Daisy May Cooper #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she stuck to the writing and acting and gave up on the celeb presence she would appear less messy. It’s not like she is without talent. She has a skill and talent. It’s her need for celebrity that will be her downfall eventually.

Reactions: 19
I am enjoying AIBU but knowing she uses Mumsnet now to leave her husband I now also wonder where some of her material comes from 🤣

Reactions: 3
This came up on TikTok the other day (I’ve linked to YouTube). I saw it years ago before I’d seen This Country and still find it hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
This country was great, largely because of the supporting actors. Whatever her latest is called, I switched off when she was shitting on a toilet. It kind of summed up what I was watching.

is it just me, or does anyone else think she might be Ronnie Barkers secret love child….?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This country was great, largely because of the supporting actors. Whatever her latest is called, I switched off when she was shitting on a toilet. It kind of summed up what I was watching.

is it just me, or does anyone else think she might be Ronnie Barkers secret love child….?
Haha no comment to your closing statement but her latest, am I being unreasonable, gets better honestly. I’d check it out. It’s unlike ANYTHING I’ve watched before and her little lad is a delight!!

Reactions: 11
I absolutely LOVED This Country however I am less than enamoured with DMC nowadays. She’s clearly having a bit of a mid life crisis / letting fame go to her head and seems to have completely lost the plot. Her behaviour on NMTB is nothing short of embarrassing and she looks ridiculous with the grey hair, cake face make up and shite fake nails.
Charlie was obviously the funny one out of the two because DMC is about as amusing as a fire in an orphanage.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
me and my partner were speculating on whether they dress themselves or have a stylist / wardrobe, I said I really hope no one's dressing her because if they are they're doing her a dirty...

Reactions: 6
Charlie was obviously the funny one out of the two because DMC is about as amusing as a fire in an orphanage
I disagree with this I think. Her AIBU show is just as funny as This Country and it shows that DMC is actually is talented in her own right. What she isn’t however, is a stand up comedian who can do off the cuff remarks like the others on NMTB. She isn’t suited to that format at all. I think that if you were maybe in a one to one conversation with her, you’d probably be in stitches, but it doesn’t work on a panel show.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don't like AIBU. I saw 3 episodes and she's okay in it but I don't think I've laughed once and the 'thriller' side of it just isn't my cup of tea.
I'm glad she seems to be turning things round though

I disagree with this I think. Her AIBU show is just as funny as This Country and it shows that DMC is actually is talented in her own right. What she isn’t however, is a stand up comedian who can do off the cuff remarks like the others on NMTB. She isn’t suited to that format at all. I think that if you were maybe in a one to one conversation with her, you’d probably be in stitches, but it doesn’t work on a panel show.
Fair enough. I used to think her tiktoks were funny at the beginning of lockdown so she probably is funny in her own right, however I also think since she has had a makeover, she isn’t funny. Just my opinion.

Reactions: 5
Haha no comment to your closing statement but her latest, am I being unreasonable, gets better honestly. I’d check it out. It’s unlike ANYTHING I’ve watched before and her little lad is a delight!!
I’m checking it out, but I want your address in case it’s a waste of my time!

Reactions: 2
I watched it all. It was ok. Better than I had expected from the first couple of episodes, but nothing on This Country.

I can't relate to how someone who is such a talented and perceptive writer/ actor can come across as being so, well, 'base' in her public persona.

Reactions: 9
I can't relate to how someone who is such a talented and perceptive writer/ actor can come across as being so, well, 'base' in her public persona.
I think that’s a lot of the issue with social media isn’t it. There’s a line between being a famous comedy actor and a celebrity. DMC is a great writer and actress IMO but she comes across as a terrible celebrity personality on social media.

Reactions: 7
Yes I read something where she said when she was in hospital having her son, it was during covid. Partners couldn't visit and she was so relieved she realised she must not love him. And she didn't want to go home. I wonder if she ever thought it was PND?
Anyway poor man having that broadcast. And the children knowing.

(Not sure if already posted here but I read on twitter recently Charlie's partner has just had a baby boy. Their dad tweeted it).
Oh really! I always thought Charlie was in a r/s with a guy

• Wow
Reactions: 1