks?

Reactions: 8
Afternoon everyone 😀 have you seen that he was checked into the hotel under the name of Gerard Butler's girlfriend Morgan Brown? And GB visited him in the days before he passed? Might be nothing but my Spidey senses are ahtingling (I am prone to over thinking so could be that 😂)
Maybe he just wanted privacy from the media, hence used a false name when checking in for his treatment. But then why use his pal's girlfriends name?

Reactions: 13
I don't get a gay vibe from Darius at all. It was probably because they were all three close friends and would often visit him. Who knows. VVery sad indeed.

Reactions: 15
I don't get a gay vibe from Darius at all. It was probably because they were all three close friends and would often visit him. Who knows. VVery sad indeed.
Clearly Darius and Gerard had been mates for years, my thought was that maybe GB had paid for the hotel (or was helping towards his medical bills - treatment of any kind in the US is expensive, and whilst I'm sure Darius wasn't penniless, I wouldn't expect him to have hundreds of thousands at his disposal, and would he have had medical cover in place?), and his PA or whoever booked it in the girlfriends name for anonymity, especially as the name Morgan can be used for men or women.

Whatever the reason, illness, other medical issue, gay fling even (which I don't feel is at all likely), his death is really shocking and sad. I think because he was relatively young, and no one knew he was unwell. When Sarah Harding or Tom Parker died for example both deaths were incredibly sad too, but they'd been known to be suffering from terminal cancer whereas this just feels out of the blue. Even if Darius was ill, he had concerts and things booked for the next few months, so whatever the issue he was expecting to still be here.

It's his birthday tomorrow too, that must be devastating for his family.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I adored Darius. I used to travel all over the country to his shows / tv appearances with fellow fans who became two of my best friends.

He always made time for us, and was such a gentleman. Incredibly talented, absolutely gorgeous, and most importantly of all, he was a beautiful soul.

I am so sad that he has passed. I hope that he wasn't alone and didn't suffer.

My heart breaks for his family.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I read that he was looking forward to the Popstars or Pop Idol reunion in a few weeks in which he was taking part along with Gareth Gates and Will Young.

So sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 10