Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MillionDollarBaby

VIP Member
Someone's reading here. Maybe don't google yourself Danae.
Mine was the top comment. My whole comment finished with something alone the lines of the final straw for me was her birth announcement being an ad. Funny how she didn’t include that bit.

Reactions: 20
Another influencer (although she's transitioning from influencing and looking for a more regular 9-5), Triplets of Copenhagen posted this yesterday. She lives in Norway and there was a big movement there against sharing your kids online. Here's a message from a Norwegian brand that will only work with you if you DON'T share your kids faces. The brand actually double checked she consciously does not share her kids faces, and advised they don't want the kids to be part of the ad, before offering a collab. We need more of this!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The ENTIRE persona that she provides online is exactly that a persona. I have dealt with her and multiple people I know back when she was the editor for a magazine (for a hot second). She’s actually extremely bitter, insecure and vicious. She is the opposite of a woman’s woman and has about 3 friends who are all as obnoxious and annoying as her and all just as ditzy.
She has built some following on the back of body positivity, as a think woman contorting herself for likes and now she can’t back down because deep down she has no real talents and is utterly uninteresting. It’s a sad sad day when you have to pimp out an innocent child to get some attention and frankly as a mother and to an audience of others who may not be as fortunate to have children it’s so irresponsible. Just my (harsh) 2 cents.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hi Danae!

Have you noticed these threads only started after you had your much longed for rainbow baby and monetised the pregnancy and birth story with every post being a paid sponsorship and advert for a pregnancy test? Did you notice the number of posts here then increased after you used aforementioned precious rainbow baby constantly for content?

The body positivity posts were all one note and getting tedious.
You have been told the much longed for baby can no longer be used for content.
Now you are desperately scraping the barrel by actively looking for negative comments online and posting them so your followers can boost your ego.
Give it a rest love.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

15minutesoffame

VIP Member
She included my comments on her story. I saw it and felt bad. I'm not a mean person and wouldn't intentionally hurt anyone or bully given i was bullied myself as a child.

However, this felt like a 'safe space' to just have a rant, sometimes you follow and genuinely like the influencer, but then you pay more attention and realise this isn't what it seems, sometimes they make you feel bad/negative/ irritated/lied to.

Specifically, I find the portrayal of motherhood damaging to young women/mothers to be. It isn't all sunshine and rainbows and she has hidden the help she's receiving and never shown any tiredness as a new mother. That surprised me.

The truth is, we all probably liked her at one point, and the reason we are here is because of her!

Not everyone can like you, people will gossip, this isn't personally attacking, she has plenty of people who do like her so why find the people who aren't her bag? Seems to me she should look into why she needs everyone to love her, instead of accusing us of not empowering women and being sad bully's.

Anyways, I've unfollowed her and would rather not look at her content again. I didn't hate her, I just found the portrayal of motherhood unhelpful so wanted to find others who felt the same.
Feels that she is watching and policing those who don't like her.

Reactions: 15

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
The 180 on showing the baby is crazy to me, she should just be honest in that she’s haemorrhaging followers and wants to change her content up

Reactions: 15

Ashad

Chatty Member
I was quite indifferent to this influencer but this thread really opened my eyes and now after seeing her u-turn on showing her baby I think she is awful. Just another influencer making money showing her baby- ignoring the dangers of the internet. How does it not freak her out that thousands of strangers can save pictures of her kid on their phone???

Reactions: 14

VNDO

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20231013-101344_Instagram.jpg

"They" have nanies danae? Why didn't you say "we" have nannies? Because you sure as hell have it.

Reactions: 13

threadedpens

While it's not okay for scam brands to take influencer content and pretend they're advertising for them.. Can we appreciate the hypocrisy of Danae calling out detoxing diets as "nonsense" when she spent two weeks advertising a whole-ass cleanse/detox trip abroad where she engaged in such innovative practices such as eating a plate of dry lettuce with 5 croutons?

• Heart

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
genuinely wish she would stop with her hypocritical "don't forget to eat today" as she poses with a tiny plate of salad and a bowl of detox broth. same with her showing off the breakfast available, with emphasis on "health does not equal starvation" - yet the breakfast in oles detox juices - all the usual spirlina, spinach, cucumber, turmeric, kale, guava, zucchini combos - fruit - although mango seemed to be the only option - what likes like a big bowl of some detox chai seed pudding concoction, and - if you're really feeling wild - you can order eggs! the epitome of non-disordered eating, eh Danae. 🙄🙄

Denise0211

VIP Member
Danae, you don't just hire "a village." This is why I can't stand her and have trouble feeling sorry for her. She's so privileged and really out of touch. Why not go back to Florence and create a real village? Make friends. Take Aurora to the park, meet other families, let her play with other BABIES, spend time with Nicco's extended family. This seems so isolating for Aurora despite her being a world traveller at not even 9 months old. If Florence isn't working she needs to talk about this to her husband sooner rather than later.

magazine&wineparty

Check out the retreat's insta page, every post is hashtagged with #detox #weightloss. So she can write all the crap about resetting her mental health all she wants, but it's in black and white, their business is to get clients to lose weight.

• Angry
Reactions: 12

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
Danae can say what she likes about having to use terms like "seggs" to avoid posts being deleted if she uses the word "sex" etc, but she is taking it so far out of context, it's very clear that it has nothing to do with rules/boundaries on social media, and she's just trying to sound cutesy. "wedgeh" is bad enough, but "cell u light"?! grow the fuck up, Danae. as if any post on social media is removed because a creator dares to use the word *gasp* cellulite *shock, horror*-especially as it's a term she has used repeatedly in previous posts. it's genuinely embarrassing! 🙄🙄

threadedpens

There's something really gross about a person who has cultivated a following of people who have body image issues and having spent years telling them their flaws are perfect to be promoting a weight loss cleanse trip, giving it her safe space stamp of approval when lets be real here.. you're only losing weight in the mere week that you're there because you ate so little. It's fine to strive to be healthy and that includes weight loss but anyone who has ever lost weight knows that no one is learning new eating habits, adjusting their fitness activity etc from such a short and expensive vacation trip. It's just so predatory. Also feels icky how she's having everyone write in a long heartfelt comment about how the trip can change their life to be eligible for entry.

• Heart

Itsjustmesmee

VIP Member
Maybe if you didn't travel for 2 months moving your baby from one bed and country to the next your baby would be settled in their own cot ? Just a thought 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11

AliceInWanderLost

VIP Member
ha, every single one of those quotes in her reel are copied directly from tattle! she's sharing it as though she's been receiving endless critical DMs and comment she hasn't been able to avoid, when in actuality, she feels "vulnerable" because she chooses to read tattle thus actively goes out of her way to read people's negative opinions of her behaviour - which they are entirely entitled to! sure, it would be "bullying" if people were hounding her and flooding her inbox with nasty messages - but it's hardly bullying when you choose to search a gossip site to read people's comments!

but ofc, since she's no longer exploiting her daughter, she is clearly desperate and scraping the barrel for content - hence her choosing to totally manipulate the narrative to twist the situation into benefitting HER, because the moment she uses sympathy-enduring terms like "bullying" and "venerable", it's all "poor me", which she knows her it will boost engagement as her fans flock to the comments to leave sickenly supportive comments and slag off the "haterz". 🙄🙄

Reactions: 11