Danae Mercer Ricci #3 The angle you see vs the nanny you don’t.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This post is so weird and all I can think of when I first saw it was using Aurora’s announcement as an ad. I just can’t understand the mindset that you’d just get this news… I’m guessing from a doctors call… on the street with your baby and think about whipping out your phone to record your teary reaction.

I personally don’t think she’d be doing herself any favors having another baby anyways. The first pregnancy destroyed her recovery and mental health and she is bored of being a mother. She couldn’t go a month post birth before she was dieting and barely made it 2-3 months before she started flirting around all over the world with her little “travel buddy.” That same tit isn’t going to work with 2, even with the behind the camera nanny around. It’ll be too obvious they’re being neglected by her.

Reactions: 7
That post made me really uncomfortable.
same! especially the way that she seems to be saying that she *just* spoke to the doctor and was told her pregnancy isn't viable, and her immediate priority seemed to be to grab her phone and film herself talking about it to share on IG, as opposed to....calling her husband?! like, was Nico even aware of what was happening while she was filming content to share with her followers? telling him seemed to be more of an afterthought, with content her priority - as always. very uncomfortable to watch - d the cringe caption on the post certainly doesn't help. 😔

and not only that, it was only recently that someone asked her if she was planning to have another baby, and she said that she had no intention of trying for a second child anytime soon, as she had her much dreamed of baby girl and her family was perfect as it is. that was only a few months ago she said this, so presumably she then decided that a second content baby was exac what she needed. yet another cute accessory to pose with for content, who would then be palmed of on "the village" to raise, and grow up with a far closer bond to their nanny than their actual mother. she doesn't seem to have adapted well to motherhood - not helped by the fact that she barely looks after her daughter so hasn't learnt even the basics of caring for a baby - a second baby is the last thing she needs! as much as it's awful she has lost a child, she really needs to remember that a baby is for life, not just for content. it's really not fair on a child to be born predominantly because she wants a pregnancy to document and cute newborn photos to boost engagement. 😡

Reactions: 6
This post is so weird and all I can think of when I first saw it was using Aurora’s announcement as an ad. I just can’t understand the mindset that you’d just get this news… I’m guessing from a doctors call… on the street with your baby and think about whipping out your phone to record your teary reaction.

I personally don’t think she’d be doing herself any favors having another baby anyways. The first pregnancy destroyed her recovery and mental health and she is bored of being a mother. She couldn’t go a month post birth before she was dieting and barely made it 2-3 months before she started flirting around all over the world with her little “travel buddy.” That same tit isn’t going to work with 2, even with the behind the camera nanny around. It’ll be too obvious they’re being neglected by her.
Yeah, it's awful she lost a baby but she was asking people where "they" should go next. Not sure how being pregnant and then with 2 small children would work with her mentality of job travel. Also kids need stability and routine.

Reactions: 3
The way she pronounces her daughter’s name makes me want to scream 😩 she sounds demented when she says it.. as a real Italian I get highly offended 🤣

• Haha
Ah, yes. Nothing says genetic gifts like a heavily filtered selfie of you and your baby.
Danae is the absolute definition of hypocrisy. It’s bad enough that she constantly shares so many filtered photos of herself without highlighting that the image is edited - happy to slyly contribute to all the fake images online, while simultaneously basing her content on calling out the dangers of influencers using filters and editing images without being open open about having done so - but to filter selfies of her BABY is truly grim. ffs Danae. she talks so much about the damaging impact of all the unrealistic images shared on social media, and risks they pose to children, yet her daughter will grow up and look back in filtered baby photos and an edited version of her childhood - how does she not see the damage she is already inflicting upon her child with her own body image issues and obsessive focus on her appearance. 😔

she seems to have a huge issue with her nose, as she seems to make a point of sharpening it in every edited/filtered selfie she shares - which is one of the things that makes her edited images so obvious! talking about Aurora having inherited her mother's eyes - i guess it's a good job her daughter seems to have inherited Nico's nose - and seems to look more like Nico in general - as otherwise she would grow up to feel incredibly self conscious, knowing she looks like her mother, when Danae is so self-critical she makes it obvious she hates her appearance.

it's like that AI reel she shared yesterday. while I fully appreciate that AI is becoming more and more advanced, and likely will reach a point where it is possible to adit videos of yourself and have them indistinguishable as fake, it is incredibly obvious that she has edited her appreance in that reel, because she looks weirdly plastic and almost robotic, and if any of her followers who are unable to recognise that is not a realistic image of Danae, it just shows that her endless "real vs posed" content is entirely ineffective. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Screenshot_20240204_133447.jpg

i don't have a clue what "legging legs" are, and more to the point i don't WANT to know about the latest diet culture-fuelled unattainable body standard - it's incredibly irresponsible for Danae to be sharing details of what she describes as "the new thigh gap" obsession in a platform with a huge audience of eating disorder sufferers, who may not have been aware of it until they saw HER post, thus SHE is fuelling people feeling self-conscious about their body and highlighting "flaws" they had never considered. her focus on tiktok body image trends makes it so obvious how obsessed she still is with her own body and appearance, because whilst I was very aware of thigh gaps etc from when I used tumblr in my teens, I hadn't heard of any of the ones Danae has mentioned recently - like the "bikini bridge" and whatever else, yet she is clearly seeking out these trends, using "content" as an excuse to share them on her platform and increase other people's body insecuroties, while adding to her own list of perceived "flaws" to further criticise her body. 🤦🏻‍♂️😡

and more to the point, while I get that influencers sometimes misspell certain words as a way of avoiding being censorised by the algorithm etc - thigh GHAP?! ffs, Danae. IG doesn't give a duck about the term "thigh gap". grow up. 🙄

Screenshot_20240205_190950.jpg

Reactions: 6
@AliceInWanderLost Yeah, agree. I've thought for a bit now that Danae only highlights things that promote more insecurities. She obviously spends an obsessive amount of time on social media and is projecting her insecurities onto everyone.

Reactions: 4
Speaking of insecurities. She's constantly living in the 90s and forgets (doesn't know?) even people on "diets" eat fat now because...it satiates. So she's either speaking to people with severe EDs or to herself--someone still in the throws of her disorder.

IMG_20240207_131054.jpg

Reactions: 1
I always found it so gross that she only makes these comments with things that aren’t high calorie (milk in coffee) or in a literal health bowl like this one she’s sharing. Either she truly is deep into her ED again that she’s telling herself this or she knows her audience is made up of people who struggle with these thoughts (in which case we need to side eye her cleanse and daily gym bunny tit she’s been promoting).

On that note right after she shared that she linked to this guys video with this portion showing on her story and girl….

IMG_0773.jpeg

Do you not hear the irony of him saying those words yet all you do is contort and stretch and squeeze and up the photo contrast on your flaws to tell people this is normal when you’re thin and a generally a very attractive person?

i mean, it's also okay to eat at places other than smoothie bars that promote their "clean, healthy food", and order more than a glass of water anda a protein bowls of predominantly leaves, salad and organic chicken, plus a sprinkle of quinoa and a few cubes of feta - both of which we know she won't eat - with a drizzle of harissa/tahini that is hardly a high calorie dressing - a me ordered mainly for the aesthetic photo. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Screenshot_20240207_153726.jpg

Reactions: 2
Also got to appreciate with that food pic the not so subtle body checking showing her thighs not touching as she's sitting down with her legs together.

• Angry
I feel that all the “it’s ok” stuff Danae posts is just her trying to convince herself. like they’re affirmations she has to repeat

Reactions: 2
I feel that all the “it’s ok” stuff Danae posts is just her trying to convince herself. like they’re affirmations she has to repeat
100% - all of it, the "it's okay to have dressing on your salad" and "it's okay to have milk in your coffee", in addition to the "it's okay to have skin folds/stretchmarks/bloat". these are all reassurance she shares for her own benefit, because they specifically reference "flaws" that she feels uncomfortable about in her own body, and addresses struggles SHE has with food. eating disorders are different for every individual, yet Danae highlights things she struggles with, as though they apply to everyone - and it's damaging, because people who usually add milk to their coffee as it isn't something they specifically struggle with may then. question whether they should be - sharing behaviours in that way just fuels the illness and often leads to further restriction, in the sense that if Danae usually asks for salad dressing to be added on the side of her plate or has to encourage herself to drink coffee with milk - sharing behaviours she struggles with personally just gives the impression that other people should be struggling similarly, because that is how eating disorders work. they are a total mindfuck and there is so much comparison involved, which Danae is fully aware of. that's what makes me so angry - she knows exactly what she's doing! she knows she is triggering people and placing her audience ta further risk. all these affirmations and reassurances she shares in her stories on a daily basis and things she could be saying to herself, or writing notes to stick on her mirror - or doing anything she needs to remind HERSELF that it's okay to eat and that all the "flaws" she sees when she looks at her body are totally normal. and don't need to be changed, without focrllrcing them down the throats of vulnerable people in a way that will do far more harm than good.

and as for her latest reel, yet again editing her body to appear slimmer under th guise that she somehow has a responsibility to show her audience how easy it is to alter your appearance - when in reality, editing herself to create her "ideal" body is just something she enjoys - but to actually share the name of the app she is using in the reel is utterly irresponsible. she has created that reel supposedly to warn people about how damaging apps like that are, and the potential they have to cause genuine harm as people won't realise the images/videos they are seeing aren't filtered and manipulated beyond belief - yet then goes on to share the bleeping app because her followers have asked her! yeah Danae, because they want to use it to adit photos of themselves to create their own "ideal" body. her content is damaging and dangerous and she needs to take some responsibility for the detrimental impact it will be having on her venerable audience - many of who are young people/teens. 😡😡