Cruise Creators #2 Clickbait on the High Seas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, and I feel sorry for folks who use Don or these others as a travel agent. He can't manage to get trips for himself right, how's he going to manage mine or someone else's?
Someone asked in FB group for the ship I’m going on at the end of August if anyone else was having issues with the website accepting their final payment or recognizing they’d made it. Some smug TA commented “that’s why you should always use a travel agent”. What?! All I hear about cruise TAs are nightmares with money not being paid to the cruise line, incorrect stuff being booked, etc. Friends who booked a package through an agent for their March Break cruise were booked on a flight home to Canada departing Miami at 11 am when the ship was due to dock at 7 am. I told them they better be self disembarking or they’ll never make it between collecting their cases and clearing customs and then getting to the airport, then checking cases again and going through security. Somehow they made the flights.

I honestly was going to ask if they booked with Don because he’s the only moron I know who books a flight back to Canada the morning he docks because he doesn’t want to wait for the 1 or 2 pm or later flights. Then witches on YT when the ship is held up with Customs and Air Canada doesn’t want to give him a free change.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Someone asked in FB group for the ship I’m going on at the end of August if anyone else was having issues with the website accepting their final payment or recognizing they’d made it. Some smug TA commented “that’s why you should always use a travel agent”. What?! All I hear about cruise TAs are nightmares with money not being paid to the cruise line, incorrect stuff being booked, etc. Friends who booked a package through an agent for their March Break cruise were booked on a flight home to Canada departing Miami at 11 am when the ship was due to dock at 7 am. I told them they better be self disembarking or they’ll never make it between collecting their cases and clearing customs and then getting to the airport, then checking cases again and going through security. Somehow they made the flights.

I honestly was going to ask if they booked with Don because he’s the only moron I know who books a flight back to Canada the morning he docks because he doesn’t want to wait for the 1 or 2 pm or later flights. Then witches on YT when the ship is held up with Customs and Air Canada doesn’t want to give him a free change.
That's all he does is gripe. Jesus, just have lunch at the airport and relax. Fortunately for your friends, the cruise port and airport aren't terribly far from each other in Miami.

That's all he does is gripe. Jesus, just have lunch at the airport and relax. Fortunately for your friends, the cruise port and airport aren't terribly far from each other in Miami.
No thank goodness! Honestly I was waiting all day to hear from them that there was an issue but they made it back on time.

Everytime I click on one of his videos to see if anything has changed, it’s the same old same old. All his drama about the house he’s renting being sold and how hard it is to find a new place, etc. 1. There’s something shady with your finances if you’re in your late 50s or early 60s and can afford monthly cruises (or multiple a month) but can’t arrange to buy a home. 2. If you do prefer to rent, why go with a massive house when you’re never home?! All the man needs is a 2 bed apt with the second room as an office and recording space and an underground parking space. Ottawa is a massive city and there’s no reason it was as much drama as it was.

Reactions: 1
No thank goodness! Honestly I was waiting all day to hear from them that there was an issue but they made it back on time.

Everytime I click on one of his videos to see if anything has changed, it’s the same old same old. All his drama about the house he’s renting being sold and how hard it is to find a new place, etc. 1. There’s something shady with your finances if you’re in your late 50s or early 60s and can afford monthly cruises (or multiple a month) but can’t arrange to buy a home. 2. If you do prefer to rent, why go with a massive house when you’re never home?! All the man needs is a 2 bed apt with the second room as an office and recording space and an underground parking space. Ottawa is a massive city and there’s no reason it was as much drama as it was.
Once he was in that house, he suddenly seemed to be wanting a lady friend. One of the videos he was talking about things clearly trying to show he was a catch, but then he showed a room with his own massage table, which seemed creepy to me.

Once he was in that house, he suddenly seemed to be wanting a lady friend. One of the videos he was talking about things clearly trying to show he was a catch, but then he showed a room with his own massage table, which seemed creepy to me.
Oh he’s a certifiable stranger danger for sure!

• Haha
So B&D are currently aboard the new Sun Princess and it’s a press trip meaning that they paid nothing for this cruise. Anyone want to bet that Ben loudly proclaims that their thoughts are their own and they’re being 100% honest with their review? I smell some foul shite…….

Reactions: 4
So B&D are currently aboard the new Sun Princess and it’s a press trip meaning that they paid nothing for this cruise. Anyone want to bet that Ben loudly proclaims that their thoughts are their own and they’re being 100% honest with their review? I smell some foul shite…….
I feel like perhaps a couple of lines contacted them after the MSC faux drama and they did it just to wrangle up some free cruises.

I feel like perhaps a couple of lines contacted them after the MSC faux drama and they did it just to wrangle up some free cruises.
It’s kind of a perfect storm, though. Princess got a lot of tit because Sun Princess sailed even though she wasn’t ready, so they’re attempt to buy some friendly PR.

Personally I don’t care if they get a free trip as long as they showcase the ship facilities and cabins in their videos. Travel agents get free familiarization trips to then promote the cruise line/ship to their customers so the vloggers might as well too. As long as they make it clear that’s it’s been gifted/is an ad, then I know what to expect.

It’s kind of a perfect storm, though. Princess got a lot of tit because Sun Princess sailed even though she wasn’t ready, so they’re attempt to buy some friendly PR.
Every ship comes out not 100% finished. Even Gary Bembridge said that years ago when people have asked about inaugural sailings. He said wait about a month to go on so everything’s complete. He also chuckled about “all the other vloggers falling all over themselves to have the first video out about a ship”.

Every ship comes out not 100% finished. Even Gary Bembridge said that years ago when people have asked about inaugural sailings. He said wait about a month to go on so everything’s complete. He also chuckled about “all the other vloggers falling all over themselves to have the first video out about a ship”.
Yes, without fail as soon as a new ship launches my YT feed is saturated.

But it’s funny how jaded all these idiots are after going on so many cruises and all the things they nitpick and complain about. So many of them trashed the new Celebrity Ascent. One of my girlfriends just got off last Sunday with her husband and another couple. It was their first cruise and they loved it including the funky balcony that the vloggers love to hate. They’re already planning an extended family/friend cruise on the Beyond next year for the Panama Canal. She said it was better than any all inclusive they’ve been to and obviously can’t compare to the land trips they’ve done in Asia or Europe but for that winter break relaxation type trip it was perfect!

It reminds me of the Haven negativity most of them put out that another poster mentioned and then found better videos from Harr Travel.

When people have been on as many cruises as these professional content creators have I don’t think their opinions are to be trusted. People who cruise for a living and as part of that experience increasingly luxurious accommodation and experiences can’t be objective because they’ve literally seen it all. The sort of things they gripe about would for many people not even be noticed. Like Ben and David bitching about a single designated smoking area on a huge ship. Most people would just find one of the many different lounges to sit in, they wouldn’t be affronted by it like Bitchy Ben. Just so entitled and opinions skewed to what they’ve decided is the best.

Reactions: 3

But it’s funny how jaded all these idiots are after going on so many cruises and all the things they nitpick and complain about. So many of them trashed the new Celebrity Ascent. One of my girlfriends just got off last Sunday with her husband and another couple. It was their first cruise and they loved it including the funky balcony that the vloggers love to hate. They’re already planning an extended family/friend cruise on the Beyond next year for the Panama Canal. She said it was better than any all inclusive they’ve been to and obviously can’t compare to the land trips they’ve done in Asia or Europe but for that winter break relaxation type trip it was perfect!

It reminds me of the Haven negativity most of them put out that another poster mentioned and then found better videos from Harr Travel.
Yeah, if you want to see the ship, Harr is great. Danny is a little jokey about it, but gives good and useful info and while knowledgeable, doesn't seem jaded and entitled by cruising a lot.

When people have been on as many cruises as these professional content creators have I don’t think their opinions are to be trusted. People who cruise for a living and as part of that experience increasingly luxurious accommodation and experiences can’t be objective because they’ve literally seen it all. The sort of things they gripe about would for many people not even be noticed. Like Ben and David bitching about a single designated smoking area on a huge ship. Most people would just find one of the many different lounges to sit in, they wouldn’t be affronted by it like Bitchy Ben. Just so entitled and opinions skewed to what they’ve decided is the best.
Totally this! Someone posted on my cruise FB group after they got off the other day and complained that there were multiple smoking areas “but that’s what happens in Europe”. Same poster complained while on the budget Greek cruise ship that there weren’t enough vegetarian options on the menu. Someone replied on that post that they should mention it to the restaurant manager, they did, and they got the vegetarian menu the rest of their trip. Well duh you’d think you’d mention that day 1! 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️ I swear the tit people moan about never ceases to amaze me!

Like yes, lots of Europeans smoke so a European cruise line is going to have multiple smoking areas, Shocker that you go to meat heavy countries like Greece and Turkey and they don’t cater to vegetarian or vegan diets, Why people don’t do their research if they have specific concerns is beyond me! Most places don’t care that you’re vegan/veggie/gluten free/dairy free outside of Canada/US/UK.

Totally this! Someone posted on my cruise FB group after they got off the other day and complained that there were multiple smoking areas “but that’s what happens in Europe”. Same poster complained while on the budget Greek cruise ship that there weren’t enough vegetarian options on the menu. Someone replied on that post that they should mention it to the restaurant manager, they did, and they got the vegetarian menu the rest of their trip. Well duh you’d think you’d mention that day 1! 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️ I swear the tit people moan about never ceases to amaze me!

Like yes, lots of Europeans smoke so a European cruise line is going to have multiple smoking areas, Shocker that you go to meat heavy countries like Greece and Turkey and they don’t cater to vegetarian or vegan diets, Why people don’t do their research if they have specific concerns is beyond me! Most places don’t care that you’re vegan/veggie/gluten free/dairy free outside of Canada/US/UK.
And those places are assuming if you need/want that, you'll ask about it.

Harr Travel is paid to come on board and make their promotional videos plus he sells travel AND makes money from YouTube itself he is a very smart business man.

Harr Travel is paid to come on board and make their promotional videos plus he sells travel AND makes money from YouTube itself he is a very smart business man.
And, I don't think he's overselling anything, at least that I've seen. The family ships/lines he points up how they're good for families and the fancier stuff he shows for families but also doesn't act like they're for everyone. Though he never really addresses the entitled, drama prone YouTuber market.

He’s done some great videos for the Antarctica cruise ships. A dream of mine when I’m mortgage free and able to save more.

Yeah, if you want to see the ship, Harr is great. Danny is a little jokey about it, but gives good and useful info and while knowledgeable, doesn't seem jaded and entitled by cruising a lot.
Danny is the GOAT when it comes to ship tours. I could do with few dad jokes, but I really appreciate that he's knowledgable and not click-bait-y.

I don't consider him a vlogger in the same sense as the rest of them, just because it's basically advertising. But that's kind of refreshing if you just want info about the ships.

Reactions: 6
And, I don't think he's overselling anything, at least that I've seen. The family ships/lines he points up how they're good for families and the fancier stuff he shows for families but also doesn't act like they're for everyone. Though he never really addresses the entitled, drama prone YouTuber market.
he makes great videos, they are just paid advertisements.