Cruise Creators Cruising for a Living!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a laugh that G&A complaining about attention spans when they cycle in and out of stuff all the time and him saying he'd quit YT if they didn't get to 100k last year.

I used to like Gary, but he went all in with clickbait and patreon after meeting with someone at YT offices in London. Then, group cruises etc. and now constantly telling everyone that they're doing everything wrong. Like other YouTubers, it's now become more about him and less about what he's covering. And let's not forget that nothing measures up to Queen's Grill on Cunard.

Reactions: 3
We finally unsubscribed to Parodeejay....their content is just awful anymore...how many damn Alaska cruises can one watch. The content has become mind numbingly dull and repetitive. The so called new health regime is a joke, multiple desserts EVERY DAY! Dee actually said "I eat fruit for dessert" then shows her chocolate cake, or ice cream, or pastry ....and apple pie or crumble doesn't count as fruit. Oye, and why does she keep chopping her hair off - it looks absolutely terrible!! It is so much more flattering longer - if you have a thick neck and double chin cutting it there accentuates it. There are way too many cruise vloggers that do a better job - minus stupid sound effects and constant unimportant babble...and the entitled attitude that's starting to show through.

Reactions: 4
I don't blame you. Thanks for unsubscribing since so many forget to.
I don't care for many anymore. I like Talking Cruise because he shows stuff but it's not all about him, like "Well, I got up late, I'm going to get coffee" etc.

Reactions: 1
Because money.
I saw you can pay to have a private zoom call from them. I enjoy their videos but can’t imagine paying for a zoom call, how awkward. I wonder if they are awkward or if they script some bad jokes like they do in their videos!

• Haha
Love it! G & A say no more click bait then they post 85 dollars a day on Celebrity for an Alaska cruise. That is a big no for that cruise. I am amazed on how they can afford these trips! It sure is not from selling $100 dollar beach towels. Oh and get prepared for Jazz Hands and Mr Excitement, Don heading out on Princess next week for a NE/Canada cruise. It is a one way so Jazz Hands has to fly back from Quebec. Jazz gets to wear that stupid black watch hat that he thinks he looks cool in. Bad as that dumb blue hat that he used to wear that just sat on the top of his head. He even had a name for it, Old Blue! LOL guess everyone names their hats! Just think of Klayko had to name all of his hats!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Jeez, how many problems will he and Don run into traveling? I always laugh when Don gets better accommodation or flights and leaves Tony behind like when they went to Asia a few years back. Maybe Don will be in the "ship in a ship" and he'll email Tony how good it is.

I can't with that stupid bleeping dye job on Jazz Hands, it looks ridiculous. Plus holy crap he looks ill - it shows in his eyes, they look bad. Those purple nails along with how unwell he looks in his eyes - he's having a major health crisis - he better get to that cardiologist STAT.

I can't with that stupid bleeping dye job on Jazz Hands, it looks ridiculous. Plus holy crap he looks ill - it shows in his eyes, they look bad. Those purple nails along with how unwell he looks in his eyes - he's having a major health crisis - he better get to that cardiologist STAT.
Wow I thought I was the only one that thought he looked like tit. Well he said that he does not go to the heart dr until Oct 4th. He did state earlier that when they did another ultrasound of his thyroid, the person stated that it really got bigger since the last ultrasound. Maybe not a good sign but then it could be nothing. Still it is serious and he should be worried. Sadly if it was me, my wife would have told me cancel the cruise and stay home because you have too many health issues going on. But no he has to go so he can earn some money and does not disappoint the Loca Fam. Hopefully he survives this trip. And the dye job is so funny! Talk about being vain but then both of them do it so guess they have to stay young looking for the Fam. Plus Jenny most of the time pulls her hair back which just doesn't help the look. But then she hardly shows up in anything anymore so who cares. It is all about him!

Wow I thought I was the only one that thought he looked like tit. Well he said that he does not go to the heart dr until Oct 4th. He did state earlier that when they did another ultrasound of his thyroid, the person stated that it really got bigger since the last ultrasound. Maybe not a good sign but then it could be nothing. Still it is serious and he should be worried. Sadly if it was me, my wife would have told me cancel the cruise and stay home because you have too many health issues going on. But no he has to go so he can earn some money and does not disappoint the Loca Fam. Hopefully he survives this trip. And the dye job is so funny! Talk about being vain but then both of them do it so guess they have to stay young looking for the Fam. Plus Jenny most of the time pulls her hair back which just doesn't help the look. But then she hardly shows up in anything anymore so who cares. It is all about him!
I remember him saying once a long time ago they he went to like Supercuts or something and Jenny went to the cosmetology school to get stuff done. It's funny, because when we first started watching them, my spouse would always comment how together Jenny usually looked. That was pre-pandemic through to the first post sailings.
Maybe Tony's trying to have a major medical issue on a cruise to see if he can film it. If he has a major medical issue and posts it up, I'm sure the tips and superheats will roll in. Because people.

Love it! G & A say no more click bait then they post 85 dollars a day on Celebrity for an Alaska cruise. That is a big no for that cruise. I am amazed on how they can afford these trips! It sure is not from selling $100 dollar beach towels. Oh and get prepared for Jazz Hands and Mr Excitement, Don heading out on Princess next week for a NE/Canada cruise. It is a one way so Jazz Hands has to fly back from Quebec. Jazz gets to wear that stupid black watch hat that he thinks he looks cool in. Bad as that dumb blue hat that he used to wear that just sat on the top of his head. He even had a name for it, Old Blue! LOL guess everyone names their hats! Just think of Klayko had to name all of his hats!
I don't know what you meanLol. Why you would ever believe vlog titles like. Getting HUSTLED in Ketchikan, KICKED OUT on DAY TWO, GETTING ROBBED IN COZUMEL and Seriously Costa Maya WHAT A JOKE, seem like fun innocent vlogs to watch. If only I had the time to watch, but no! I need to watch my freshly painted house dry.
---
But, he practices intermittent fasting, well kinda. He's getting healthier by taking a few hours off of continuous grazing snacks and drinking venti caramel Starbucks mochachinos with whipped cream. .

Last edited:
  • Haha
So they switched to cruising? An equally if not even more saturated market? There is nothing unique, informative or grabbing about their videos. The voice overs are akin to the teacher from Ferris Buehler's Day Off. But, her constant belittling of him is what is awful. If you don't like your husband, divorce him. But, don't make the poor man suffer as your whipping boy.
From what I understand Taylor and Josh do mostly photography offline now, and maybe some trip planning, and just record their travels when they go on an unusual trip. I heard in a video or podcast or something that they stopped enjoying being on camera all the time.

• Haha
That means they stopped getting views because there are 4000 cruise channels now because most of them encourage their stans to start their own channels. I wonder how many went whole hog and just quit a job or something to do it and had to go find another one because it's not sustainable for 100 vloggers on every cruise now.

That means they stopped getting views because there are 4000 cruise channels now because most of them encourage their stans to start their own channels. I wonder how many went whole hog and just quit a job or something to do it and had to go find another one because it's not sustainable for 100 vloggers on every cruise now.
Their is so much truth in this statement. So many people out there trying to be vloggers and they get low subscribers. Everyone including me went oh wow I can do it too! But then after a few months, I just went too much work for so little reward so I moved on. So many channels just disappeared from the cruise vlogger scene. Even the ones that are there now,LLL, SAST, Parodeejay and others have seen their growth slow down. And content for a lot of the above channels are starting to get boring. Some of the vlogs it is the same old spiel at the same port. Just like the vloggers cruise, people were lining up to slobber all over the kings of the cruise vlogs! And they are going to do another one in the future! Oh well life goes on and they are not going to go away. Just rehash the same tit over and over!

Indeed. Ben and David had a moanfest about going in the Haven on NCL. They thought because they had a drinks package, they should have those drinks delivered to the room if they want because they were in the Haven. Also complained because the menu in the Haven restaurant was the same all week and didn't have enough variety. I don't think being in the Haven keeps you from going to any of the other restaurants.

Their is so much truth in this statement. So many people out there trying to be vloggers and they get low subscribers. Everyone including me went oh wow I can do it too! But then after a few months, I just went too much work for so little reward so I moved on. So many channels just disappeared from the cruise vlogger scene. Even the ones that are there now,LLL, SAST, Parodeejay and others have seen their growth slow down. And content for a lot of the above channels are starting to get boring. Some of the vlogs it is the same old spiel at the same port. Just like the vloggers cruise, people were lining up to slobber all over the kings of the cruise vlogs! And they are going to do another one in the future! Oh well life goes on and they are not going to go away. Just rehash the same tit over and over!
There are very few area of Youtube that are not over saturated with people ginning up content. In Disney/Central Florida market is saturated, the Las Vegas vlogger market is overrun, cruise vloggers area dime a dozen. In non-travel vlogs that are automotive review, or repiar, or let’s see if we can get this old jalopy to run, and tech review channels etc. For ever successful or at least semi-successful channel there at ten or hundred that just flounder. Youtube as a career or at least money making enterprise is more and more a long shot. Josh and Taylor I respect for seeing the Disney market was hopeless but moving to the travel and cruise vlogging is pretty much the same.

From what I understand Taylor and Josh do mostly photography offline now, and maybe some trip planning, and just record their travels when they go on an unusual trip. I heard in a video or podcast or something that they stopped enjoying being on camera all the time.
They still seem to put out videos on a regular schedule, so they seem to be on camera still. At least Taylor is. I don't know how much Josh is in them these days other than his monotone voiceovers.
---
The odd thing is that many channels flounder for years with lack luster quality and sun 1000 subscribers, yet they seem to carry on.... I guess they do it for the passion?

Does anyone watch Travel With Josh and Taylor? They used to be big bit seem pretty irrelevant now. They rarely put out videos and they are awful when they do. Monotone voice overs and Taylor griping at Josh nonstop. I have never seen a woman berate a man more than she does. Why he puts up with it or her I'll never know. He must have zero self esteem or like to be treated like he isn't worth anything because she is horrible to him. On camera no less. Imagine how she treats him when the camera isn't rolling. And she thinks it's cute too. I can't imagine married to that.

A bar crawl at a theme park? As in a Disney park? Can't get much classier than that. I found their channel a few months back because of their Alaska cruise. But a bar crawl? Are they early 20's? Because they look early 40's. I'm sorry, I have no issue with drinking. I drink and I drink at Disney but a Disney bar crawl sounds incredibly white trash.
If I recall correctly when Josh and Taylor were the WDW Couple they hung out with all the usual Disney vloggers, but after one particularly obnoxious bar crawl they stopped. I even recall that halfway through the crawl Josh peaced out of the event, and Taylor finished it. Maybe on Nate’s channel it was clear they left early from it. I don’t exactly recall. I do recall they went from being all in on Disney vlogging and out in fairly short order. My theory is that Josh had enough of the 30 and 40 somethings acting 20 all the time and left. I could be wrong. Taylor always seemed more into the Disney/Universal vlogger scene than Josh. It is one of his few redeeming qualities.

They did a couple of those bar crawls. One for the skyliner and another for something esle. They did them with Paging Mr Morrow and Super Enthoused. Dynamics have certainly changed there and I recall at least one that didn't include the WDW Couple. The Skyliner one was pre pandemic in Jan 2020. It is still on their channel.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.