Cruise Creators Cruising for a Living!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought it might be interesting to see everyone's thoughts on cruise creators. Here are some thoughts to kick it off;
  • La Lido Loca - Perhaps the ones that started the whole cruise community. But I find Tony drones too much on cruise news, EVERY DAY, a new cruise news video. One can only take so much COVID talk.
  • Don's Family Vacations - Much of the same type of content from La Lido Loca. Being Canadian he certainly hasn't been on cruise overdrive lately like all the others.
  • ParoDeeJay - They have been making up for lost time with a lot of cruises since cruising restarted. Dee caught COVID on the Mardi Gras.
  • Sea Cruisers - Haven't cruised in a long time and she had to move on from cruising to other "business opportunities" due to some issues with their last group cruise. This is probably the most drama filled channel given Amy and Elizabeth's fallout several years ago.
  • Cruising with Ben and David - They have a lot of high quality content. Based out of the UK.
  • Griff & Alyssa - They seem to also be on cruise overload. THey do a lot of clickbait and seem to puff themselves up a lot more than they really are. They tried to get into the RVing game but fizzled out pretty fast. They never went anywhere in their RV, they ignored all the warnings from their audience and all the warnings came true. Expensive gas, high insurance and floating shelves.
  • Cruise Tips TV - Perhaps the most Travel Channel like content, but it seems Sherri is a narcissist at heart.
  • Josh Hocum - Way to hyper. WOW!!!
  • Sharon at Sea - The king and queen of the three hour livestream. Does Jamie ever stop talking long enough for Sharon to get a word in?

Reactions: 2
You forgot The Ship Show! Love John, but just don't like their weekly live format or Doodles. Wish John would do more actual vlogs.

About La Lido Loca - really enjoyed them at first - Love Jenny, she seems like a sweet woman. Tony.... really liked him at first but he has gotten bad with the click bait titles, begging for views and subscribers - and now getting an attitude for being called out on the click bait titles. Dude really?! And I think it's because the channel gained a lot of popularity during covid but now is stagnant. No growth whatsoever lately... I think he may be panicking a bit because as so many lazy vloggers do - he's relying on youtube for his income instead of working a real job. Sitting on your ass looking up the latest cruise news then repeating it is not a job. His attitude lately (aka ENTITLEMENT) is a HUGE turn off for us lately and unsubscribed. Oh, and on their last live stream he actually addressed fans sending them gifts - to send smaller packages and not big ones. What? It really rubbed me wrong - instead of saying thank you but it's really not necessary to send gifts - just send smaller easier to get packages. Not cool.

Reactions: 1
About La Lido Loca - really enjoyed them at first - Love Jenny, she seems like a sweet woman. Tony.... really liked him at first but he has gotten bad with the click bait titles, begging for views and subscribers - and now getting an attitude for being called out on the click bait titles. Dude really?! And I think it's because the channel gained a lot of popularity during covid but now is stagnant. No growth whatsoever lately... I think he may be panicking a bit because as so many lazy vloggers do - he's relying on youtube for his income instead of working a real job. Sitting on your ass looking up the latest cruise news then repeating it is not a job. His attitude lately (aka ENTITLEMENT) is a HUGE turn off for us lately and unsubscribed. Oh, and on their last live stream he actually addressed fans sending them gifts - to send smaller packages and not big ones. What? It really rubbed me wrong - instead of saying thank you but it's really not necessary to send gifts - just send smaller easier to get packages. Not cool.
The only cruise tubers I watch are Tony and Don. I agree with your post. Tony has a good “news reader” persona, but I don’t like the way he’s been acting lately. Yeah dude, your title was bleeping clickbaity and people are calling you out on it and now you’re making a video where you whine about people and are wasting MY time while I’m just trying to get some news. But you do you, Tony.

He moved to Florida to focus on cruising at a really bad time and it hasn’t worked out like he thought so I think he’s getting desperate. If you check out the thread on Disney vlogger Michael Kay it’s a similar story.

The only cruise tubers I watch are Tony and Don. I agree with your post. Tony has a good “news reader” persona, but I don’t like the way he’s been acting lately. Yeah dude, your title was bleeping clickbaity and people are calling you out on it and now you’re making a video where you whine about people and are wasting MY time while I’m just trying to get some news. But you do you, Tony.

He moved to Florida to focus on cruising at a really bad time and it hasn’t worked out like he thought so I think he’s getting desperate. If you check out the thread on Disney vlogger Michael Kay it’s a similar story.
Don seems like a good guy - but not the most vibrant youtube personality. He seems much more appreciative than Tony lately. The click bait whining video was just ... pathetic. He even admitted he did it partly because he had no other content but had to put something out - gotta play that algorithm! Another likable youtuber turned into an entitled jerk chasing the easy $$$$$ playing the algorithm game.

I find “Lois No Cruise Control” super annoying on insta stories and you tube vlog. She’s so desperate to look like an influencer she marks things as gifted that anyone gets (eg bottle of fizz in certain room categories) and tagging the cruise line PR saying thank you (thinly veiled begging). All her stories when she’s on cruise ships just show her massive moon head and not the actual ship features. She is one of those that just loves to tell everyone she’s been on ninety million cruises and spends all her annual leave every year on cruises 🥱

Also cruise with Ben and David - undoubtedly very high quality content but the one with the beard is a proper little witch! They volunteered to give Covid vaccines just so they could get their own vaccines and get back to their freebie cruises - someone called them out on it and the beard one posted a proper ‘Daily Mail sad face’ selfie saying they were being bullied 🙄

• Heart
I really like cruise with Ben and David and I quite like emma too. Emma doesn’t make me want to go on a cruise particularly unlike Ben and David. I have no idea why I’ve been watching either as I have no intention to cruise 😂

I feel it’s sick there’s monetised videos now on YouTube with dramatic thumbnails profiting off breaking the news a passenger fell no doubt to their death from their balcony

So I had gone back to watching La Lido Loca here and there - until yesterday. I guess some people complained about him making digs at Canadian accents/words ... he was joking about his friend Don, I really didn't find anything offensive but it seems others did. The problem was Tony's response - all he needed to say was "I was just kidding around with my friend Don" or say nothing at all. Instead he threw a hissy fit - my husband and I both looked at each other and said "WTF?" It was ridiculous - he was nasty and yet again pulled the clickbait crap by titling the vlog "an apology". He made it so much worse, hubby turned to me and said "I'm done, won't give him another view". Sorry Tony but the excuse "it's my sense of humor" only goes so far.

You forgot The Ship Show! Love John, but just don't like their weekly live format or Doodles. Wish John would do more actual vlogs.
Glad to have found this thread. It doesn't look like there is much to talk about for cruise creators. John's show is much more of a variety show than cruise talk. He goes on cruises and I think he records vlogs but then it kind of stops there. He doesn't seem to have the passion for the vlogs. Doodles seems okay but John seems to be funny and just out to have a good time.

I feel it’s sick there’s monetised videos now on YouTube with dramatic thumbnails profiting off breaking the news a passenger fell no doubt to their death from their balcony
Yes, I find this very strange. I don't know why they have to post a video at all.

Has anyone been watching any of the Wonder of the Seas videos? It seems like anybody who is anybody was on that first cruise. Even the nobodies that want to be somebodies were on it. I haven't watched a lot, but heard LLL complaining about the ship not being quite ready. Perhaps he was bitter because he didn't get media credentials like some others?

G&A seem to have gone all in on cruising. Moving to daily vlogs on a second channel. It looks like they are being kicked out of the room they have been renting at someone else's house. It doesn't seem like they were expecting to have to move so fast. Not sure what went on there, but found it strange they were recording a video at midnight talking loud and running a juicer. Perhaps they are mad at the home owner and that was payback?

• Haha
What bugs me most about these cruise news videos, and it is mostly Don and La Lido Loca is the ALL CAPS in all their titles. They must have the caps lock key stuck on their keyboards or something.

La Lido Loca .... what the heck did Tony do?! He dyed his beard and hair and it looks ... not good, strange, weird. He needs to go back to natural.

They are all going quickly the way of the crazed disney vloggers sadly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.