Darius

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just posted this on the celebrity gossip thread. If Darius was, as is being reported, undergoing treatment for an illness, and dealing with it privately, then that courtesy should be extended to him in death as well. It’s not fair to his family and friends to speculate wildly about what was wrong with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
People will of course speculate, it happens all the time with celebrities when they die. As much as I liked and admired Darius tattle is the wrong place to try and police thoughts and comments around the demise of a celebrity.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
People will of course speculate, it happens all the time with celebrities when they die. As much as I liked and admired Darius tattle is the wrong place to try and police thoughts and comments around the demise of a celebrity.
Most people just feel sad and wishes for his loved ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Daily Mail reporting that his apartment block was next to the world famous hospital, The Mayo Clinic. Wonder if he was undergoing medical treatment and passed away from that. Very sad news, he was very young 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Daily Mail reporting that his apartment block was next to the world famous hospital, The Mayo Clinic. Wonder if he was undergoing medical treatment and passed away from that. Very sad news, he was very young 😢
They’re doing their usual ‘ we have something we want to say but can’t so we’ll drop lots of very cryptic clues’ . Except it’s not even that cryptic in this case. Clearly he was unwell and was under going treatment for something, and no doubt it will come out in the wash as the saying goes when there is an inquest etc. Very sad situation all around though.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Passing by the newsstands today is surreal, this news has genuinely taken us all (at least the UK?) by total shock. Looks like he was able to deal with whatever was going on privately as he lived in the US.

I’m not policing the thread, people can post whatever speculation they like. I’m merely voicing my opinion in that I feel it’s disrespectful to Darius as he wasn’t making his illness public.

May he rest in peace.
But you'll make your way into the celebrity gossip forum to disrespectfully read the speculation anyway!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I’ve just posted this on the celebrity gossip thread. If Darius was, as is being reported, undergoing treatment for an illness, and dealing with it privately, then that courtesy should be extended to him in death as well. It’s not fair to his family and friends to speculate wildly about what was wrong with him.
The trouble is, until i read this thread I had no idea he was undergoing any kind of treatment for an illness and/or dealing with it privately!

I thought he was a brilliant singer and fascinating personality, and was surprised to hear of his death. It isnt that odd to wonder how someone who was only 41 died, surely that is natural curiosity.

I find it odd that we live in such strange times, that its seen as disrespectful to wonder how a 41 year old man died? Sometimes a simple factual statement is all that is needed.

Its like all the GDPR stuff to protect everyone's personal data at work, if someone is off work sick, now you aren't allowed to tell anyone, in case it infringes on their personal privacy.
Yet years ago if someone was off sick, someone would organise a whip round and deliver a bunch of flowers to cheer the sick person up. or if someone had a sick child, in hospital, it would be reported discreetly round the office, so that everyone could be supportive.
Generally I think most people do tend to be supportive, if they are allowed to be. When everything is kept private and privacy is upheld to the nth degree, you cant be sympathetic or supportive, because everything is now so secretive, and all emotions are to be kept strictly in check and not discussed at work.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
The trouble is, until i read this thread I had no idea he was undergoing any kind of treatment for an illness and/or dealing with it privately!

I thought he was a brilliant singer and fascinating personality, and was surprised to hear of his death. It isnt that odd to wonder how someone who was only 41 died, surely that is natural curiosity.

I find it odd that we live in such strange times, that its seen as disrespectful to wonder how a 41 year old man died? Sometimes a simple factual statement is all that is needed.

Its like all the GDPR stuff to protect everyone's personal data at work, if someone is off work sick, now you aren't allowed to tell anyone, in case it infringes on their personal privacy.
Yet years ago if someone was off sick, someone would organise a whip round and deliver a bunch of flowers to cheer the sick person up. or if someone had a sick child, in hospital, it would be reported discreetly round the office, so that everyone could be supportive.
Generally I think most people do tend to be supportive, if they are allowed to be. When everything is kept private and privacy is upheld to the nth degree, you cant be sympathetic or supportive, because everything is now so secretive, and all emotions are to be kept strictly in check and not discussed at work.
I hardly know anything about him, just that he seemed a very nice person via the press which is rare in this age. .

Too young though so best wishes to his loved ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm a 41 year old Scottish male and I absolutely loved Darius. Back in 2002/3 my musical tastes were anything but his style, but for some reason I adored his music. I was listening to his album 'Dive In' just a couple of weeks ago and was remarking at what a banger it is and how it still holds up. I'm genuinely devastated at his passing.

I saw him live around 2002 at a Party In The Park type thing and that was where I got together with my girlfriend at the time properly. We bonded over Darius and we used to listen to him all the time.

In 2004 when his second album 'Live Twice' came out I happened to be in town one day and was passing Woolworths when I saw a sign saying that Darius was signing copies of his new album. I went in and joined the queue, being the only male in a sea of women and teenagers. When it was my turn I spoke to him for a couple of minutes and told him that I really liked his music and he could not have been more appreciative. He signed my CD (which I still have) and signed one for my girlfriend.

It wasn't until I'd left the shop I looked at the CD he'd signed for my girlfriend and he had written 'To xxx, Lucky Girl. Darius' That really made me smile and is something I still remember nearly 20 years later.

It says a great deal that of all the comments and tributes I have read about him over the last 24 hours or so, not a single bad word had been said about him. He'll really be missed.

• Heart
Reactions: 116
I wont pretend to be a huge fan of Darius' music, but I really admired him as a person. He certainly had charisma, went his own way, and didn't give a monkeys about what people thought. I can only dream of being as brave as he was

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I loved Darius, and saw him sing twice - O2 Pop Idol concert, and Bournemouth seafront. At the Pop Idol concert his face looked full of wonder when he came on stage to sing his songs. He was very handsome and charismatic, and I feel very sad that he's gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I saw a YouTube comment which mentioned he was derided for saying stuff like 'can you feel the love in the room' but nowadays people do say things like this.

I admired his self belief, the bold statement when he wasn't picked for Popstars which he fulfilled.
And he was soooo handsome, like a movie star of old. I think both his talent and looks were underrated.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I saw a YouTube comment which mentioned he was derided for saying stuff like 'can you feel the love in the room' but nowadays people do say things like this.
I was just talking to my sister about this! I remember we all laughed about it at school because it was just such an odd but cool thing to say back in 2001! He definitely had a very unique way with words!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm a 41 year old Scottish male and I absolutely loved Darius. Back in 2002/3 my musical tastes were anything but his style, but for some reason I adored his music. I was listening to his album 'Dive In' just a couple of weeks ago and was remarking at what a banger it is and how it still holds up. I'm genuinely devastated at his passing.

I saw him live around 2002 at a Party In The Park type thing and that was where I got together with my girlfriend at the time properly. We bonded over Darius and we used to listen to him all the time.

In 2004 when his second album 'Live Twice' came out I happened to be in town one day and was passing Woolworths when I saw a sign saying that Darius was signing copies of his new album. I went in and joined the queue, being the only male in a sea of women and teenagers. When it was my turn I spoke to him for a couple of minutes and told him that I really liked his music and he could not have been more appreciative. He signed my CD (which I still have) and signed one for my girlfriend.

It wasn't until I'd left the shop I looked at the CD he'd signed for my girlfriend and he had written 'To xxx, Lucky Girl. Darius' That really made me smile and is something I still remember nearly 20 years later.

It says a great deal that of all the comments and tributes I have read about him over the last 24 hours or so, not a single bad word had been said about him. He'll really be missed.
Love this. Just read a comment on YouTube from someone who worked at a radio station saying that Darius was so nice and polite to everyone and the staff loved to see him come in. Another person said they know his Dad, a doctor, and said he was so proud of Darius. Speaks volumes that he’d been in the industry so long and there hasn’t been a single bad word said about him.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Why did he stop doing west end theatre? I thought it was going well for him, Gone With The Wind and Chicago. Just strange that there seems to have been so little musical output from him in the last few years.

Reactions: 8
Why did he stop doing west end theatre? I thought it was going well for him, Gone With The Wind and Chicago. Just strange that there seems to have been so little musical output from him in the last few years.
I watched a loose women interview from 2017 and he was touring funny girl around the UK after a successful west end stint (had done hundreds of shows). Not sure if he worked on anything after this, before COVID happened?

Reactions: 6